BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #16 in Setting Spray

Keep your makeup looking like you just applied it with this mist and set from e.l.f. Cosmetics. With aloe, cucumber, green tea and vitamins, this refreshing product keeps your face moisturized, supple and healthy throughout the day.

• I love the price point of this - but does it work? I currently us...4 Answers
  • I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?13 Answers
  • Is this worth trying?3 Answers
e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set
  • "This setting spray leaves my face with a dewy finish, however I did not see much effect to lasting power of my make-up. " in 17 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a legitimate makeup setting spray, I recommend Ben Nye's Final Seal -or Urban Decay ( though compare UD sprays closely, all formulas are designed to achieve different finishes/things)! " in 12 reviews
  • "Not only does it make your makeup last longer, but it gives you a nice "dewy" complexion and can prevent the "caked on" look that sometimes happens." in 7 reviews
  • "It keeps my makeup pretty good for a while, but as soon as I've been exposed to the heat outside, I think my face looks worse than what I look like without the product." in 7 reviews
  • "Seriously, I have dry skin, so it feels nice to spray it onto my face before makeup to give my face some moisture, and to set my makeup after everything of course, I also have found that this works well when using pigments and wet/dry shadows just dip your brush a bit and use it with your shadows." in 6 reviews
Rhonda R.
Hastings
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this product wanting a cheap setting spray that gets the job done. It was the first setting spray I purchased, and I found that it served its purpose. I don't think it's one of the best setting sprays at the drugstore, though. The spray nozzle is not that great, as it does not spray fine enough for my tastes. I would see water droplets of the product on my face after spraying it, and so you kind of have to spray from far away. It also seemed a little bit sticky even after it dried down, and I don't think it extended the wear of my makeup enough to make it noticeable. I still used up the bottle, and it didn't have a terrible scent or make me into an oil slick. Not a terrible product, but I wouldn't repurchase.
Rae L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't use it to set my makeup, since it doesn't really do much to prolong my makeup, but it does a really good job to keep my skin looking hydrated. Also, when I just want to go more natural, I spritz this on and use a little highlight and it really makes my highlight popping. Only cons I have for this is that it doesn't keep my makeup in place and it does not evenly spray my face. There are places where it just leaves a patch of wet and a part dry. When I try to spray it evenly all around, it would sometimes stick in one area and start dripping down my face.
Nada T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SETTING MIST. I have to say that I love using this spray. As a CNA student, we wear white scrubs and I am always worried that my makeup will run and end up on my white uniform. With this setting spray, my makeup stays on my face and off of my uniform. The only reason I do not give it a 5 star rating is because I feel this bottle should be bigger than what they sell it for. It is a phenomenal price though for what you get. Great product over all. UPDATE, I still want to keep this at a 4 star rating because of the unbeatable price. However, after using this for weeks, now I see that when you are sweating heavily, your makeup will run off. So if you just had a workout or if your job is demanding and leaves you sweating chances are your makeup will run off. I advise you use this bottle in several layers of setting. But I feel if this was a more powerful formula, it would be perfect.
Kathy B.
Luthersburg, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
honestly, the thought of using setting sprays kind of makes me nervous. im scared to mess up the makeup I worked hard on, you know what i mean?!! but anyway, I decided to give it a try and i purchased this elf setting mist. it was very very cheap and I had heard a lot of good things about it so I was like why not! I will say that it did give my face that dewy glow, which a lot of people enjoy but i am not really the biggest fan of it.. but it looked alright. also, I did not think that it made my makeup last any longer like setting sprays claim to do.. maybe i will need to try the urban decay or mac sprays that I hear a lot about too.. anyway moral of the story, if you want that dewy look, this product is pretty good. but for lasting power i wouldnt say it makes a difference.
Ariel N.
San Francisco, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This was my first setting spray, and I went into it with mediocre expectations. But my expectations were much surpassed. I have mostly worn this setting spray in normal everyday settings and thought it was fine. I couldn't tell that much of a difference between my makeup normally and with a setting spray.

Then I wore used this setting spray when I went to a music festival... during a constant downpour and strong winds. When I left the music festival, my makeup wasn't perfect but it was pretty much intact. Several fellow music festival attendees even commented towards the end of the night that my makeup looked amazing and were wowed that it had stayed on this long. Needless to say, I was impressed.

The only reason I give this setting spray 1 star off is because the sprayer doesn't create a very fine mist. It can make it a bit intense. I swapped out to sprayer and like it a lot better now. It can also feel a bit tacky, but with the finer spray that's not really an issue anymore.
Autumn N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I found this product by accident when shopping and decided to buy it on a whim. I’m glad I did. I love this setting spray because it actually works. I’ve used hundreds of other setting sprays and none of have worked as well as this one. It actually made my make up last all day, with no disappearing eyeshadow, blush, etc. It all actually stuck! I will definitely keep this as my setting spray from now on.
Liz D.
Encinitas, CA
I would rate this product pretty average. I bought e.l.f. finishing because I ran out of my MaryKay finishing spray that I normally use. The mist is lightweight and doesnt clog my pores. It gives my face a dewey look, and it keeps the makeup on my face better than if I wasn't using the spray. It's cheap, so I would recommend it to a friend. I think there are definitely better ones on the market though.
Megan O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this nearly every time I do my makeup, and I've even bought it twice, but I'm still unsure how well it works.  It definitely does the job and keeps my makeup in place (especially my eyeshadow!)  If I coat my lids with this, my eyeshadow will stay in place all. day. long.  My only problem is the spray is just too "big", not fine enough, and it tends to absolutely soak your face, and take a super long time to dry.  I've heard other setting sprays don't do this, so I'm currently on the look out for a replacement.  For $3 though, it's worth trying and seeing if it works for you.
Brook H.
Carthage, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works wonders, especially down here in the south where the humidity & heat is enough to make your face melt off...literally! With this product, I don’t have to worry about that because it keeps everything perfectly in place and continually looking fresh. Very comparable to the high end, more expensive setting sprays! The price is cheap and I’ve bought mine at Walmart. Recommend to all!
Marie N.
Burke
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a pretty good setting spray, it does lock in your makeup and make it last longer, but as soon as you try another spray you realize that this could be much better. I wouldn’t recommend this unless you are really committed to sticking to elf products. It’s an okay product but I really prefer NYX’s Matte Setting Spray, it’s like this but 10 times better.
Tara K.
Athens, MI
I need a setting spray that will last all day at school and isn't expensive, would this one to the trick?
Tori H.
Coraopolis, PA
Does anyone else use elf products? I love them and just recently got invested and wanted suggestions on what was good to buy.
Mindy N.
Overland Park, KS
I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?
Delilah S.
Highland , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Looking for a setting spray but on a budget, has anyone tried this and recommend it? I have combination skin with large pores
Delisse T.
Can you use it without makeup?