BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #4 in Eye Primer

This lightweight formula quickly absorbs into skin and preps eyeshadow keeping it from creasing. Use it for a more vibrant and long lasting eye look with every use.

HOW TO USE

Squeeze a small amount of the eyelid primer onto your finger.

Gently pat it over the eyelid.

Wait for the formula to dry before applying eyeshadow.

Isododecane, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Propylene Carbonate, Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Quartz, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)

• Do you apply primer EVERY time you do your eyeshadow? 10 Answers
  • What would your eyeshadow look like if you don't use prim...4 Answers
  • how many VoxBoxes have yall got ? Unfortunately i havent ...7 Answers
e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
  • "I love it but there is a one dollar option too and that works well too! But this is three dollars and isn't greasy! Love it i wish they had more colors! They have sheer and Blush! However the one dollar comes in sheer, golden, pearl and champagne." in 1084 reviews
  • "I use urban decay and elf and honestly there doesn't seem to be too much of a distinct difference.. the price is wonderful " in 1050 reviews
  • "& works great my eyeshadow lasts when I use this product and I always buy it because it's so very affordable and i use it almost every day." in 254 reviews
  • "I have extremely oily eyelids and this primer didn't quite do the job for me, however I use this primer on my clients and it works like a charm." in 198 reviews
  • "I think it's a great primer, its not as smooth and soft like other primers I've tried but for the price, you can't go wrong with buying it" in 171 reviews
Brianna R.
This primer, when I first purchased it, was only $1 and was compared a lot to the Urban Decay Primer Potion (the one with the wand). Now, I do believe it is $2, which is rather a shame, because I liked the thought of it a lot better when it was half the price. But, despite that, it's still an amazing price for a rather good product. What's nice about this particular product is that it neutralizes your skin tone on your eye and conceals visible veins and dark spots to really make a nice base. It makes eyeshadows look ten times better on any skin tone. What's also nice about this primer is that it comes in a white color, as well, which I'm sure can be compared to NYX's Jumbo Eye Crayon in Milk.

Even though this primer is only $1-2, it really is worth the price. It could be $5 and still worth the price. I actually loved it more than I loved my Urban Decay Primer Potion, which I received for free with a purchase of their Naked palette. That was way too liquid-y for me to actually enjoy, and it just ended up going to waste, because I never used it. This product is more like a bit creamier mousse. You can just plop a little dot onto your eyelid and blend the whole thing out all over, up to your brow bone, so a little goes a long ways. And it really does last all day long. I have severely oily eyelids. I can feel them oiling up right now as I type! But this primer fights through that and really does work well.

The reason I'm giving this a four out of five stars is because you don't get THAT much product. While you get a pretty good amount of product for some pocket change, it's still not really enough. They give you a tube of it, but the tube is definitely not filled as much as it could be. You have to scrape the sides of the tube in order to really get your money's worth of product.

Other than that, this product is a dream come true and I highly recommend that everyone should try it. Especially if you're interested in the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Again, I really did love this a lot more than that.
Sara G.
HAWTHORNE, CA
It's doing the job. It makes my eyelids look more natural looking and less sleepy. I use it very often. Love it.
Jamie D.
Pleasant Pr, WI
This is the best primer for it's value!  At only one or two dollars depending on where you buy it, it's great.  It does it's job and my eyeshadow lasts all day without creasing.  Such a great value.  Why buy primer for 20+ bucks at a high end makeup store when you can get the same thing for only a couple bucks!
Simone B.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Goes on quick and sticky. My eyes stayed smoky all day. This is an inexpensive way to keep your eyeshadow locked and loaded! 😍
Monica F.
MONROVIA, CA
I've used Urban Decay Primer Potion and ELF Shadow Lock Primer and honestly ELF works just as good as Urban Decay. In my opinion there is really no difference between the two other than the price. Without primer my lids get oily and this works wonders and makes my eye shadow last all day long without creasing! I always recommend this primer to my friends and they are never disappointed and love it just as much as me. Not only is this is a good primer but the price of it (Used to be $1 but now its $2) you just can't beat that! I usually find this primer at Target, Walmart or CVS.
Courtney A.
Centreville , AL
I love this stuff. It's cheap and it's effective. I have received several other brands of eyelid primers via beauty box monthly subscriptions, and I will never buy any other brand when I can get E.L.F primer for less than 5 bucks!! Some other brands might work SLIGHTLY better, but the price doesn't justify it for me. I like to wear cream shadows, and this helps it stay on all day.
Karyn H.
Culver City, CA
Since they reformulated this I have not liked it. It now has a metallic shine to it. Overall I don't think this product is worth using.
Cherri J.
Devonshire, Bermuda
I got this with a beauty bundle from E.L.F. I thought it would be nice as I typically love E.L.F. products but I found it didn't keep my eye shadow from creasing. Mind you I have oily skin and my eye lids do get a bit greasy compared to the average person. I wouldn't recommend this is you have really oily skin like me. I didn't like it and after trying it twice I don't use it any more.
Raquel Z.
Fontana, CA
I personally love using this elf primer it works good for the price you can't beat it , it doesn't hurt to try a product just cause it's not a big fancy name brand !
Mollee S.
Table Rock, NE
Absolutely love this stuff!! It works amazingly especially for the price you give for it, it makes my eye makeup stay all day I can definitely tell when I don't wear it my eye makeup creases and wears off really fast.
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
How many hours (on average) does your eye makeup stay on with this?
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Urban Decays Primer Potion?
Elizabeth G.
Brooklyn, NY
For only $1.00, you can't beat the price. Do you feel the same way about most of the Elf line?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Does the primer work well on your eyes?
Chelsea K.
Hattiesburg, MS
How do you apply this product and avoid creasing?