BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip
  • "this product was an impulse buy for me. i saw that my local store was clearing them out and i noticed it and decided to try it.at first i wasn't sure what to do with it. facial whip? ok... still not sure what that means but yes after opening i realised that it would be an amazing highlighter.i bought the shade lilac petal and i think it looks stunning as a cheek highlight.i personally don't use too much as i feel that it quite heavy on the face and a little goes a long way. i apply with my fingers and then dust a little extra highlight powder over the top.overall for the price i paid, it's not a bad highlight at all." in 233 reviews
carissa e.
Elf is the brand that has good affordable makeup but also has some hit and l=misses i tried this one from elf and ti wasn't hat pigmented c when i first put it on it was very sheer looking which i do not like when it blended with the rest of my makeup it dissappeard. aNd HONEY I LOVE MY GLOW.
crystal h.
When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.
Emily L.
Alamo, TX
Elf Shimmering facial whip is a good product to use. It's really pigmented i enjoy using it. It's some what long lasting. It's really easy to apply/blend if you say. I highly recommend this product to others
Tessa A.
Denver
Haven't tried this but I wouldn't mind trying it . Elf is always a good product. Hopefully lits doesn't have a build residue.
Bárbara C.
VE-1088181 Miami, FL
Cris V.
San Marcos
This shimmering facial wipe is AWESOME! I actually use it on my highlighting area right after I prime my face and then add concealer. I have also, used it as a base for adding more highlights over it
Jessica A.
This is really a pretty highlighter. I personally prefer pressed powders but I use this on my inner eyes and cupids bow.
jessica c.
Evansville, IN
I actually like this better than most powders. It smooths out nicely and blends with my other products. Not too shiny.
Makalia L.
Newport News, VA
This isn't my absolute favorite product however it does do a good job with dry or combo skin. It has a shimmery finish which I like! It is more of a peachy pink color depending. I would probably buy it again!
Rouss G.
Tiene un hermoso brillo,para quiénes nos gusta lucir radiantes y con un toque de luz en todas partes que vayas.
Brittany M.
What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL
What's the best way to apply this product?
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty good for just a 1$
Darcy R.
Ft Washington, MD
Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.