BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #56 in Eyeshadow

This smooth gel formula glides on perfectly. Use it as a long-lasting eyeshadow or eyeliner! Enriched with Vitamin E to nourish and hydrate the delicate eye area.

How To Use

Dip A Flat Eyeliner Brush Into The Pot And Apply Along The Lash Line For Rich Eyeliner Color.
Use A Blending Eye Brush Or Your Finger And Apply To The Eyelid.

ingredients:
Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Ozokerite, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Mica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Ultramarines (Ci 77007)
Then Buff Out For A Vibrant Sweep Of Color.

• How much does this product usually run? Can it go on any ...9 Answers
  • I always experience weird patchy caking when I use the EL...2 Answers
  • So I just bought this on clearance the other night. My qu...2 Answers
e.l.f. Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow
  • "I love these smudge pots. I like when I apply them under my shadows. It really allows my eye shadow to pop. They are super creamy I will definitely purchase this product again" in 188 reviews
  • "This work awesome as eyeshadow bases! Super long lasting and they have a huge variety of colors to choose from. For the price they are awesome." in 38 reviews
Mina C.
Review for: Cruisin Chic, Ain't That Sweet more...
This was my very first ELF product I've purchased. I had seen a vlog by Kathleen Lights raving about these ELF Smudge Pots. She did an eyeshadow tutorial using them, and it was so pretty. I decided to give them a try. I got "Ain't That Sweet" & "Cruisin Chic". Both colors are beautiful, and swatched really good too. However, after many tries, I just can't seem to get the desired application. I've tried using my fingers and a brush to try to get a seamless application. The finger application gave a nicer application than the brush. When worn alone, it looks great! When try using another powder eyeshadow to build up my crease, I start to run into problems. Eyeshadow starts to patch weird, and can't get a good blend. Left with little patchy thick caked up areas on and around the eye. I've even tried setting the smudge pot eyeshadow with either translucent powder or a base eyeshadow. Doesn't make much of a difference. Which I don't understand what's happening, because I've seen people say they even use these smudge pots as their eyelid primer. So I should be able to use powder on top of it. I even tried applying my powder eyeshadow first, and pressing The smudge pot shadow on top using my finger, but didn't make a difference. The rule seems to be not to put cream makeup over powder, but can put powder over cream. So it shouldn't be cracking and caking on my eyelid or in the corner of my eye, right? The smudge pots are so pretty that I do wish I could find a way to use it as my shimmer shade and blend out with matte eyeshadow. That being said, these are so pretty when worn alone! So if you like a monochromatic eye look, then you would love these! I do recommend prepping eyelid with a primer, then after application lightly set shadow so they don't move around during the day.
(If you have any tips for applying these, please let me know in the comments. I really want to figure out what I'm doing wrong since I love the colors! Thanks!)
Tammy C.
Richmond, KY
Review for: Back to Basics, Other more...
I really like these smudge pots. They are pigmented and last all day. I was swatching Back to Basic and Cruisin’ Chic and they wouldn’t budge. I couldn’t wipe these off with a wash cloth. I had to use makeup remover. They are really good for my dry eyes. But, I would think that these could be too creamy for oily lids.
Amber W.
S Salt Lake, UT
Review for: Brownie Points more...
Four stars. This lost a point for the simple fact that it looks completely different on than in the pot. Within the packaging, Brownie Points looks like a pretty bronze color. In reality, it is a dark brown. However, this color is absolutely beautiful. It applies easily, blends well (although you must work quickly) and feels silky smooth. It's also a great base for glitter to prevent too much fall out. I will be ordering more of these, for sure! Just be aware that they are not true to color, and will look much different on than in the pot.
Lauren C.
Review for: Other more...
I have this in the shade Brownie Points and I love it. When applied it looks darker than what it is in the package. The formula is great though. For a dollar, this preforms wonderfully. Its creamy, easy to blend, and very pigmented. This is just as good as my Maybelline Tattoo cream shadow, and out-performs my Mary Kay cream shadow. A little goes a long way with this product, and you receive 5.5g.
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
Review for: Brownie Points more...
This smudge put in brownie points is pigmented and stays put! It stays put a little too well, actually, as there is very little time to blend it before it sets and I needed a makeup wipe and two cleansers to get it off. The color is beautiful -a warm brown with a lovely bronze shimmer.

I switched it three ways: as a liner, blended sheer, and full pigment. It isn't easy to get a controlled blend at half pigment, but then it is billed as a 'smudge' pot.

I think this goes on better with a brush to control exact placement, especially as it doesn't easily wipe off the finger.
Isabelle D.
Lebanon, OH
Review for: Other more...
 I use this in the shade "Brownie Points" EVERYDAY! It is such a rich chocolate color and perfect for the center of the lid.  I purchased these at my local dollar tree for 1$ and fell in love I seriously want to use this everyday until I don't wear make up anymore , which will never happen. I 100% recommend.
jackie h.
Butler, PA
Review for: Other more...
I bought this because I’ve seen Youtubers rave about them and I have always been a fan of self products because of the quality of the product you get for the price. I tried using the smudge pot and couldn’t get a great pigment on it with my fingers or a brush. I won’t be buying these again but I still love Elf products.
Savannah B.
Bridgeport, CT
Review for: Back to Basics, Ain't That Sweet more...
They are super pigmented. You have to be extremely careful in applying them because they’re a little difficult to blend out. They also dry and begin to set very quickly so blending them immediately is a must. When you perfect the timing of this eyeshadow they’re very pretty on.
Amber G.
Adrian, GA
I love this for when I’m going out, it’s really shiny. The texture is a bit thick but I think it’s suppose to be. I like it, it seems to stay on a while and not run off. I actually was in the Dollar Tree a couple of years ago and seen this product, so for $1 I tried it! Of course it isn’t there anymore but it was one of my favorite cheap eyeshadows!
Alura M.
Astoria, NY
Review for: Back to Basics, Ain't That Sweet, Other more...
The performance is different across the colors. Ain’t that sweet does not perform like the gold one. The gold one is super pigmented and holds shadows. I’m wearing back to basics today and my shadows have faded with half the day to go.
marisa r.
Would this also work as a primer
Elise G.
Las Vegas
How much does this product usually run? Can it go on any skin type?
Amber N.
Does this crease and do you use it as a primer or a cream eyeshadow. Also how is this best applied
Dana O.
Woodbridge, VA
Is this the consistency of a gel eyeliner? So if I wanted to line my eyes with it would it work?
Angel R.
I've heard many good things about this product, but does it come in different colors?