Add a Photo

#11 in Highlighter

Photos (75)
crystal h.
crystal h.

When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.
lexi r.
lexi r.

Emily C.
Emily C.

Neelima P.
Neelima P.

LOVE IT. The liquid highlighter comes in a pump bottle – love the square shape, the translucent cap and the look of the bottle. The cap and pump are the signature deep blue of Chambor packaging with the Chambor rose inscribed on the top of the cap. The pump has a great mechanism – you can control how much or how little you want to dispense out. The texture of the highlighter is like a lotion – its neither too thick nor too runny. It spreads and blends without any issues and gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. The shimmer particles are very refined and even, you needn’t worry about the highlighter looking too obvious on the skin. While you can use this alone on the high points of the face like the cheekbones, brow bone, down the bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow, I prefer mixing this in my liquid foundation to get a beautiful dewy glow to the face. It makes the skin glow beautifully, there is no obvious looking shimmer on the face and it just gives the look of healthy, plump, luscious looking skin!The formula isn’t greasy on the skin and has a light pleasant scent. It actually stays on very well, the glow doesn’t disappear from the skin in a few hours. The color is a light champagne meets gold shade that is warm enough to work well with the Indian skin yet not too warm. Overall, LOVE this product and would highly recommend this to those looking for a refined highlighter.
Briana S.

Melina F.
Melina F.

Meri S.
Meri S.

L liquid highlighter comes in a pump bottle - love square shape, translucent cap and bottle look. The cap and the pump are the firm Chambord packaging signature blue with the Chambor rose inscribed on the lid top. The pump has a great mechanism - you can control how much or how little you want to dispense. The texture of the marker is like a lotion - its neither too thick nor too runny. It spreads and blends without any problems and gives a beautiful glow to the skin. The reflex particles are very refined and even, you do not need to worry about the highlighter that seems too obvious on the skin. While you can use this only on the highest points of the face such as cheekbones, forehead bone, bridge nose and cupid bow, I prefer to mix this in my liquid base to get a beautiful glow of Dew on the face. This makes the skin shine beautifully, there is no obvious reflection on the face and only gives the appearance of healthy, plump, lustful skin! The formula is not fat on the skin and has a light and pleasant odor. In fact it stays very well, the glow does not disappear from the skin in a few hours. The color is a light champagne found shade of gold that is warm enough to work well with Indian skin but not too hot. Overall, I love this product and would highly recommend it to those looking for a refined highlight.
Annika A.
Annika A.
Tallinn

Andreina z.
Andreina z.
miami

have this in Persimmon, which I actually got as a free gift a while back and I'm just getting around to using now. Based on the other reviews, it seems most people use this Shimmering Facial Whip as a highlighter, but I definitely need to use this shade as a blush (that happens to have a built-in highlighter). It took a little work to get the hang of applying this stuff, but I actually really like it now. The color is a warm, peachy bright pink with a generous but not overpowering shimmer that shines through the ELF HD powder I use to set it.

The formula itself is a super-pigmented liquid so one tiny drop is enough to cover an entire cheek. It dries quickly so you need to blend with urgency, but once you get the hang of it, the color payoff is amazing. Plus, it lasts all day on my oily skin where most other blushes wear off after a few hours. This product may have converted me from powder to cream blush for good. The reason I wouldn't re-buy this is because I can't - this shade is discontinued - and I'm not in the market for any new highlighters right now.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.

What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
Aracelia R.
Aracelia R.
Los Angeles, CA

Pretty good for just a 1$
Kirsten B.
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL

What's the best way to apply this product?
Darcy P.
Darcy P.
Ft Washington, MD

Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.