3 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #27 in Blush

Create a radiant glow with this illuminating powder that highlights the skin with a sheer wash of shimmering color. Infused with Vitamin E, Jojoba, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape to nourish and hydrate the skin. The long lasting baked shimmering color can be applied wet for a vibrant effect or dry for sheer pigmentation. DIRECTIONS Using a powder brush, sweep the baked highlighter onto cheekbones, browbones, and decollete for an instant glow. Apply wet for a vibrant effect or dry for sheer pigmentation. INGREDIENTS Mica, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Paraffinum Liquidum mineral oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis Jojoba Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Rose Hip Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus Sunflower Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Tin Oxide CI 77861. Net Wt. 0.21 oz5g

• Are elf highlighters good? honest opinion please 10 Answers
  • Is this just as good as the pricier brand's? e.l.f. Studio Baked Hi...5 Answers
  • I notice the pigment is not that good. Any tips? I don't know if I ...6 Answers
Cayla C.
Cayla C.
Bryan, TX
So I initially tried scraping the top layer off (which I am now seeing other reviewers said to do) and it did help but I feel like after using it for a couple weeks it needs to be scraped again. Too much hassle for me. I bought this highlighter because it was $3 and I am just starting to use contouring and highlighting so I am trying to play around with them both as cheaply as possible. Now though, I would just go ahead and spend the extra money for a better product that will give me results that I don't have to work so hard for.

Overall, this is a good starting tool - kind of like little girl makeup that you use when you're 6 & have no idea what you're doing. But if you know beforehand what you want out of a highlighter I would not recommend this.

I received a trestique highlighter stick in my birchbox and it was much better quality with a much easier application. I think I will spend the money and purchase that next go around.
Kvetka S.
Kvetka S.
I usually love E.l.f. products, but I was pretty disappointed with this at the start. I heard from a lot of people that this product works really well, but when I first swapped this highlighter, there was hardly any pigmentation and was very sheer. However, I accidentally chipped a little piece off with the end of my brush and the inner part of the powder worked well. I ended up scraping the first layer to get the pigmentation I expected. Using a slightly damp brush helps as well. I wish I didn't have to manually scrape this product off on my own, but the color was very nice. I can't say for sure that other packaged highlighters of this product will do the same, but keep that it mind. It was very affordable, and stays on a good couple of hours. If you don't mind taking time to scrap off a layer of this affordable product, then I recommend this to you.
gabriela s.
gabriela s.
I got this a few weeks back in Moonlight Pearls and liked it so much I've since picked up Blush Gems. Before this, I found all comparably-priced highlights either didn't show up or were too glittery and pigmented to look even somewhat natural on my light, NC-20 skin. I had heard mixed reviews on this product but decided to take a chance. I am glad I did. Though it doesn't look like anything on the brush when I swirl my elf highlighting brush over it, it does work. This really gives me a noticeably glowing look while not being unnaturally pigmented or glittery, and does not emphasize any texture I have. This has now become my go-to highlighter and I wear it every time I put on any makeup.
Zakiya B.
Zakiya B.
Edgewater Prk, NJ
The elf highlighter I have is the pink diamonds shade and you know elf has great prices to begin with so I don't think I spent anymore than about 3-4 buck on this highlighter . It's soooo pretty it has a nice iridescent glow to it . You can either wear a little for a subtle glow or pack it on if your feeling daring lol . I would def recommend purchasing this highlighter!

Application tip: if you buy the Sephora luminizing drops in the shade starlight which is actually a dupe for benefits hi beam (thanks me later) . And apply some on the high points of your face before you apply the elf pink diamond highlighter. It takes the bling factor up from like a 5 to a ten !
Robin M.
Robin M.
Clinton Twp, MI
So I am not one to follow trends, the contouring of the face trend and crazy, drawn on eyebrows is driving me nuts but one thing I have personally been doing for years (since Tommy Hilfiger used to make makeup) is highlighting. I watch a ridiculous amount of makeup tutorials on YouTube and came across this little gem and had to pick it up. If you're looking for a gorgeous highlighter, look no further than elf. At a whopping $4, it is a complete steal and lasts an unbelievable amount of time. I learned to gently scrape the top before dipping your highlighter brush in. it's gorgeous and stays on all day. I have the Moonlight Pearls.
Amy T.
Amy T.
Springfield, VA
I have the shade moonlight pearls. When I first got this product, I was so confused on why there was barely any pigment to it. But then I read some reviews to scrape off the first layer and now it's so amazing for my dry, olive skin. It's a beautiful white champagne color, I love this product because it will give you a really natural glow when applied onto the cheekbones and it does not accentuate any pores you have on your cheekbones. This is such a good bargain. I don't know if this would show up on deeper skin tones but elf does offer a variety of shades.
Dayana Y.
Dayana Y.
MIAMI, FL
I was so ex irked to try these out considering the low price tag and how hyped they were for being affordable and amazing. There is absolute no pigmentation and the powder is very stiff and dry, considering all these factors I don't think that I would ever repurchase again. The shade moonlight pearls is the absolute WORST out of all the shades because with blushed gems and pink diamonds it is extremely difficult to work with but they are still useable with the lightest shade moonlight pearl there is nothing you can get out of it.
Emily L.
Emily L.
Riverside, CA
I love ELF products, but this is by far the worst product I've spent my money on in a VERY long time.

The highlighter is HARD. Barely any pigment shows up on a brush, even with fixing spray on the brush. I literally rubbed the highlighter itself on my arm repeatedly and there was just a little shimmer showing up.

I wouldn't expect this low of quality from ELF, even though it is "drugstore" brand. I would not repurchase, and it's not worth your $3. For $1, try the ELF liquid highlighter in Lilac Petal instead.
Review for: Moonlight Pearls
DO NOT BUY. It is not worth your money, time, or effort. I don't know what all these people are talking about that left good reviews. I read these before I purchased this product and it is horrible. I tried to swatch it, but you have to press so hard just to get a little bit of color and forget your fan brush picking any of the product up. It is so hard and not pigmented AT ALL. Absolutely horrible, but what do you expect from a $3 product? I will be returning this asap.
Zaire Q.
Zaire Q.
As cheap and pretty highlighters go, this one for me takes the cake. It's super shimmery and it is quite blendable. I had no problems with it being dry or not showing up (but that may also be because of my skin tone ). It's pretty buildable and it does blend out just fine. I really love using the pink diamonds shade in tangent with a soft pink/peach blush. This was my go-to highlighter during this summer, and really just helped make me look more awake and summery.
Azra K.
Azra K.
Albany, NY
Kate M.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
What's the best way to apply this?
Diana S.
Berlin
Brittany E.
Brittany E.
MORENO VALLEY, CA
Is it true that you have to scrape off the top layer before you'll get a lot of pigment?