4 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #60 in Highlighter

Buy on e.l.f. ...*
crystal h.
crystal h.
When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.
Neelima P.
Neelima P.
LOVE IT. The liquid highlighter comes in a pump bottle – love the square shape, the translucent cap and the look of the bottle. The cap and pump are the signature deep blue of Chambor packaging with the Chambor rose inscribed on the top of the cap. The pump has a great mechanism – you can control how much or how little you want to dispense out. The texture of the highlighter is like a lotion – its neither too thick nor too runny. It spreads and blends without any issues and gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. The shimmer particles are very refined and even, you needn’t worry about the highlighter looking too obvious on the skin. While you can use this alone on the high points of the face like the cheekbones, brow bone, down the bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow, I prefer mixing this in my liquid foundation to get a beautiful dewy glow to the face. It makes the skin glow beautifully, there is no obvious looking shimmer on the face and it just gives the look of healthy, plump, luscious looking skin!The formula isn’t greasy on the skin and has a light pleasant scent. It actually stays on very well, the glow doesn’t disappear from the skin in a few hours. The color is a light champagne meets gold shade that is warm enough to work well with the Indian skin yet not too warm. Overall, LOVE this product and would highly recommend this to those looking for a refined highlighter.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
I bought this awhile back when it was on sale on the elf website and have been using it for about half a year now, and in that time I've decided that its ok. By that I mean that for the price, 1 dollar (.50 cents for me on sale), it does as advertised. It gives a subtle yet noticeable shimmer, not so much as glittery but of a glow.
However, keeping in mind that this is a very inexpensive product, I've found that its not as smooth in application. The texture is a bit thicker than I would have hoped, making blending a bit difficult. I apply this after primer and moisturizer, before foundation because I like the glow it gives and also because I find that i cant blend as well when it goes over. When applied on top of my foundation is also picks up some of the color, giving me a spotty finish. I apply this by putting a small pea size on my hand and patting it onto my skin with my fingers.
Overall, its a great product for a dollar, but for a clean finish on a full makeup face I would suggest paying ab it more for a highlighter that is easily blendable.
Elaina M.
Elaina M.
Review for: Lilac Petal
This is a really good item to pick up if you want a super intense liquid highlight for really cheap. Elf has a pretty good range of colors within their facial whips and I'm pretty sure they even have a dupe for Becca's pearl shimmering skin perfector! Lilac Petal in particular is a pale pinky highlight, so if you don't like cool toned highlights you won't like this one... I might pass on this if you don't like intense highlights because HOT DOG this is more intense than an episode of Gossip Girl. You only need the smallest amount. Can be sticky, but isn't terrible... Has a slight scent but nothing too dramatic. Product may separate at first or if not use on a regular basis but when you squeeze it out just mix the separated products together and it should work fine. I would recommend!
LEAR17497 Isabella P.
LEAR17497 Isabella P.
Miami, Florida
Beauty Junkie Expert
It my first sort of highlighter. Purchased this shade and hoped that it won't be too pinky. It was. I am light-medium with yellow undertone. I apply it on my cheekbones, brow bone, chin and cupids bow and it looks the best on cheekbones, everywhere else it is too pink and unnatural as if I applied glittery blush. Shimmer is very nice. Application is a bit complicated since you need to apply only a small amount of it and blend VERY well, otherwise it will leave a "milky way" on your face. I apply it with my fingertips or small contour brush and blend with fingers or sponge. A little tip: don't use ANY or use little shimmery products if your skin is textured (i.e small pimples and blemishes) cause it will like more uneven with shimmer.
Diane
Diane
Hawthorne, CA
Review for: Golden Peach
This is the perfect highlight for anyone just getting started on makeup, on a budget, or just for anyone really! I started off with these and lilac petal was/is my favorite. It has a great reflective sheen with a rosy pink tone. It looks great on my medium skin tone when used in moderation. Seriously, a little dot of this goes a long way. I find it applies best when I use my fingers. It doesn't leave any obvious glitter, instead I get a nice, fresh sheen finish. I also like using this as a base for my powder highlighters when strobing. It's AMAZING and only $1! I agree with other reviewers that water separates from the product, but this only happened to me after a months of owning it. Overall, I would recommend to anyone :)
Reana O.
Reana O.
Review for: Golden Peach
At first I didn't like this product. It was my first time using a shimmery product. I thought it was too sparkly and metallic and unnatural in my face. I stopped using it for a while but recently I got it out again and started to use it. I love it. I use in as a highlight in my cheekbones and in the inner corners of my eyes. It actually doesn't have a super sparkly look. It has the right amount of shimmer and it look metallic at first but as you blend, which it is easy to blend, it just looks so good. It looks natural. And it's so affordable and they're are so many shades for your skin color. I wear it almost every day now and I'm loving it. I would recommend this product for everyone.
Gloria V.
Gloria V.
Williamstown, NJ
Review for: Lilac Petal
I've been using this product for a while now so I had to write a review!
Lilac petal is def my fav liquidy highlight from the drugstore. And for $1 you can't beat it! The product is very build-able and if you like a pinkish/champagne color highlight- I'm sure you'll really like it! The only con I can think of is that it is a little tacky but the best way to apply it is with your fingers, so it's not that bad! (Plus you get better color pay off when you apply it with your fingers.) Also it's best to apply in a dabbing motion. And I know some people are picky with smells and this particular one has a nice normal scent to it. This one and spot light are def my fav!
Nichole Z.
Nichole Z.
Review for: Golden Peach
This product was an absolute SHOCK to me. It compares with so many high end highlighters from Sephora and Ulta, only it only costs ONE dollar, I repeat ONE dollar. It is a cream highlighter that can be applied on lips, on eyes, or as a highlighter on cheek bones. And let me tell you, it looks good in all places. I have had people stop me and ask where I got this highlighter and almost didn't believe me when I told them what it was and how affordable it is. I picked it up at Target when I saw a youtube blogger mention it being their favorite from the drug store, and I since have gone back and picked it up in every single shade. DEFINITELY recommend.
Besa B.
Besa B.
The absolute best highlighter/illuminator of all time! Hands down. I use this all the time. ALL THE TIME! i cannot stress how wonderful this highlighter is. Its better than most high end highlighters i have tried. The color pay off is great, the texture is great, the application is easy. It works well if blended into foundation or just moisturizer. Sometimes i mix it with my moisturizer and it gives me a nice natural highlighted look. My favorite elf product, and my favorite illuminator of all! Its so great for the price. You must buy this, I promise you will not be disappointed. It has a creamy to a powder finish. Long lasting. THE BEST!
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
. ..
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty good for just a 1$
Kirsten B.
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL
What's the best way to apply this product?
Darcy P.
Darcy P.
Ft Washington, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.