BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #9 in Setting Spray

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

The ultimate must-have, the Makeup Mist & Set Spray is designed to hold your face and eye makeup in place all day and to revitalize makeup color with just a few sprays. The formula contains aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E to soothe and hydrate the skin. Spray on your brush or sponge prior to makeup application for extended hold and vibrant color.

HOW TO USE

• Hold the bottle at arm’s length and spray a light layer of mist over your makeup with eyes closed.
  • Let the formula dry naturally or blot with a tissue to help speed dry.

Beauty Tip: Prior to application of products on your sponge or brush, spray your tool with the Makeup Mist & Set for extended product staying powder and more vibrant color. Your highlighters, foundation and powders will never be the same!

Water (Aqua), Amp-acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va) Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc), Green Tea Extract,Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, Methylparaben,Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

• I love the price point of this - but does it work? I curr...5 Answers
  • I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?14 Answers
  • Is this good for people with oily skin? 4 Answers
e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist
  • "this is a great prodbtuc i get very oily skin and i use it in the morning after applying makeup and i am very pleased with this product " in 563 reviews
  • "This setting spray leaves my face with a dewy finish, however I did not see much effect to lasting power of my make-up. " in 17 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a legitimate makeup setting spray, I recommend Ben Nye's Final Seal -or Urban Decay ( though compare UD sprays closely, all formulas are designed to achieve different finishes/things)! " in 12 reviews
  • "It keeps my makeup pretty good for a while, but as soon as I've been exposed to the heat outside, I think my face looks worse than what I look like without the product." in 7 reviews
  • "Not only does it make your makeup last longer, but it gives you a nice "dewy" complexion and can prevent the "caked on" look that sometimes happens." in 7 reviews
Alexandra W.
I bought this makeup Mist Setting Spray online from ELF’s website, so I was surprised when I received my order at how small the bottle is in person! It is a low price, but I do not feel like it’s a great product or saves you money because it does not perform well at all as a setting spray, has a weird almost citrus-like smell, and the spray nozzle sprays too much product at a time and ends up being too concentrated on a specific spot on your face- it is definitely not a fine mist! I would not recommend this to anybody looking for an all-over full face setting spray; however, it does seem to work if you want to use it to intensify pigments in Eyeshadow, blush, highlighter, etc if you spray it on the brush before dipping into a powder. I would say it works more like the Mac Fix+ Spray (mainly for wetting brushes or “refreshing” makeup) than something like the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. It is cheap enough that it is worth keeping just for this specific use, otherwise I would return it if I wanted a true setting spray. Other reviews mention similar things and suggest other drugstore setting sprays that I agree with (the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray is not too expensive and does work to prolong makeup wear, but it also has a concentrated “aggressive” type of sprayer very similar to this one, so be sure to spray it far away from your face).
Montana O.
Mooresville , NC
This was my first makeup setting spray that I purchased when I first really got hard into makeup. It is a great setting spray from the drugstore and I believe it’s only $3.00 which is a great price for anyone. It does set your makeup down but I find with this particular one I do have to reapply throughout the day if it’s warm. I do still use this but i don’t really use as a setting spray much anymore. I like to spray it onto my eyeshadow brushes to make my shimmer or glitter shadows pop. I also spray it onto my beauty blender to dampen it a little if I don’t have access to wet it. I sometimes like to spray onto my face after foundation and powder and before my powder highlighter to make it really pop and glow. I do recommend this to anyone that is just starting out with makeup and wants an inexpensive setting spray to start out with. Elf does have great products even for someone that has been into makeup for a long time. Great product and brand.
Colet S.
Hollywood, FL
OK guys I am very weird with setting sprays. Our use the word weird because not that I am weird OK and maybe weird anyway it’s easy to apply it sprays on your face really good but I don’t find that it works for me I just don’t find that it works for me it is very affordable you can pick it up in most stores some online also and space.com‘s website I can get it on sale there’s always they always have a sale. I have seen a Walmart which is one of the local stores now that it’s a little more popular I would say so it can be found in all the stores but it just doesn’t work for me. Not that it is a bad thing it just does not work for me.
Kristen Melissa M.
I don't really like this setting spray . I feel like first off I've purchased more then one bc the sprayer itself doesn't work properly so I thought maybe it was just the one. Nope I was wrong . None of them spray correctly . They all spit at you !!! Even my friends and bloggers who post about it seem to find the same problem ! Thanks nozzel spits it does not spray . So how can you get the setting spray to test out if you can't even spray it properly ? It was just a waste of money :( And I love E.L.F. products so this was a major disappointment. You would think so many people say the same thing that E.L.F. would fix the issue but it's been the same since they made the product originally . Boo.
Karley P.
I’m not going to lie, I don’t wear a full face of makeup often. Reason being I feel like I would smear off all of the makeup I started the day with. That was, until I found a decent setting spray. I really wasn’t looking forward to spending all my money on MAC’s setting spray. This is a great alternative. I’m not too fond of the scent it leaves fresh after spraying but the smell goes away quickly. I would definitely recommend!
Marissa m.
washington dc
This spray is just okay. It is a good product for the price but I would prefer to spend a little more or just try other products. Most times it sprays out large amounts of the product and I end up with little droplets on my face. To solve this I would dap a beauty sponge over the noticeable drops and just fan over my face for it to dry. I never really choose this product out of my setting sprays. I notice that it does hold my makeup but not that longer as strong as other sprays. I am actually trying to use it this summer so I can add try more out, and add some more to my collection this fall. I would not recommend this and maybe suggest other drugstore brands.
Ren E.
I don't use it to set my makeup, since it doesn't really do much to prolong my makeup, but it does a really good job to keep my skin looking hydrated. Also, when I just want to go more natural, I spritz this on and use a little highlight and it really makes my highlight popping. Only cons I have for this is that it doesn't keep my makeup in place and it does not evenly spray my face. There are places where it just leaves a patch of wet and a part dry. When I try to spray it evenly all around, it would sometimes stick in one area and start dripping down my face.
Nada T.
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SETTING MIST. I have to say that I love using this spray. As a CNA student, we wear white scrubs and I am always worried that my makeup will run and end up on my white uniform. With this setting spray, my makeup stays on my face and off of my uniform. The only reason I do not give it a 5 star rating is because I feel this bottle should be bigger than what they sell it for. It is a phenomenal price though for what you get. Great product over all. UPDATE, I still want to keep this at a 4 star rating because of the unbeatable price. However, after using this for weeks, now I see that when you are sweating heavily, your makeup will run off. So if you just had a workout or if your job is demanding and leaves you sweating chances are your makeup will run off. I advise you use this bottle in several layers of setting. But I feel if this was a more powerful formula, it would be perfect.
Tina M.
This is a good setting spray for the price. I got it for $3 or $4. It comes in a cute little bottle with a nozzle spray, it’s great for travel because of how small it is. It definitely gets the job done. It’s not amazing, but it does set your makeup. I think it helps with lasting all day, it works for me at least. You can also use it to really enhance eyeshadows or highlighters by spray the brush first before dipping into the product and applying. However, I’m not too crazy about the smell of it, that should be changed and update into a more appealing scent. But besides that, it is a good buy especially for the price.
Dana B.
Louisville, KY
I heard rave reviews about this so I thought I would give it a try as a more economical setting spray. It's not the best if you're wanting to save money and still get a good setting spray wet and wild is much better than else. I am not going to be using this one it's one that I literally gave away to a friend's younger daughter. I just feel like elf does so many other things better I don't understand why this is such a subpar spray. I know they tried to do an economical high-quality product but they missed the mark on this one.
Tara K.
Athens, MI
I need a setting spray that will last all day at school and isn't expensive, would this one to the trick?
Tori H.
Coraopolis, PA
Does anyone else use elf products? I love them and just recently got invested and wanted suggestions on what was good to buy.
Mindy N.
Overland Park, KS
I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?
Delilah S.
Highland , CA
Looking for a setting spray but on a budget, has anyone tried this and recommend it? I have combination skin with large pores
Delisse T.
Can you use it without makeup?

back