e.l.f. Tone Adjusting primer

This Tone Adjusting Face Primer helps to minimize redness and correct blotchy skin. Enjoy an even skin tone and a smoother base with every application.

How To Use

Apply To Clean Skin Prior To Makeup Application To Prep Skin.
Use A Small Amount And Blend Evenly On Your Face.

1.01 Fl. Oz. (30ml)

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica

May Contain:

Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492), Chromium Oxide Green (Ci 77288), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

Is the primer good?
Does this actually adjust your skin tone?
Doors it help redness?
Start your review of e.l.f. Tone Adjusting primer!
Product Highlights
“...even out my skin tones and goes on smoothly. it does not leave me feeling oily afterwords. the only complaint i would have is that the bottle size is to small and it runs out quickly.” in reviews
Rutherfordton, NC
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
I'm a makeup enthusiast and addict. I'm 27 and began my journey with makeup when I turned 20. I like to try lots of differend brands and products. I usually shop at places like Sephora and Ulta for my makeup needs. However, I do try drugstore products on occasion because I'm not made of money and if I can find something that works and is cost efficient, I'm all for it. Trying e.l.f. primers was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I like to use this when I'm tired before work. If you have dark spots, dark circles underneath your eyes, or just any part of your skin is a different shade than the rest, this is the primer for you. Color me impressed, e.l.f. has earned my respect. Yes, I like to invest in my makeup but this helped save me money and works as well as some high end brands! If you're thinking about buying it, do it now!
Wildwood , MO
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
This is a so far so good product for me as I have only been using it about a week. My thoughts may change as I work through it. I like the consistency. It does reduce my redness and leave my skin feeling smooth and ready for foundation. I've not yet noticed a significant reduction in my pores when wearing it, but I mostly bought it for my redness issue. I've used several foundations over it. I find that the more matte or velvety a foundation is the better it works. Since I have oily skin, I rarely use my hydrating foundations, but when I used it, I found the product slipping in places, leaving spots that needed touched up. That said, that could just be my skin and it's own issue of being oily in spots. For the price, this is worth trying, in my opinion, especially if you have a redness issue.
Surprise, AZ
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
If you don’t like silicone feeling primers, don’t even give this a second look. But I don’t mind the feeling, and it really does control shine on my t zone, so I love it. It doesn’t do much for longevity, but it does reduce the redness from my sensitive skin, making for a much nicer canvas! The BIG downside is how little product you get, even for only $7. The true bottle is less than half the size of what you buy. I ran out of mine very quickly, in about only 3 weeks. It’s cheap and affordable for sure, but not my HG. I prefer it in use with other primers.
Austin, TX
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
I enjoy that this product is vegan and cruelty free. It helps minimize my pores somewhat but I noticed that it definitely helps with my blotchy red (and extremely sensitive) skin. This product has no sun protection, however it is meant to be layered with a foundation (I use ELF's BB cream) and it helps my makeup stay put longer. The texture of the product feels quite oily at first but then dries matte, I wait 1-2 minutes before applying my foundation or BB cream after this product. Would recommend!
Watertown, MA
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
Not only is this incredibly affordable, but it does its job so well! It feels super silky when you put it on, and it is AMAZING at balancing out redness! I use this when I’m going out for the night (because ya girl gets crazy wine flush, let’s be honest) and once I put foundation in, the redness disappears. Just be careful about what products you use with this since it’s silicone based, I’ve noticed that water-based concealers, etc., tend to separate on top of it.
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
This was a quick pick me up I got at a drug store. The price for this is great and the formula isn’t bad too. I have oily skin and the product it self has a silicone feel so it almost made my skin feel like a smooth dolphin. Never less it help up my make up through the day although I did have to get paper towels to wipe away oils my fave was making. This would be an amazing product for someone with dry skin as it would do your wonders
Rochester , NY
e.l.f. Tone Adjusting primer uploaded by Katie Q.
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
I am totally lacking a ‘toner’ in my skin care arsenal so when I saw this I HAD to have it. You just cannot beat the price point. The packaging is nice and sleek and looks beautiful on your vanity. The pump is amazing and puts out a nice amount of product. The ONLY downside to this, was the SECOND I put it on my face I could tell that it had dymithicone. I am not opposed to that in my primers but if you are I wouldn’t recommend this.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
This primer is okay, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it to anyone. Sure, it’s a great price, but you honestly don’t get as much product as you think. The actual bottle inside the outside container is much smaller. The primer itself feels heavy to the touch but glides on really smooth. As for tone adjusting, I didn’t really see a difference, and I used this product for at least a couple of years before I found one I like better.
Corona
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
I have combo skin-oily at my forehead/chin/nose but dry at below the corners of my mouth, my cheeks and sides of my nose. I've tried this many times over the years- it does not reduce redness(I get red patchy-ness below the corners of my mouth) I've also tried this with/ without primer and everytime I have put concealer over it; it will cause build up and look crusty. Most ELF products are great, this is not one of them
Garnet Valley, PA
Review for: E.l.f. Tone adjusting primer
This primer helped to blur my blemish spots when covered with a foundation but it was more oily for my already oily skin. It left a dewy finish and didn’t combine well with my foundation on my nose, the ingredients were opposite of my foundation so it would slip off after a few hours. It’s a great inexpensive primer for those who may have dry skin! Worked great on every other area of my face!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Dunbar
il y a un an
e.l.f. Tone Adjusting primer ? Does this really help reduce redness? My cheeks get very red even if I haven't touched them and sometimes, depending on the foindation, it is hard to fully conceal the redness.
Jen H. • il y a un an
Yes! It works for me and glides on smooth.