BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #5 in Eye Primer

This lightweight formula quickly absorbs into skin and preps eyeshadow keeping it from creasing. Use it for a more vibrant and long lasting eye look with every use.

HOW TO USE

Squeeze a small amount of the eyelid primer onto your finger.

Gently pat it over the eyelid.

Wait for the formula to dry before applying eyeshadow.

Isododecane, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Propylene Carbonate, Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Quartz, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)

• Do you apply primer EVERY time you do your eyeshadow? 9 Answers
  • What would your eyeshadow look like if you don't use prim...4 Answers
  • How good is it? How long does it last?1 Answers
e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
  • "I love it but there is a one dollar option too and that works well too! But this is three dollars and isn't greasy! Love it i wish they had more colors! They have sheer and Blush! However the one dollar comes in sheer, golden, pearl and champagne." in 1084 reviews
  • "I use urban decay and elf and honestly there doesn't seem to be too much of a distinct difference.. the price is wonderful " in 1050 reviews
  • "& works great my eyeshadow lasts when I use this product and I always buy it because it's so very affordable and i use it almost every day." in 254 reviews
  • "I have extremely oily eyelids and this primer didn't quite do the job for me, however I use this primer on my clients and it works like a charm." in 198 reviews
  • "I think it's a great primer, its not as smooth and soft like other primers I've tried but for the price, you can't go wrong with buying it" in 171 reviews
Sarah M.
this eyelid primer is awful ! i used this years ago so i don’t know if it’s been changed or not but it was so bad. it was so orange and so greasy and did not help to keep my eyeshadow in place. my shadow was majorly creased by the end of the day. even though it’s wicked cheap i would not recommend
Bayley C.
This primer didn’t do much for my eyeshadow at all. If anything, it made my eyeshadow crease more and look kind of bad. This primer was really greasy so I guess that’s why it didn’t do much for my eyeshadow look.
MiNa B.
I purchased the e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer at my local Target store. When I tell you, Elf products never dissapoint me! Their products are always super affordable. The packaging of this product caught my eye and I just had to have it! I used this eyelid primer and it was so easy and simple to use. It left my face flawless. I would definitely reccomend this product.
Julia C.
Brick, NJ
This has been my go to eyelid primer forever! It's so great, especially once you consider how cheap it is! I honestly haven't used many brands, but the few I have, this usually beats them. I always go back to it. Makes eyeshadow colors pop more and prevents creasing and fading throughout the day!!
Allison M.
Ayer
This elf eye lid primer is fine. It does it's job extending and enhancing your eye shadow application. It's a little thinner of a consistency than I would prefer but for the price it will definitely get the job done. It was worth the money but I prefer using the elf concealer as an eye lid primer.
Shasha S.
Ashley M.
Keller
So cheap yet so amazing. This stuff works better than some higher end products do. I got this on sale on the brands website. One of the best purchases ever. After going to class for 5 hours then working 6 hours and maybe catching drinks afterwards, my eyeshadow is still on point and looks fresh.
Julie N.
San Diego , CA
This is my go-to eyelid primer. It's super inexpensive (~$2) and it works wonders. I apply this before I put on my eyeshadow everyday and have been using this for about 5 months I would say (in that time I have purchased around 3 tubes). They come in a tube, so they're pretty small, but they do last me a while since I'm not using it for my whole face and just me eyelids.

This primer allows me to apply my eyeshadow smoothly, blend it in well, and there are no creases at all throughout the day! It locks in my eyeshadow and there's no discoloration after a long day. I definitely recommend!
Victoria B.
Bakersfield, CA
Not worth the $2 .. It creased on my eyes and it also made them sting . I will not be purchasing this one again . I ended up throwing this one out . It was such a bummer because I usually really love Elf products but this one was a no go for me . I will keep trying other products from Elf just no this one
Maya A.
Franklin, VT
Without comparing this to anything, it’s alright. Super sticky, so it’s gotta he set with a powder/base color or nothing will blend on top of it. Shadows still crease over this, although it may help them wear a little longer. For a better affordable primer, go for NYX. Or smashbox, if you can.
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
How many hours (on average) does your eye makeup stay on with this?
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Urban Decays Primer Potion?
Elizabeth G.
BROOKLYN, NY
For only $1.00, you can't beat the price. Do you feel the same way about most of the Elf line?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Does the primer work well on your eyes?
Chelsea K.
Hattiesburg, MS
How do you apply this product and avoid creasing?