BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

Alicia R.
waited FOREVER for this to be available in stores, but once i finally found it i was really disappointed. i wanted to be able to use this as a highlight, but it does not blend well at all. it leaves a very sharp, visible line wherever you first apply it, no matter how quickly you start blending, and it takes a LOT of blending to make that harsh line go away. by the time you've got it looking right, half the prodcut has rubbed off so you have to repeat the whole process again. that said, once you do manage to blend it, it looks nice. you really cannot beat the price. plus, the packaging is kind of cute and i love the tiny tube opening that lets you squeeze out a precise amount of product. i would not purchase this again, but you can certainly make do with this highlight if you're not willing/able to pay more. i would also recommend trying this as eyeshadow, since you can pack it on pretty well and the shimmer gives a lot of depth.
Shamira N.
Cheektowaga, NY
I remember first buying this in my college's bookstore. The instructions on it are vague, so it is thought you can put this on any part of your face, and have decided to use it on my cheeks. Since it is a squeeze bottle, one must be careful and squeeze softly so the desired amount comes out. The facial whip has a lot of pigmentation, which helps stand out against the skin.

I have used it as a highlight, and using a pea amount does the trick for each cheek. The pigments give me a dewy glow, and since I have warm undertones in my skin, the pink pigments complement it. I have used also on my brow bone and nose bridge, which draws attention to these futures. Overall, it makes me look healthier and gives me a better glow than what other blushes have given me.

If you have more darker skin, I would be very careful using this. A friend of mine who has darker skin than I had told me that this facial whip does not complement her skin, and stands out too much. Also when applying it, dab it with your fingers rather than a brush since I find that it applies better when it is a little warmed up.
Rebecca B.
Gibson, NC
Great Affordable Shimmer
I have fair skin and use both the spotlight and the lilac petal. You do need to shake the tube up and give it a couple of gentle squeezes while the lid is on (otherwise will be watery), but it's not a big deal. This is a great affordable highlighter comparable to my pricey Nars highlighter from Sephora. It can be a tad unblendable as it is a little thick and sticky, but once you get the hang of it, it looks really nice and subtle. Not too glittery - definitely a shimmer. This is a very very small package, so if you're someone that likes to mix this in with your foundation, I would buy three at a time.

I recommend it! You can't beat the price.
Maheen J.
ESSENTIAL for your makeup collection. Adds so much dimension to any makeup look. Has a pinkish champagne undertone that brightens and adds concentrated highlight!
Patience M.
Love this stuff! Tiny tube of unicorn shimmer!! Love it !! It is so smooth and shimmery. Only con is sometimes liquid just comes out instead of the whip shimmer.
Megan H.
I am so upset that e.l.f. stopped selling this online! It is amazing, I was seriously about to buy every single color 4 times for Christmas gifts for all my friends! It is very pigmented and looks perfect on its own or even as a base with a highlighter on top. I also use it in the inner corner of my eye as well. If you ever see this product on other sites or in stores, PICK IT UP RIGHT AWAY! IT'S ONLY $1! And even if you don't like it, who care!? It's $1 so how can you go wrong. I never tried this, but I think it would look beautiful even if it is mixed in with your foundation
Alyssa B.
I love the elf shimmering facial whip!! I was worried that this product would be too sticky, but I really didn't have that problem with it at all. The pigmentation on this highlighter is amazing! Going along with that, a little of this really goes a long way. You really don't need to use much at all to get a pretty and healthy looking highlight! It also is a very natural highlight which is nice. I'm not sure how the other shades are because I only have tried one - but I love the pink lemonade color. You also can't beat the price of this! It is so worth it :)!
Maegan G.
Houma, LA
If you're a fan of liquid illuminators or even just a blinding highlight, this product is a must buy. For only $1 you could shine bright like a diamond and be seen from Pluto. This product has a bad rep because a lot of people don't know how to use it. Well here are a few ways to getcha glow on: Add a drop or two in your foundation for a dewy finish, or apply before for a glow from within, use as an creme eyeshadow base, turn any lipstick into a metallic lip creme, or for it's intended purpose, dab lightly on cheekbones for a beaming highlight. ALL FOR ONE BUCK! And come in multiple color options, yaaaay!
Diane V.
Park City, IL
I LOVE this shimmer. It's meant to be very shimmery. It has a really nice smell to it, almost like a grapefruity/citrusy smell, but it goes away after a while. It appears golden in the little squeeze tube it comes in, but it's really a very light, pearly pink with silvery shimmer in it. You can build it up to make it a BLINDING highlight, or leave it be as a subtle sparkle on your face. I suggest using a beauty blender to apply it or a silicone sponge is best so the product doesn't get sucked in.
Alex C.
This is a really good item to pick up if you want a super intense liquid highlight for really cheap. Elf has a pretty good range of colors within their facial whips and I'm pretty sure they even have a dupe for Becca's pearl shimmering skin perfector! Lilac Petal in particular is a pale pinky highlight, so if you don't like cool toned highlights you won't like this one... I might pass on this if you don't like intense highlights because HOT DOG this is more intense than an episode of Gossip Girl. You only need the smallest amount. Can be sticky, but isn't terrible... Has a slight scent but nothing too dramatic. Product may separate at first or if not use on a regular basis but when you squeeze it out just mix the separated products together and it should work fine. I would recommend!
Brittany M.
What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL
What's the best way to apply this product?
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty good for just a 1$
Darcy R.
Ft Washington, MD
Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.