BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip
  • "this product was an impulse buy for me. i saw that my local store was clearing them out and i noticed it and decided to try it.at first i wasn't sure what to do with it. facial whip? ok... still not sure what that means but yes after opening i realised that it would be an amazing highlighter.i bought the shade lilac petal and i think it looks stunning as a cheek highlight.i personally don't use too much as i feel that it quite heavy on the face and a little goes a long way. i apply with my fingers and then dust a little extra highlight powder over the top.overall for the price i paid, it's not a bad highlight at all." in 233 reviews
Rachael E.
Shake well! When I first opened mine the product was very separated. Just shake it up a little and all is well.

As for the product by itself...I haven't really used this product alone, but rather as a mix in with my foundation. I have pretty dry skin so I feel like foundation alone makes my face look cake-y. Add in a couple drops of the facial whip and it adds a nice, non glittery natural glow to my face.

Before, I was using a rather pricey liquid highlighter to mix with my foundations until I saw this at target. It works almost as well when used as a foundation mix-in as my 40 dollar liquid highlighter...ONLY A LOT CHEAPER.
Kyra Z.
Uniontown, PA
It does give you the highlighting effect it's made to do but it has trouble drying and turns out sticky on my cheek and I wear glasses so it's right where my glasses sit and it makes my glasses feel sticky all day
Jessica B.
Mchenry, IL
I bought the pink lemonade facial whip. The product is great itself, but i can never find the lighter shade. The pink lemonade was far too dark of a pink for my light skin tone, but maybe with a more tan complexion it would be better.
Shannon A.
Have wanted to try this product for so long and was finally able to get my hand on it. It is the most amazing this I've used I don't only use it for a highlighter I use it on my eyes also. Also smells amazing.
Denise J.
Dallas, TX
I bought this awhile back when it was on sale on the elf website and have been using it for about half a year now, and in that time I've decided that its ok. By that I mean that for the price, 1 dollar (.50 cents for me on sale), it does as advertised. It gives a subtle yet noticeable shimmer, not so much as glittery but of a glow.
However, keeping in mind that this is a very inexpensive product, I've found that its not as smooth in application. The texture is a bit thicker than I would have hoped, making blending a bit difficult. I apply this after primer and moisturizer, before foundation because I like the glow it gives and also because I find that i cant blend as well when it goes over. When applied on top of my foundation is also picks up some of the color, giving me a spotty finish. I apply this by putting a small pea size on my hand and patting it onto my skin with my fingers.
Overall, its a great product for a dollar, but for a clean finish on a full makeup face I would suggest paying ab it more for a highlighter that is easily blendable.
Tina B.
Baldwinsville, NY
I honestly think this is my favorite highlighter. It looks beautiful on pale skin. I always apply a little on my beauty blender and then dab it on. I bought mine for only a dollar and was completely surprised to find it work better than my most expensive cream highlighters.
kristina k.
This cheek tint is awesome! So universal! I have used it on my cheeks, eyes and even lips! It lasts a very long day and works wonders as an eyeshadow base! It definitely helps keep your shadows pigment all day!
Aly L.
I have this in spotlight. It's okay, but I much preferred the stick highlighter that elf discontinued. :( This is more glittery and sticky/hard to blend than the all over color stick.
Audrey G.
This product is not my favorite. Although the color is gorgeous and very blinding, it is very sticky and almost impossible to blend. There also isn't a ton of product and the packaging causes you to waste a lot
Laura W.
This is a great highlighter for a no-makeup makeup look! It gives a great "glow from within" look without being overbearing. It's pretty log lasting with primer and setting spray as well. I will be buying again.
Brittany M.
What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL
What's the best way to apply this product?
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty good for just a 1$
Darcy R.
Ft Washington, MD
Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.