BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip
  • "this product was an impulse buy for me. i saw that my local store was clearing them out and i noticed it and decided to try it.at first i wasn't sure what to do with it. facial whip? ok... still not sure what that means but yes after opening i realised that it would be an amazing highlighter.i bought the shade lilac petal and i think it looks stunning as a cheek highlight.i personally don't use too much as i feel that it quite heavy on the face and a little goes a long way. i apply with my fingers and then dust a little extra highlight powder over the top.overall for the price i paid, it's not a bad highlight at all." in 233 reviews
Alexis A.
Champaign, IL
For $3 this product works okay as a highlighter. I actually bought this once because I forgot my go to product at home when I went on vacation and didn't want to spend a lot of money for a replacement. This product is kind of sticky and does fade away after a bit, but it does have a beautiful shimmer. I would suggest adding a bit to your foundation or BB cream for a beautiful glow on the face rather than as a highlighter.
Molly S.
Lincoln, NE
I love the ELF line for the price, the quality is amazing for what you pay. The shimmering facial whip was a bit TOO shimmery for me, and I am someone who loves highlighters. It is easy to apply, and blends well. I found that mixing it with foundation or a basic moisturizer toned down the shimmer and gave a glowing effect.
Haley P.
Millen, GA
I am not a fan. it is too thick, and dries very quicy. making it extremely hard to blend. I had high hopes for this to replace some of my more high end hilighters. the color is there, as well as the pigment. maybe adding oils to it would help it would be worth trying being as this product is so cheap.
Carrie H.
ROSCOE, IL
I had gotten this in a Play Beautifully box (Elf's bi-monthly subscription beauty box), but there were no instructions on how to use it or even what it was.. I seriously had NO IDEA what this product was and had to look it up. Apparently it's used as a highlighter.. It is a very pretty color but it seems kinda sticky. I haven't even used it yet, so I can't comment on that. I gotta admit that I was immediately turned off from it just because of the lack of info. How can a company send a product out with absolutely NO information about it?!
Maridania C.
This illuminator is quite nice and the brightness is fine sutily nothing exaggerated, this can be achieved in all stores, but I buy it online in a store where everything is at 1 dollar called: Shop Miss A I've even used it on the eyelids to recreate an awake look for those days that we have our eyes a little tired.
María P.
LOVE IT. The liquid highlighter comes in a pump bottle – love the square shape, the translucent cap and the look of the bottle. The cap and pump are the signature deep blue of Chambor packaging with the Chambor rose inscribed on the top of the cap. The pump has a great mechanism – you can control how much or how little you want to dispense out.
Sajira G.
it works very well with all different type of skin tones, but you have to blend it in well for the darker skin tones because the base of the highlighter is white. Overall, it gives a popping glow and a kick to your look. You have to shake it well before use unless the shimmering whip starts to split.
Michaela W.
Parrish, FL
I adore this highlighter, it can be used for all occasions. I like to use a little bit on my cheeks during the day and add moreso when I go out at night. It is very easy to apply and has a shimmery finish. Also a lot goes a long way and it lasts a very long time. I would recommend this to my friends.
Michaela B.
Whitewater, WI
so i don't really know how to use this but when i do i get a lot of compliments! I love how easy it blends in with everything. It would have gotten 5 stars but its a bit sheer. But then again its also really cheap. I have to hide this from ,y little sister because she loves it so much she uses it a;; up
Julie R.
Blue Springs, MO
Love this product!!!!!! I have extremely sensitive skin and eczema. I don't have any skin issues when using this product. It's a very small tube, but a little goes a long way. I like to use this to add a little color to my cheeks and eyes when I don't feel like doing a whole make up routine. It makes a great highlighter as well. I love that it's only a dollar. For that price, who can pass up trying this product?
Brittany M.
What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL
What's the best way to apply this product?
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty good for just a 1$
Darcy R.
Ft Washington, MD
Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.