Add a Photo

#14 in Highlighter

Photos (49)
lexi r.
lexi r.

When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.
Emily C.
Emily C.

Briana S.
Briana S.
North Richland Hills, TX

The liquid highlighter comes in a pump bottle – love the square shape, the translucent cap and the look of the bottle. The cap and pump are the signature deep blue of Chambor packaging with the Chambor rose inscribed on the top of the cap. The pump has a great mechanism – you can control how much or how little you want to dispense out. The texture of the highlighter is like a lotion – its neither too thick nor too runny. It spreads and blends without any issues and gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. The shimmer particles are very refined and even, you needn’t worry about the highlighter looking too obvious on the skin. While you can use this alone on the high points of the face like the cheekbones, brow bone, down the bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow, I prefer mixing this in my liquid foundation to get a beautiful dewy glow to the face. It makes the skin glow beautifully, there is no obvious looking shimmer on the face and it just gives the look of healthy, plump, luscious looking skin!The formula isn’t greasy on the skin and has a light pleasant scent. It actually stays on very well, the glow doesn’t disappear from the skin in a few hours. The color is a light champagne meets gold shade that is warm enough to work well with the Indian skin yet not too warm. Overall, LOVE this product and would highly recommend this to those looking for a refined highlighter.
María M.
María M.

Melina F.
Melina F.

Andreina z.
Andreina z.
miami

have this in Persimmon, which I actually got as a free gift a while back and I'm just getting around to using now. Based on the other reviews, it seems most people use this Shimmering Facial Whip as a highlighter, but I definitely need to use this shade as a blush (that happens to have a built-in highlighter). It took a little work to get the hang of applying this stuff, but I actually really like it now. The color is a warm, peachy bright pink with a generous but not overpowering shimmer that shines through the ELF HD powder I use to set it.

The formula itself is a super-pigmented liquid so one tiny drop is enough to cover an entire cheek. It dries quickly so you need to blend with urgency, but once you get the hang of it, the color payoff is amazing. Plus, it lasts all day on my oily skin where most other blushes wear off after a few hours. This product may have converted me from powder to cream blush for good. The reason I wouldn't re-buy this is because I can't - this shade is discontinued - and I'm not in the market for any new highlighters right now.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
miami, florida

I bought this awhile back when it was on sale on the elf website and have been using it for about half a year now, and in that time I've decided that its ok. By that I mean that for the price, 1 dollar (.50 cents for me on sale), it does as advertised. It gives a subtle yet noticeable shimmer, not so much as glittery but of a glow.
However, keeping in mind that this is a very inexpensive product, I've found that its not as smooth in application. The texture is a bit thicker than I would have hoped, making blending a bit difficult. I apply this after primer and moisturizer, before foundation because I like the glow it gives and also because I find that i cant blend as well when it goes over. When applied on top of my foundation is also picks up some of the color, giving me a spotty finish. I apply this by putting a small pea size on my hand and patting it onto my skin with my fingers.
Overall, its a great product for a dollar, but for a clean finish on a full makeup face I would suggest paying ab it more for a highlighter that is easily blendable.
Denise J.
Denise J.
Dallas, TX

Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I've seen this on e.l.f.'s website for years but I've always been hesitant to buy it because it is super cheap (one of their cheapest products) so I didn't think it was going to be good at all. During their most recent 50% off sale I finally bought one in the white shade, Spotlight. For 50 cents, I thought why the heck not. Don't expect a lot of product for the price, as the tube is extremely tiny, but I think a little of it goes a long way. I swatched it on my hand first and I was very surprised. I expected it to be chunky or glittery, but it swatched very smoothly and I don't detect any glitter at all. It appeared to be very pigmented right out of the tube but it seemed to lose some of that pigment as it dried down, but still looked decent. I plan on using this as a base first for my highlighter then brushing some powder highlighter on top. If you're looking for a super duper cheap highlight, or are new to highlighters in general, this is definitely a good option to try!
Jeenalyn D.
Jeenalyn D.
Kissimmee, FL

It's a beautiful and more natural highlight. I have this in product in Spotlight (the white one), Lilac Petal (more peachy looking one in the package), and Pink Lemonade (the pink one). Lilac Petal is the one I prefer the most because it's the one that lost the most natural out of the three that I have. When I was first swatching the product on the back of my hand, it is quite pigmented. However, it blends out very easily to a sheer shimmer. The Spotlight one isn't as natural as the Lilac Petal because it has a white sheen to it. It is more of a very obvious highlight. Pink Lemonade blends out nicely as well, however, similar to the Spotlight, Pink Lemonade has a slight pink tint to it. You can sheer it out where it is possible to use it as a highlight, however, it is would still be easy to use it as a blush. The formula is not sticky at all. There is a slight citrusy smell to the product. However, it does fade away after it dries on your skin.
Kirsten B.
Kirsten B.
St Augustine, FL

What's the best way to apply this product?
Brittany M.
Brittany M.

What's the best way to apply this product? Before or after foundation?
Darcy P.
Darcy P.
Ft Washington, MD

Does this product work well on sensitive skin?
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Bogart, GA

Whitney G.
Whitney G.

Does it leave your skin sticky feeling?

Join Now