BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #5 in Face Mists

The ultimate must-have, the Makeup Mist & Set Spray is designed to hold your face and eye makeup in place all day and to revitalize makeup color with just a few sprays. The formula contains aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E to soothe and hydrate the skin. Spray on your brush or sponge prior to makeup application for extended hold and vibrant color.

HOW TO USE

• Hold the bottle at arm’s length and spray a light layer of mist over your makeup with eyes closed.
  • Let the formula dry naturally or blot with a tissue to help speed dry.

Beauty Tip: Prior to application of products on your sponge or brush, spray your tool with the Makeup Mist & Set for extended product staying powder and more vibrant color. Your highlighters, foundation and powders will never be the same!

Water (Aqua), Amp-acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va) Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc), Green Tea Extract,Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, Methylparaben,Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

• I love the price point of this - but does it work? I currently us...4 Answers
  • I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?14 Answers
  • What’s finish of this setting spray? Dewy or satin like? e.l.f....2 Answers
e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist
  • "This setting spray leaves my face with a dewy finish, however I did not see much effect to lasting power of my make-up. " in 17 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a legitimate makeup setting spray, I recommend Ben Nye's Final Seal -or Urban Decay ( though compare UD sprays closely, all formulas are designed to achieve different finishes/things)! " in 12 reviews
  • "Not only does it make your makeup last longer, but it gives you a nice "dewy" complexion and can prevent the "caked on" look that sometimes happens." in 7 reviews
  • "It keeps my makeup pretty good for a while, but as soon as I've been exposed to the heat outside, I think my face looks worse than what I look like without the product." in 7 reviews
  • "I am not too sure if it helps my makeup stay on for a lot longer than usual, but for $3 it is a good product. " in 5 reviews
Alexandra W.
I bought this makeup Mist Setting Spray online from ELF’s website, so I was surprised when I received my order at how small the bottle is in person! It is a low price, but I do not feel like it’s a great product or saves you money because it does not perform well at all as a setting spray, has a weird almost citrus-like smell, and the spray nozzle sprays too much product at a time and ends up being too concentrated on a specific spot on your face- it is definitely not a fine mist! I would not recommend this to anybody looking for an all-over full face setting spray; however, it does seem to work if you want to use it to intensify pigments in Eyeshadow, blush, highlighter, etc if you spray it on the brush before dipping into a powder. I would say it works more like the Mac Fix+ Spray (mainly for wetting brushes or “refreshing” makeup) than something like the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. It is cheap enough that it is worth keeping just for this specific use, otherwise I would return it if I wanted a true setting spray. Other reviews mention similar things and suggest other drugstore setting sprays that I agree with (the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray is not too expensive and does work to prolong makeup wear, but it also has a concentrated “aggressive” type of sprayer very similar to this one, so be sure to spray it far away from your face).
Montana O.
Mooresville , NC
This was my first makeup setting spray that I purchased when I first really got hard into makeup. It is a great setting spray from the drugstore and I believe it’s only $3.00 which is a great price for anyone. It does set your makeup down but I find with this particular one I do have to reapply throughout the day if it’s warm. I do still use this but i don’t really use as a setting spray much anymore. I like to spray it onto my eyeshadow brushes to make my shimmer or glitter shadows pop. I also spray it onto my beauty blender to dampen it a little if I don’t have access to wet it. I sometimes like to spray onto my face after foundation and powder and before my powder highlighter to make it really pop and glow. I do recommend this to anyone that is just starting out with makeup and wants an inexpensive setting spray to start out with. Elf does have great products even for someone that has been into makeup for a long time. Great product and brand.
Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
I purchased this product wanting a cheap setting spray that gets the job done. It was the first setting spray I purchased, and I found that it served its purpose. I don't think it's one of the best setting sprays at the drugstore, though. The spray nozzle is not that great, as it does not spray fine enough for my tastes. I would see water droplets of the product on my face after spraying it, and so you kind of have to spray from far away. It also seemed a little bit sticky even after it dried down, and I don't think it extended the wear of my makeup enough to make it noticeable. I still used up the bottle, and it didn't have a terrible scent or make me into an oil slick. Not a terrible product, but I wouldn't repurchase.
Rae L.
I don't use it to set my makeup, since it doesn't really do much to prolong my makeup, but it does a really good job to keep my skin looking hydrated. Also, when I just want to go more natural, I spritz this on and use a little highlight and it really makes my highlight popping. Only cons I have for this is that it doesn't keep my makeup in place and it does not evenly spray my face. There are places where it just leaves a patch of wet and a part dry. When I try to spray it evenly all around, it would sometimes stick in one area and start dripping down my face.
Nada T.
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SETTING MIST. I have to say that I love using this spray. As a CNA student, we wear white scrubs and I am always worried that my makeup will run and end up on my white uniform. With this setting spray, my makeup stays on my face and off of my uniform. The only reason I do not give it a 5 star rating is because I feel this bottle should be bigger than what they sell it for. It is a phenomenal price though for what you get. Great product over all. UPDATE, I still want to keep this at a 4 star rating because of the unbeatable price. However, after using this for weeks, now I see that when you are sweating heavily, your makeup will run off. So if you just had a workout or if your job is demanding and leaves you sweating chances are your makeup will run off. I advise you use this bottle in several layers of setting. But I feel if this was a more powerful formula, it would be perfect.
Jennifer W.
This is an all right option especially for the price point is extremely inexpensive. It's a good product for a beginner to try using to see if it's something they would be interested in. Definitely worth a try giving the price point it's not my absolute favorite but it's not the worst one that I've ever used. Does help to set your makeup and make your skin look better specially if you're applying multiple forms of powder products. Did not really notice it helping with the longevity of the where my makeup though.
Kathy B.
Luthersburg, PA
honestly, the thought of using setting sprays kind of makes me nervous. im scared to mess up the makeup I worked hard on, you know what i mean?!! but anyway, I decided to give it a try and i purchased this elf setting mist. it was very very cheap and I had heard a lot of good things about it so I was like why not! I will say that it did give my face that dewy glow, which a lot of people enjoy but i am not really the biggest fan of it.. but it looked alright. also, I did not think that it made my makeup last any longer like setting sprays claim to do.. maybe i will need to try the urban decay or mac sprays that I hear a lot about too.. anyway moral of the story, if you want that dewy look, this product is pretty good. but for lasting power i wouldnt say it makes a difference.
Jazmine B.
Mauston, WI
*Disclaimer: e.l.f is one of my favorite drugstore brands so this is hard for me to write*
This was one of my first "setting" sprays and yunno 14 year old me was " This is the best thing since sliced bread" But current me hates it. It doesn't really set anything its like basically spraying sugar water on your face and being fine with it, it makes your face sticky and not in a good way. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone only for the fact it doesn't do it's job.
Leslie V.
North Bend, OR
was so excited to purchase this online from e.l.f and when i got it i thiught that the bottle would be bigger. but was dissapointed but for the price of not getting bigger one. first off it really helps keep my makeup in place and reallykeep my face hydrated. also i love the citrus smell i read alot of people dont but its nice anad refreshing smell not like chemicals which i just love my husband thought it was body spray haha. it smells that good and really works great
Kendra H.
If you’re looking for a setting spray that will not only hydrate your skin but keep your makeup lasting all day this is the one for you! I really love this mist & set because it keeps my skin from drying out from all the other makeup products and really keeps it hydrated. And I’ve found that it really did make my makeup last all day long. I looooooveee it!
Tara K.
Athens, MI
I need a setting spray that will last all day at school and isn't expensive, would this one to the trick?
Tori H.
Coraopolis, PA
Does anyone else use elf products? I love them and just recently got invested and wanted suggestions on what was good to buy.
Mindy N.
Overland Park, KS
I have very dry skin. Will this dry out my face at all?
Delisse T.
Can you use it without makeup?
Delilah S.
Highland, CA
Looking for a setting spray but on a budget, has anyone tried this and recommend it? I have combination skin with large pores