BY ELLEN HOPKINS BOOK LIST

Ellen Hopkins Young Adult Novels
  • "These books were wonderful, we had to pick a series for our sophomore year of high school, and i have read all of these books many times." in 26 reviews
  • "While not for the faint of heart (by any means) every single book by her is phenomenal and sticks with you for years afterward." in 16 reviews
  • "Although I admit it did take me some time to get used to her unique writing style (she writes using poetry), I am hooked." in 15 reviews
  • "Ellen Hopkins is an amazing author and I have read almost all her books except for two." in 9 reviews
  • "These book are really good for young adults and teens they are very inspiring and well written" in 9 reviews
Ariana M.
I personally think Ellen Hopkins is a genius, a hero, and freaking brilliant! I have read all of her books and am beyond impressed! All of these are written in poem form.. they are incredibly unique, different, and yet one of the most real/relatable books I have read. Ellen Hopkins Young Adult Novels is the absolute best! I would give 10+ stars if that was possible. Her books are raw, real, honest, relatable, and impossible to put down. Perfect was my favorite and resonated the most with me since I have personally battled Anorexia. I admire Ellen Hopkins and wish there were more authors out there who were bold and brave enough to write so honestly and openly about challenging issues faced by not only young adults.. but everybody. Please read these books.. you might not only learn a lot about compassion and understanding others struggles, but you will be reading top quality/excellent books. Thank you Ellen Hopkins! 💜💗🙌🏻
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I’m on the fence with this one. I’ve read some really good ones, and hated others. I don’t normally like to be so blunt but some of it was so bad I couldn’t even read it anymore. I just tossed the book and never picked it up again. On the other hand- I’ve also held onto a few so tight that you’d think it was a life or death situation!
Lexi R.
Each and every book has a story that you can some how relate to. She captivates her readers from start to finish. Ellen Hopkins is so descriptive with her words that I feel them. I love all her books and have read them since I was in high school. Ellen Hopkins Young Adult Novels
Jaydie T.
Sioux Falls
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I will not lie, some of her novels are absolutely gold and some are absolutely trash. Impulse was a joke to me. It was filled with horrible inaccuracies and terrible messages. Identical wad fantastic. It was painful and intense but so well written and it handled topics better. Hopkins has a very mature writing style and has some beautiful poetry. Her books are just hit and miss in my opinion
Jessica S.
Morgantown, WV
Ellen Hopkins is one of my favorite authors, especially when I read her Young Adult and Adult books. She gets so real in her books and has real life experience when dealing with drugs, and other life issues that people may struggle with. These books have really opened my eyes to drugs and how they control not just the users life but the whole family as well. I highly recommend reading these books.
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
I remember reading these books when I was 13 (yes, 13) and just falling in love with them.  It gave me a different perspective to think about and the writing is amazing.  I remember reading these and not being able to put the book down! I would definitely recommend reading Elle Hopkins' books.
Morgan P.
Saylorsburg , PA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
These are some of the best books I ever read! Some of the books can get confusing due to switching between characters but you can catch on quick! I highly recommend these!
Taylor B.
Carterville , IL
I read these books as a high schooler and they definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. The characters were very interesting. It was written a little bit different than most books, it wasn't broken up into paragraphs. There are so many books to read in her collection, I read all of them.
Hannah R.
Mount Vernon, IL
Ellen hopkins is my favorite author in the world. Her work really takes me to the world shes creating. Identical is a book that made me literally gasp and scream out at the twist. That book was amazing
Bryana L.
I’m in love with Ellen Hopkins’ work! It has a very unique structure. Her books are very captivating and raw. I like how she writes from various perspectives and I like how she leads her characters (who have never met before) together based on their experiences throughout the stories. The contents of what she writes about are more for mature audiences since she writes mainly about substance abuse and other relatable problems that happen in society. I would not recommend a young person to read them because of how mature and detailed the books are. I would also recommend those who’ve had substance abuse problems or problems with self harm to avoid these unless the contents wouldn’t not trigger them.
Ashley A.
Eden Prairie, MN
Which of these novels do you think is Ellen Hopkin's best work?
Nicole B.
Lawrence, MA
If I wanted to get into reading Young adult novels, would these be good books to start with?
kaci o.
Which book is your favorite by her?
Dayna D.
Adairsville , Ga
What audience are these books for?
Tina K.
Holden , La.
Where can you buy theses books from ? I have a few friends that would love it.