BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #5 in Eye Primer

This lightweight formula quickly absorbs into skin and preps eyeshadow keeping it from creasing. Use it for a more vibrant and long lasting eye look with every use.

HOW TO USE

Squeeze a small amount of the eyelid primer onto your finger.

Gently pat it over the eyelid.

Wait for the formula to dry before applying eyeshadow.

Isododecane, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Propylene Carbonate, Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Quartz, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)

• Do you apply primer EVERY time you do your eyeshadow? 9 Answers
  • What would your eyeshadow look like if you don't use prim...4 Answers
  • How good is it? How long does it last?1 Answers
e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
  • "I love it but there is a one dollar option too and that works well too! But this is three dollars and isn't greasy! Love it i wish they had more colors! They have sheer and Blush! However the one dollar comes in sheer, golden, pearl and champagne." in 1084 reviews
  • "I use urban decay and elf and honestly there doesn't seem to be too much of a distinct difference.. the price is wonderful " in 1050 reviews
  • "& works great my eyeshadow lasts when I use this product and I always buy it because it's so very affordable and i use it almost every day." in 254 reviews
  • "I have extremely oily eyelids and this primer didn't quite do the job for me, however I use this primer on my clients and it works like a charm." in 198 reviews
  • "I think it's a great primer, its not as smooth and soft like other primers I've tried but for the price, you can't go wrong with buying it" in 171 reviews
Mal M.
I first started using this when I just began wearing makeup daily. I didn’t know much about primer but I knew I wanted my eyeshadow to stay in place. This was helpful and super cheap for that. But the color of the primer remained on my skin and didn’t blend well (at that time i thought all primers were like that). Eventually I moved on to other brands, but I would recommend this to someone who is curious about eyelid primers and doesn’t want to spend a lot of money finding out what they do.
Maggie R.
Chapel Hill
Honestly I bought this product as just a tester to see how I liked eyelid primers and how effective they were since e.l.f. is a very affordable brand. This eyelid primer works great though. It prevents eyeliner from clumping in my creases very well. I usually only wear eyeliner at night, going out, so sometimes at the end of the night when I’m sweaty from dancing it is less effective. But besides heavy amounts of sweating affecting the “stay-power” this works great!
Shy W.
Miami Gardens, FL
Yesssss for the eyeshadow primer!!! Omg this is like my favorite. One because its super cheap, around $4. Two because it is amazing. Elf never disappoints. I use it to prime my lids as well as on my nose before foundation. I have a super oily nose. My eyeshadow nor my foundation goes anywhere. I live in Miami so that's major. [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-shadow-lock-eyelid-primer]
Carla M.
Las Vegas
This primer is great I tried to where I put eyeshadow primer as much as possible because I have a tendency eyeshadows has a tendency to crease in my Lids so that is very irritating on me I don't like that I think it looks very cheap but for this particular one you can either wear it alone or in Hansel and we're underneath on your eyeshadow that's what I like because I'm all about easier quick ready go and out the door stuff so and Alpha does that thank you elf
Kimmy P.
Honestly, this product made my eyelids feel dry and a little stiff. It comes with a wand similar to a liquid concealer or lipgloss. It was easy to apply with the wand but it looked streaky which could be seen a tiny bit through my eyeshadow. As with all of elf’s products, the packaging is simple and clean—I do like that! I think they could definitely improve the formula. Overall, it was okay for the price and I might give it another shot in a while.
Alisia H.
The only reason why I give this to stars is because I couldn’t really work with the shade which was the only shade that my Walmart had in stock but I try to make it work anyway. I couldn’t really make my eyeshadow show on top of this primer which kind of made me sad LOL it didn’t burn my pockets too much but I still wish I could’ve made it work.
Ann Marie S.
I love this eyeshadow primer. The only reason I gave it a 4 star is because not very much product is in the tube. It is very inexpensive ($2.00) but you only get a few uses before you are having to scrap the tube to get any product. It is smooth when you apply it and then dries down to hold your eyeshadow in place. The color cancels out redness and veins on the lid. Eyeshadow applies very well over the primer and stays all day.
Marie N.
Burke
These are a decent primer for the price but I still do find that I get some patchy spots. I have bought this a few times and it’s pretty good, I still think a concealer is just as good if not better. This does keep things in place, but the bottle doesn’t last very long. I think NYX eye primer is better for just a bit more and I think there’s more product it definitely lasts longer. It’s not bad but not my favorite.
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I bought this product after all of the great reviews on this site and unfortunately I can't agree. After reading several pages of eye primer reviews, it was a toss up between the E.L.F eye primer and the Hard Candy eye primer. Since I found both for cheap at Walmart (Canada), I ended up buying both. I just wrote a similar review on the Hard Candy eye primer which was that it was completely ineffective for me. Although this E.L.F. eye primer was a great price it did nothing to control the oil on my eyelids. Within 3 hours, my eyeliner had migrated and smeared.

I tried combining the E.L.F. eye primer with the Hard Candy eye primer thinking, "Well, they both got good reviews, maybe they'd be awesome together", but nope. Eyeliner smeared within a few hours and oil control only marginally better than wearing no primer at all. Also the wand was a little sticky to remove and insert into the tube, almost like it was too tight. Would not repurchase.
itsemilyclaire B.
Ethel
This is my go-to eyeshadow primer! This is basically like color glue, my eyeshadow stays on all day long without creasing or loss of color. It's very affordable and wears very lightly. Just be careful to clean up well! If you don't completely remove your eye makeup, it can cause your eyelid to get dry - really that's how tightly this primer holds to eye makeup. Say goodbye to creasing with this primer.
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
How many hours (on average) does your eye makeup stay on with this?
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Urban Decays Primer Potion?
Elizabeth B.
Brooklyn, NY
For only $1.00, you can't beat the price. Do you feel the same way about most of the Elf line?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Does the primer work well on your eyes?
Chelsea K.
Hattiesburg, MS
How do you apply this product and avoid creasing?