BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #4 in Eye Primer

This lightweight formula quickly absorbs into skin and preps eyeshadow keeping it from creasing. Use it for a more vibrant and long lasting eye look with every use.

HOW TO USE

Squeeze a small amount of the eyelid primer onto your finger.

Gently pat it over the eyelid.

Wait for the formula to dry before applying eyeshadow.

Isododecane, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Propylene Carbonate, Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Quartz, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)

• Do you apply primer EVERY time you do your eyeshadow? 10 Answers
  • What would your eyeshadow look like if you don't use prim...4 Answers
  • how many VoxBoxes have yall got ? Unfortunately i havent ...7 Answers
e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
  • "I love it but there is a one dollar option too and that works well too! But this is three dollars and isn't greasy! Love it i wish they had more colors! They have sheer and Blush! However the one dollar comes in sheer, golden, pearl and champagne." in 1084 reviews
  • "I use urban decay and elf and honestly there doesn't seem to be too much of a distinct difference.. the price is wonderful " in 1050 reviews
  • "& works great my eyeshadow lasts when I use this product and I always buy it because it's so very affordable and i use it almost every day." in 254 reviews
  • "I have extremely oily eyelids and this primer didn't quite do the job for me, however I use this primer on my clients and it works like a charm." in 198 reviews
  • "I think it's a great primer, its not as smooth and soft like other primers I've tried but for the price, you can't go wrong with buying it" in 171 reviews
Marie P.
Maryville, TN
I like this primer a whole lot for the value alone. It’s only around $3 in my local store, which really makes it worth any purchase! It doesn’t last as long as some other drugstore brands, but it’s well pigmented to provide a good base on your lids and worked well in tandem with different shadows I used. I liked the applicator at first, but I was a little frustrated with how as you got the end of the tube, you really couldn’t get a consistent coating of primer on the brush. All in all, I always recommend this product to friends and family who are looking to branch out into different, more involved makeup routines!
Natalie H.
richmond
I have always had a problem with my eyeshadow moving and all blending together which is not a good look. However, I did not want to spend a bunch of money on a primer. I found this product at target but it is also available for purchase at many drugstores and it completely changed my life. It works perfectly to keep my eyeshadow in tact all day, not to mention it is super affordable and also isn’t tested on animals. If you are looking for a primer that works effectively yet won’t break the bank, I highly recommend this primer! Will be buying this again!
Ginjer R.
Westminster, CO
I have always been a huge fan of e.l.f. because they make quality products at insanely affordable prices, and this one is no exception. This is the first eyeshadow primer I ever tried because it was the cheapest I could find, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. The primer is unscented and it’s tinted but it applies sheer and dries transparent, which is important to me because I have very fair skin and tinted products are usually too dark/warm. I found that the formula is a lot thinner than most primers and has a slippery feel to it until it dries — which takes longer than my other primers — so I had to subtract a star, but it definitely does what it’s supposed to. I have hooded eyes which are prone to creasing and this product eliminates that problem while locking my shadow and liner in place all day — or until I want to take it off. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is new to eyeshadow primers and wants to try it out without breaking the bank, or those looking for a cheaper alternative to their current primer.
Briana N.
Honolulu, HI
Ok, so I have watched countless videos comparing this eyeshadow primer to the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer and I decided to try it out for myself. For $2 this primer is the bomb.com I tried it for the first time yesterday for Easter festivities and it did not let me down. I applied my makeup around 10:30 in the morning and I didn't come home until 9-10pm so a total of 12 hours I had a full face of makeup on and none of my makeup went anywhere. my eyeshadow looked just as I first applied it and there was no creases in the color either. 10/10 would reccommend if you are looking for a cheap and worth it eye primer. THan kyou E.L.F.!!!! <333
brenna f.
Cookeville
I was looking for a white eyeshadow primer and found this one, the packaging itsnt great but its about the product. What it doesnt say on the packaging is that this is an illuminating lid primer and its sparkly. I was looking for a matte primer so that way my bright colorful shadows would be more vibrant, which it does but It gives everything alittle bit of shimmer which I dont care for at all. If you dont mind an illuminating primer then this is fine, it does help shadows from fading and they dont transfer.
Mal M.
I first started using this when I just began wearing makeup daily. I didn’t know much about primer but I knew I wanted my eyeshadow to stay in place. This was helpful and super cheap for that. But the color of the primer remained on my skin and didn’t blend well (at that time i thought all primers were like that). Eventually I moved on to other brands, but I would recommend this to someone who is curious about eyelid primers and doesn’t want to spend a lot of money finding out what they do.
Whitney E.
Midland
ELF never disappoints. I've been using the Benefit "Stay Don't Stray" for a couple of years. Over the last few weeks I've noticed that my eye shadow was not staying smooth. It's been showing the creases and just looks...bad. I decided to try ELF's eyeshadow primer and after wearing it all day, going out in the sun (I'm in Texas and it's been in the 90s-100s) it stayed on just as I had put it on hours and hours before. I think I'm going to be making this switch permanent.
Shy W.
Miami Gardens, FL
Yesssss for the eyeshadow primer!!! Omg this is like my favorite. One because its super cheap, around $4. Two because it is amazing. Elf never disappoints. I use it to prime my lids as well as on my nose before foundation. I have a super oily nose. My eyeshadow nor my foundation goes anywhere. I live in Miami so that's major. [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-shadow-lock-eyelid-primer]
Carla M.
Las Vegas, NV
This primer is great I tried to where I put eyeshadow primer as much as possible because I have a tendency eyeshadows has a tendency to crease in my Lids so that is very irritating on me I don't like that I think it looks very cheap but for this particular one you can either wear it alone or in Hansel and we're underneath on your eyeshadow that's what I like because I'm all about easier quick ready go and out the door stuff so and Alpha does that thank you elf
Audrey L.
San Luis Obispo
Honestly, I have never been a big fan of eyelid primer. I didn't ever think that it would make a difference in eyeshadow preservation, and that the whole thing was just a gimmick by makeup companies to convince you to buy their stuff. As it turns out, I was completely wrong - I started using this, and noticed an immediate difference in the lasting power of not only my eyeshadow, but also my liquid eyeliner (Maybelline EyeStudio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner). I went on a 6 mile hike, and my eye makeup stayed dang near perfect the entire time - the only issue I noticed was that the corner of my cat eye eyeliner was starting to fade due to the massive amounts of sweat pouring down my face. I would definitely recommend this product, and eyelid primer in general, to you if you regularly experience issues with your eyeshadow and eyeliner not lasting through the day.
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
How many hours (on average) does your eye makeup stay on with this?
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Urban Decays Primer Potion?
Elizabeth G.
Brooklyn, NY
For only $1.00, you can't beat the price. Do you feel the same way about most of the Elf line?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Does the primer work well on your eyes?
Chelsea K.
Hattiesburg, MS
How do you apply this product and avoid creasing?