BY ELIZABETH ARDEN

This award-winning skin protectant deeply moisturizes and protects skin any time, any way you choose.

Its versatile formula goes beyond moisturization, working wonders to shape brows, add shine to cheeks, soothe dry hands, smooth cuticles and nails, and more.

Dermatologist-tested and clinically shown to hydrate and protect skin for eight hours!

PRODUCT DETAILS

Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant is the legendary skincare formula created in 1930 by Miss Arden to soothe and protect skin. An instant, overwhelming success, the Eight Hour® brand continues its legacy today. Celebrated by makeup artists and beauty influencers around the globe, its wonderful versatility and proven results have elevated it to “cult status” in the beauty industry.

DID YOU KNOW?

The name Eight Hour® was coined by a devoted Elizabeth Arden client who used the cream on her child’s grazed knee, and ”eight hours later”, it was magically better.

Cameron O.
West Virginia
This is NOT just Vaseline as some other reviewers have stated. It contains Salicylic Acid as well as various oils. Vaseline is just petrolatum, which this also contains. Salicylic Acid is common in acne creams, scar creams, and eczema treatments so it's good for removing the outer layer of skin. This makes it a go-to skin treatment for everything from scratches, scars, to acne. I also love it on my eyebrows. I have thick, unruly eyebrows that benefit greatly from a tiny application of this miracle cream. Using this, I can forego doing my brows which can smear & lead to embarrassing mishaps. This cream is also a great lip balm. Will have definitely made it a part of my skincare arsenal!
M B.
Miramar Beach , FL
I bought this because Katie Sturino from @the12ishstyle on Instagram recommended it. Supposedly it was a makeup artist’s secret for dewy skin the night before a photo shoot. You are supposed to put a layer on before bed and wake up with glowing skin. I was scared I might break out because it’s so thick and oily but I was fine. That was the only plus. Its texture is similar to Vaseline so I put a towel on my pillow because I was worried I would ruin my bedding. When I woke up my face was less - I’m ready for my closeup - and more - I have oily skin and I need to wash my face.
I’ll probably use this on my feet and hands this winter, but I won’t repurchase it. Luckily I bought it at TJ Maxx, so I didn’t pay full price.
kristina r.
Bloomington, IN
This wasn’t really what I was expecting . It’s literally like a thin met more liquidy petroleum jelly. Not worth the money in my opinion. I just use it on my hands in the winter when they’re really dry but I wouldn’t ever use it on my face. Not sure how it’s a skin protectant
Brooke M.
Toledo
I have been using Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream practically since birth. Believe it or not my dad has used it long before  marrying my mom. It’s a miracle lip protectant, and like medical grade! (No, that’s not proven, but I just need you do understand this is not like a normal chapstick!)  In addition to that, I typically carry Burt’s Bee’s Chapstick with me in my purse! Be picky when choosing chapsticks, many of them are formulated to dry out your lips, so you buy more!
ezra m.
Stillwater
I get really dry chapped/cracked lips in the winter so I'm glad I have this. I have maybe medium sized lips but most makeup glosses I've worn make my lips look smaller and so the gloss just isn't as appealing. This makes my lips look really plump and has a beautiful glossy look
N E S T O R M.
Carrollton, TX
WOW! What a multi tasking product! I use it as a lip treatment/balm and also for my cuticles because they’re always drying out. I haven’t played with it too much on the brows, but the consistency is nice and it would DEFINITELY add some gloss to the eyes and cheeks
Sarah H.
Yorktown, VA
This is a staple in my skincare/makeup routine. So many useful applications— I use it in place for highlighter when I want a dewey look, I use it on my cuticles and lips, and on my face before bed when it’s dehydrated. It does have a strong medicinal smell, but it’s not a turn off for me.
Jessica M.
Brooklyn, NY
This eight hour cream sounds very enticing with it's abilities to nourish chapped skin but I was severely disappointed.

The formula made the cream very thick and hard to spread out evenly. It also felt lily and slimey and not very pleasant to use.

I wanted to like this product but it was very hard to.
Karla V.
Bellmore
This works wonders! Makes skin soft and glowy. I do not use this everyday for the fact that it is too oily. As others have said, it has the consistency of something like vaseline which makes it inferior to others that have a cream consistency rather than oily.
Tong O.
Staten Island, NY
This is my holy grail night time lip, hand and foot cream. I used to have very crack cuticles. Since I started using Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream, my hands and lips are so much better. I use this all year round.Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant
Kelly N.
I have read and watched many reviews where people use this on their lips. Does it have an unpleasant smell? I was also wondering if it smells very floral?
Nancy M.
Where could I get my hands on this?
Nancy M.
How helpful is this for dry skin?
Millie B.
London
Is this good for face or just Lips?
Nancy M.
How does your skin feel in the morning after using this?