BY ELLEN HOPKINS BOOK LIST #22 in Books

• These look quite interesting but what are they all about??3 Answers
  • Has anyone read these books?2 Answers
Ellen Hopkins Young Adult Novels
  • "These books were wonderful, we had to pick a series for our sophomore year of high school, and i have read all of these books many times." in 26 reviews
  • "While not for the faint of heart (by any means) every single book by her is phenomenal and sticks with you for years afterward." in 16 reviews
  • "Although I admit it did take me some time to get used to her unique writing style (she writes using poetry), I am hooked." in 15 reviews
  • "Ellen Hopkins is an amazing author and I have read almost all her books except for two." in 9 reviews
  • "These book are really good for young adults and teens they are very inspiring and well written" in 9 reviews
Megan W.
Ormond Beach, FL
I have read every single one of Ellen Hopkins books from the Crack trilogy to her newest books Rumble and Tricks. She is my all time favorite author. Her writing style is so original, it personally draws me in every single time. The minute I got my hands on one of her new books it never left my hands, and got finished that day. Her books cover various topics of what some teens might go through and informs you of what others have went through. She writes about things such as drug abuse, mental health, prostitution, and religious beliefs. Some topics you might consider taboo but, honestly ever story she has told will somehow tug at your heart strings one way or another. I would recommend her books to anyone. I have gotten several people hooked on her books, she is amazing.
Alexis C.
Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Currently indulging in the latest Ellen Hopkins novel in her young adult section. I am absolutely in love with her novels. I have read every single one! Every book is just as good as the last. I wouldn't even be able to say which one is my favorite because I truthfully don't know. Ellen Hopkins novels are raw, painful, and beautiful. Her characters are usually young people/teens going through real life tragedies. Such as drug addiction, self harm/suicide, child trafficking/prostitution, and much more. Once I pick up one of her books I can never stop. I become so engulfed in these stories and characters lives. I highly recommend any/every one of her novels. You will not be disappointed!
Erica M.
Ellen Hopkins' writing style is absolutely brilliant. She speaks to you on a level that is very hard to describe. You connect with each one of her characters in so many ways. Whether you have gone through the situation(s) that they have you still are able to empathize and just purely connect with them. The way Ellen tells the story is so enthralling and engaging that there isn't a way for you to put down her books. From the first page to the last you will enjoy every ounce. The poetry is so eloquent and you will feel every emotion that there is out there. Fantastic collection of books that any age would enjoy reading.
Avani P.
Eye-opening, that's what these books are. They tug at your heart with all the twists, turns, and emotions strewn into one another. There isn't one situation that warrants one simple emotion. This encompasses all kinds of heartbreak, scars, helplessness that form from difficult situations that arise with drug addiction, mental health, prostitution, and religion. I wanted to know more about each character. I wanted to insert myself into the story and help. There were times when I even shook my head at the characters' actions. Each book was a rollercoaster.
Amy P.
Pembroke, NH
Bookworm Expert
The voice in these books is phenomenal. I remember reading "Crank" and feeling my pulse quicken along with the main character as the author changes the pace and tone of the piece. Really this is remarkable writing. My students really like this series, and it helps them process through issues that are too difficult to talk to adults about directly. We are able to frame conversations through characters in a book and our relationship to their experiences, which enables me to help them more. These books should be required reading in all high schools.
Amanda S.
Virginia Bch, VA
Ellen writes in sort of prose like style, which is actually really refreshing. She has a way of getting into your mind and her stories are the kind that you take with you everywhere. There were times I stayed up all night finishing her novels. Even into my adult life, I can't stop buying her books. Whether they are personally relatable to y ok urban or not you cannot help but to get sucked into then. She is also a wonderful person who loves reaching out to her readers and hearing their thoughts, feelings, and inputs.
Zuleika I.
Bronx, NY
I love Ellen Hopkins as a writer with all my heart. She has such a special way of describing a characters feelings. Her writing has an easy fluency while reading, I just can never put the book down while reading any of her books. My favorite being Burned. That goes down as one of my all time favorite books, couldn't get enough although, the ending killed me, the sequel gave me a good feeling. But the book Burned alone, was completely amazing. You can really connect to the characters.
Natalie G.
Love these books. Hopkins is such a good writer she keeps you wanting more. Each character in the books have their own way of thinking, own writing style, and personality that it gets you to become attracted to the character and wanting to know more about them and their story. I also like how the page layout is set up, they are better thick books but once you look at the pages it really isn't that much. They writing is set up almost looking like a poem. Very good books! Recommend.
Jen L.
Janesville, CA
Ellen Hopkins Young Adult Novels are wonderful! My 16 year old daughter has read almost all of them and she raves to everyone about them, friends and family. She talked me into reading one last year, I had resisted for a long time because I thought they'd be too YA for me but I was completely wrong. I read Crank and was completely blown away by the story and the beautiful, lyrical style in which it's written. I would highly recommend any of her novels to fans of YA.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Ellen Hopkins has an incredibly way with words; her poems and books will keep you on the edge of your seat in ways you wouldn't think they could. She explores darker topics such as depression, mental illness, drug abuse, etc. Her writing explores the darker side of the humanity and the human psyche, and her works will make you laugh, cry, and question yourself and what you think you know about the human experience. These are great books for teens and young adults.
Ashley A.
Eden Prairie, MN
Which of these novels do you think is Ellen Hopkin's best work?
kaci o.
Which book is your favorite by her?
Nicole B.
Lawrence, MA
If I wanted to get into reading Young adult novels, would these be good books to start with?
Dayna D.
Adairsville , Ga
What audience are these books for?
Tina K.
Ponchatoula, LA
Where can you buy theses books from ? I have a few friends that would love it.