BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #14 in Setting Spray

Keep your makeup looking like you just applied it with this mist and set from e.l.f. Cosmetics. With aloe, cucumber, green tea and vitamins, this refreshing product keeps your face moisturized, supple and healthy throughout the day.

• I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?13 Answers
  • I love the price point of this - but does it work? I currently us...3 Answers
  • Is this worth trying?3 Answers
e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set
  • "This setting spray leaves my face with a dewy finish, however I did not see much effect to lasting power of my make-up. " in 17 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a legitimate makeup setting spray, I recommend Ben Nye's Final Seal -or Urban Decay ( though compare UD sprays closely, all formulas are designed to achieve different finishes/things)! " in 12 reviews
  • "Not only does it make your makeup last longer, but it gives you a nice "dewy" complexion and can prevent the "caked on" look that sometimes happens." in 7 reviews
  • "It keeps my makeup pretty good for a while, but as soon as I've been exposed to the heat outside, I think my face looks worse than what I look like without the product." in 7 reviews
  • "Seriously, I have dry skin, so it feels nice to spray it onto my face before makeup to give my face some moisture, and to set my makeup after everything of course, I also have found that this works well when using pigments and wet/dry shadows just dip your brush a bit and use it with your shadows." in 6 reviews
Babette J.
Babette J.
Dumas, TX
I know there are rave reviews for this product, so if that's what you're looking for, don't read this one.

e.l.f. normally has products that I will recommend for beginners, or if you're in a bind. This will not be one of them. Price was great, results were not.

I bought the matte version, as I don't like the dewy look on myself. I had heard it smelled bad, but found that it actually smelled decent, when I applied it. I would describe it as a cucumber smell.

I found that not only did it not make my makeup last any longer, it actually seemed to cause problems with it. Within a few hours, my foundation looked splotchy, and had creasing in my eyeshadow. Thinking I had done something wrong, I tried again a few days later. Same results.

This is not a dupe for MAC, in anyway. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to use over it or Urban Decay, go spend a few dollars more, and grab the Hard Candy setting spray.

Will not purchase again, and can not in good conscience recommend the e.l.f. Mist.
Christie R.
Christie R.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
have combination skin that’s really difficult to manage whenever there’s warm weather. My skin is mostly equipped to go moisturizer free in a tundra, it’s so oily. At any rate, with the summer upon us I felt like I absolutely had to do something about my face, my makeup was lasting for approximately 15 minutes when I would leave my house, and sometimes I would catch my mascara running down my face. I found this particular makeup fixer online, and the price was right, so I decided to give it a shot. First thing, the delivery was amazing, it literally got there the day after I ordered it, and I only paid for priority. Secondly, I started using the product immediately and noticed that the spray mechanism isn’t as wide as it should be, which means that you should hold it further away from your face than you normally do in order to have the best experience. At any rate, it works really well at setting your makeup, but I find that it works absolutely best after I’ve done my skincare regimen.
Nazly P.
Nazly P.
If you have mixed skin that is really difficult to handle every time there is a warm climate. My skin is mostly equipped to go free moisturizer in a tundra, which is very oily. In any case, with the arrival of summer I felt as if I absolutely had to do something on my face, my makeup lasted about 15 minutes when I left my house, and sometimes I would catch my mascara running down my face. I found this particular online makeup fixative, and the price was fine, so I decided to give it a try. First, the delivery was amazing, literally got there the day after we ordered it, and only paid for priority. Secondly, I started using the product immediately and realized that the spraying mechanism is not as wide as it should be, which means that you should hold it farther from the face than normal in order to have the best experience. In any case, it works great in setting up your makeup, but I find it works best at all after I've done my skin care regimen.
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Ceres, CA
I wanted to give this a 2 1/2 but it doesn't let you do half stars. I tried the mist and set with aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamin a,c, and e. The product itself works good and I like the way the spray bottle actually sprays it on your face. The reason I had to give it this review is the smell. Ohhhhhh the smell 😭😭😭😭😭. It smells horrible absolutely horrible. Luckily it doesn't stay smelling that way once you spray it the smell goes away just make sure you don't get it on your clothes because I'm not sure if it would stay on you clothes or not. I am not a person that is sensitive to anything really, smells or other things either but this product just smells so horrible for something you spray on your face. Their other setting sprays are way better. They have a matte one and an illuminating one that I would definitely recommend before this one. Those work just as good and don't smell bad those I give 5 stars.
Cynthia L.
Cynthia L.
Baltimore
I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this setting spray. I usually use the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray but now I don't get scared of running out. because I know I have a backup spray that is decent. I've tried so many drug store setting sprays and I figured I'd try this because of how cheap it is. All the drugstore primers I have tried do not do anything to make my makeup last any longer, but I'd say this made my foundation last for a few more hours than it would without and setting spray. It also took away the powdery look from using too much powder (like I always do lol). The spray nozzle is better than most of the setting sprays from the drug store, but I will occasional get a big drop. My only real complaint it that the smell of it is very strange, but it doesn't linger for too long after it dries.
Van Y.
Van Y.
This is one of the best drugstore mists. I have combo skin and although it leaves my skin looking semi-dewy, it helps to prevent the oilyness from showing throw. It helps my makeup stay put for the entire day without any dripping/sliding.
I don't really like the scent, but it's alright, I guess because it's a faded scent.
It's not exactly a "mist". More like a nozzle spray like those on the cleaning products lol but it isn't bad when spraying.
It seems to stay wet longer than others that I've tried, so have to fan my face like crazy. I like when you touch your face, it doesn't leave a sticky feeling. My face felt smooth/soft!

I usually don't like spending a lot of money on a small product. This works well for me, so I'd recommend this if you're on a tight budget.
Kim S.
Kim S.
Jeffersonvlle, IN
I really like this setting spray the bottle in small enough that I keep a bottle of it in my purse along with the elf moisture stick, so that when I am out and my face starts getting dry I can spray this on my face. I also take the moisture stick and put a small amount on my finger and put in under my eyes and around my nose or any other dry area I have but be aware that a small amount goes a long way, once I have this done I will spray more of the setting spray on my face, if you have dry skin you really should try this combination, you can pick up the setting spray at target, cvs and some walmarts, and if you have a hard time finding it you can always go to elf.com they have a great range of high quality very affordable cosmetics and skin care.
Katherine P.
Katherine P.
Conroe, TX
won't say this is the best setting spray in the market, but for the price it is one of the top 5 (I have bought 5 bottles). In my case, it does help my makeup stay in place for longer than just 6-8 hours (normal work day), so I can go from the office to the dinner/drinks with friends with very little or no touch up; helps that my skin goes from normal to dry. Also it helps take the powdery look away, when I go powder crazy. The spray nozzle is good, not the finest mist but none have sprayed big droplets. About the scent, the first the bottle has a really funky scent but it dissipated in a few seconds so I didn't mind, after the second bottle it has a nice scent but not a memorable one and again, it dissipates quickly.
Breanna Z.
Breanna Z.
Apple Valley, MN
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or if it was even going to work, but I LOVE it. It works really well at keeping your makeup in place all day. I love to use this before I put my foundation on and after I moisturize. Then after I put my powder on, I love it spritz just a little more on my face not only to set it, but get rid of the powdery residue. I don't always spray my face after, because sometimes I like to look matte, but I love using it before my foundation. I've found that it actually works better than most face primers I use and it doesn't break me out like most face primers do. Plus this is great to spray on your eyeshadow brush to get more pigment
Shaquala W.
Shaquala W.
Wagram , NC
Ever questioned "how long will my makeup last?" Question no more. Get this product and your make-up will remain intact and have you looking flawless all day long. I prefer a matte finished look. I find myself more attractive when I don't look shiny. 😂. A nice shimmer mist would also be cool. Just know there's a difference in looking shiny and looking shimmery. Matte finish is the way to go! The best part is you don't have to spray the entire bottle for it to do it's magic. Most tutorials you will see beauty gurus spraying like twenty times. Nope! Not with this product. I would say about five sprays and you're good to go. Enjoy your day! #matteFinish #FiveSprays
Tara K.
Tara K.
Athens, MI
I need a setting spray that will last all day at school and isn't expensive, would this one to the trick?
Tori H.
Tori H.
Coraopolis, PA
Does anyone else use elf products? I love them and just recently got invested and wanted suggestions on what was good to buy.
Mindy N.
Mindy N.
Overland Park, KS
I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?
Delilah S.
Delilah S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Looking for a setting spray but on a budget, has anyone tried this and recommend it? I have combination skin with large pores
Delisse T.
Delisse T.
Can you use it without makeup?