e.l.f. Volume Plumping Mascara

You asked, we listened! We improved the formula and brush head for enhanced performance and application. This mascara creates thicker-looking, bold, and volumized lashes. The dense, oversized brush head fully coats lashes for intense and dramatic effect. Infused with Vitamin B to help condition and strengthen lashes.

How To Use

Apply To Eyelashes From Root To Tip, Working In A Zig-zag Motion To Fully Coat The Lashes. Reapply If Desired.

Water (Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Pvp, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Barium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Triacontanyl Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol (Vb), Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose

May Contain:

Dc Black 2 (Ci 77266)

Buy on Amazon
Kelsey B.
I have read many mixed reviews on this mascara so I was hesitant to try buy it, but I finally convinced myself to give it a shot. I have only used it a few times, but I am really enjoying it so far. The packaging is very simple which I enjoy and I like the wand this mascara has. It makes my lashes look very voluminous and bold. The only reason I rate this 4 stars and not 5 is because it’s very hard to get off and it can be a bit clumpy when applying. Other than that, I’m really impressed with this mascara especially at that price point.
Johanna F.
Honestly this mascara is very inexpensive but so worth it I bought mine at target and let me just say that this mascara is not clumpy at all the formula is not at all to watery or dry it’s very good for a drug store protect e.l.f. Volume Plumping Mascara
Gentry R.
Gilbert, AZ
This has been my go to mascara for a couple years now. I love it and I love the way it looks on. I gave it a four instead of a five only because they recently stopped carrying the one I like. I would recommend this if they started carrying the formula I like again.
Gaby R.
Ok, i used to like this mascara and i still use it a lot right now because it’s the only one i have. But it isn’t very good. It flakes off like crazy throughout the day to the point where i’m literally wearing no mascara at all within 3 hours. The black color nicely suits my hazel eyes but it doesn’t stay on. I love how it applies. It would be better if it never flaked, but i end up having to swipe mascara flakes off of my under eyes. So annoying and until i get a new mascara i’ll need to deal with it.
Jill L.
it's hard to believe this product is as inexpensive as it is.   It goes on very creamy, no clumping, and no flaking later in the day.  It looks as good at the end of the day, as it did when I first applied it in the morning. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good, basic mascara, that does not irritate your eyes.
Charity G.
Orangeburg, SC
Another one of my faves. This mascara is long-lasting and has great quality. great value for the performance I get from this product. I buy this product from Walmart or any dru store. I repurchase this mascara all the time. I love the sleek packaging.
Bri B.
Albany, NY
I just tried this mascara after buying it on a whim. It's no better or worse than other mascaras I've used, but it's only $4! Because of this, I'd recommend it. There's no reason to spend more money on a product when cheaper ones will work just as well. I'll definitely be buying this again.
Sd U.
I used the "New Formula" Volume Plumping Mascara, Black, .25 oz.  It is a decent value to the money.  I never tried the "old" formula, so I can't compare the two.  I do like the sleek packaging. The wand is fairly generic.  It does make my eye lashes look great.
Elissa M.
I like this product alright but would not buy again because I have had a hard time applying this mascara without getting some on my eyelids or under my eyes. When I get it on though it is fine. And the inexpensive price is what led me to purchasing in the first place.
Lydia G.
St. George
I used this product for several months, but I ran out recently and had to repurchase. At first, this was my favorite mascara. It always made my lashes look really nice, it wasn't uncomfortable to apply or wear, and I didn't have problems with it flaking or otherwise getting weird. I've tried another elf mascara (3-in-1, I think?) and I liked that one too, so I've generally had pretty positive experience with elf mascaras.

However, they've changed the formula of this volume plumping mascara and I'm extremely disappointed with it. It's really wet and thick; it basically glues my lashes together, and sometimes if I blink too hard too soon, it'll stick my eye closed, which is... not great, in my opinion? It makes my lashes look ridiculously spidery, and a lot of product gets deposited at the very ends of my lashes, which really isn't a good look for me. I'll also sometimes get little clumps of product when I do my lower lashes, which is super frustrating. I really, really don't like how this product makes my lashes look. I've included a photo of an eye look I did, including this mascara, so hopefully you can see what I mean.

Also, a bit of a petty gripe, but I loved the original packaging; matte and surprisingly heavy. It felt almost like metal. The new packaging is a touch smaller, lighter, and a cheaper-looking shiny black. I don't love it.

I adored the original product, but this new version is awful. I can't wait to get a different mascara. This has definitely made me feel less comfortable buying elf mascaras, so I think I'm gonna shop around for a bit before I come back to them.