Eltamd Uv Clear SPF 46 uploaded by Jeff G.

BY ELTAMD

Elda MD UV Shield 46 helps reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and photo-damaged skin while protecting from broad spectrum of UVA/UVB rays. UV Shield is lightweight and contributes to maintaining clean, clear, smooth skin. This product is great for all skin types, including acne-prone skin and also oil-free, parable-free, non-comedogenic, sensitivity-free, and fragrance-free.UV Clear is formulated with 5% pure form Niacin amide, which is a part of the family of Vitamin B3 or niacin without the same toxic effects. The purer form used in this product has less or no nicotinic acid which can cause flushing or irritation and is also odorless. see more...

Sonia D.
Mesa, AZ
I love that this sunscreen offers both UVB & UVA protection to protect you from both burning and aging + it helps prevent & reverse hyperpigmentation and more! And with its non-comedogenic formulation, this lotion will not clog pores or irritate acne.  Also it is very lightweight and doesn't leave a sticky or white residue behind. Besides the UVB & UVA ingredients, these are additional 3 all-star ingredients...

1. 5% Niacinamide (vitamin b3) which is an antioxidant that also brightens skin tone, treats hyperpigmentation, increases collagen production ( 👌 an important building block for elasticity, and its ability to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles), has anti-inflammatory properties, and is more effective than antibiotics in treating acne.

2. Sodium Hyaluronate (a smaller molecule than hyaluronic acid which allows it to more easily penetrate the skin) which attracts and holds into water giving a “plumping effect” reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and hydrates the skin.

3. Tocopheryl Acetate (a more stable and less acidic form vitamin E) which is atributed with antioxidant, anti-aging, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and enhanced SPF properties.

With that said, I've been battling hyperpigmentation for a few years with only minimal success at treating it. I've tried a host of products with only chemical peels giving me the most dramatic results (removing the epidermal hyperpigmentation and possibly some dermal hyperpigmentation). This product should not be purchase for the sole purpose of treating hyperpigmentation but definitely part of your arsenal for preventing it. From what I have experienced, topical creams/serums only seem to help improve the epidermal melasma and not dermal melasma. Dermal conditions typically have to be treated with lasers or deep peels that are able to penetrate through the epidermis and reach the roots of the problem. This is why some people respond well to lightening creams and others do not.
Meenal T.
Beavercreek, OH
I use this sunscreen everyday and I absolutely love it. It is great for people with sensitive skin. I apply it on top of my moisturizer and underneath my make up and it protects my skin very well.
Elisa S.
Review for: Eltamd Uv Clear SPF 46, 3.4 Ounce more...
I use this product when I am out in the sun. The only downside to this is that it feels like its not as absorbing as I would like it to be and a little on the pricey side.
Megan P.
Favorite sunscreen for acne prone skin! I feel protected whenever I leave the house and don’t have to worry about breakouts. This also has niacinamide in it which I love!
Katie A.
Nashville, TN
Review for: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. more...
Best sunscreen ever! Not too thick, not to thin. I absolutely see a difference in the dark spots on my skin (or lack there of) when using this sunscreen! Will continue to buy!!
Jeff G.
Davie, FL
Review for: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. more...
This is an excellent sunscreen! Although I typically use the tinted version of this sunscreen (yes, there is a tinted version!), I like using this one on days where I don’t need any extra coverage or just want to feel extra clean and clear. This is probably my most favorite sunscreen since it’s super lightweight, not greasy, and smells great! Be aware that as I mentioned earlier, there is a clear and tinted version (see attached picture of both), so make sure you choose the one that’s right for you!
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
I've been using this product for a little over a month now and I am really liking it. I like that it is a physical sunscreen and has SPF 46. After doing some digging and research, I also like that this product is also PA+++ if not PA++++! Its a great amount of protection that also doubles as skincare for me because of it's niacinamide content. I took off a point for the texture though, it is a little liquidy and runny and can pill on your skin if you don't let your previous skincare products completely dry first. I usually wait at least 15-min after skincare to apply this and I'll generally smooth it on and then pat it into my skin. It dries semi-matte and can leave the skin a bit dewy if you're oilier like me. It hasn't broken me out though, so I'm going to continue using it!
Will M.
the best sunscreen hands down! It leaves no white cast - no real fragrance - and is easy to apply. It also has great pump, and I like the high SPF in it. I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.
Brianna D.
Greenwood, IN
This stuff is amazing. It has all the right ingredients to protect your face from the sun as well as to help it with redness and scarring. It goes on great and isn't oily at all. This is my go to for sunscreen.
Shari W.
I love how light this product is. It absorbs instantly and is non-greasy and blends nicely under my foundation. It really protects my skin, while keeping me break out free. Elta MD UV Clear Screen Lotion SPF 46

back