BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #6 in Eye Primer

This lightweight formula quickly absorbs into skin and preps eyeshadow keeping it from creasing. Use it for a more vibrant and long lasting eye look with every use.

HOW TO USE

Squeeze a small amount of the eyelid primer onto your finger.

Gently pat it over the eyelid.

Wait for the formula to dry before applying eyeshadow.

Isododecane, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Propylene Carbonate, Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Quartz, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)

• Do you apply primer EVERY time you do your eyeshadow? 9 Answers
  • What would your eyeshadow look like if you don't use primer vs us...4 Answers
  • How good is it? How long does it last?1 Answers
e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
  • "I use urban decay and elf and honestly there doesn't seem to be too much of a distinct difference.. the price is wonderful " in 1050 reviews
  • "& works great my eyeshadow lasts when I use this product and I always buy it because it's so very affordable and i use it almost every day." in 254 reviews
  • "I have extremely oily eyelids and this primer didn't quite do the job for me, however I use this primer on my clients and it works like a charm." in 198 reviews
  • "I think it's a great primer, its not as smooth and soft like other primers I've tried but for the price, you can't go wrong with buying it" in 171 reviews
  • "I like this primer, it is super affordable but don't always use it because I have oily lids and need something a little thicker" in 141 reviews
Shasha S.
Marie P.
Maryville, TN
I like this primer a whole lot for the value alone. It’s only around $3 in my local store, which really makes it worth any purchase! It doesn’t last as long as some other drugstore brands, but it’s well pigmented to provide a good base on your lids and worked well in tandem with different shadows I used. I liked the applicator at first, but I was a little frustrated with how as you got the end of the tube, you really couldn’t get a consistent coating of primer on the brush. All in all, I always recommend this product to friends and family who are looking to branch out into different, more involved makeup routines!
Lizelh Q.
los angeles
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer more...
It’s very inexpensive and works just as well as any other primer that would cost way more. You don’t need to apply to much to the eyelid since the product spreads smoothly. I’ve tried the primer on by itself and then put eyeshadow, and at the end of the day there was a bit of creasing, but that might have just been because I have very oily lids, which sound like a personal problem. Then I tried this primer with a bit of setting powder on top of it. At the end of the day the eyeshadow looked amazing, no creasing, as if I had just applied it.
Stephanie P.
Cranston , RI
This wasn’t my favorite eye primer. The consistency was thin and is a cream color but did not do much for my discoloration. It also has sparkle or glitter particles in it which I thought was strange for a product I am applying to get a clean base. I don’t even know if it helped with my eyeshadow creasing because I put concealer over it to cover the sparkles. The only way I would reuse this is if I was doing a look with glitter and still I would probably put a concealer down first and maybe this over it.
Shy W.
Miami Gardens, FL
Yesssss for the eyeshadow primer!!! Omg this is like my favorite. One because its super cheap, around $4. Two because it is amazing. Elf never disappoints. I use it to prime my lids as well as on my nose before foundation. I have a super oily nose. My eyeshadow nor my foundation goes anywhere. I live in Miami so that's major. [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-shadow-lock-eyelid-primer]
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I bought this product after all of the great reviews on this site and unfortunately I can't agree. After reading several pages of eye primer reviews, it was a toss up between the E.L.F eye primer and the Hard Candy eye primer. Since I found both for cheap at Walmart (Canada), I ended up buying both. I just wrote a similar review on the Hard Candy eye primer which was that it was completely ineffective for me. Although this E.L.F. eye primer was a great price it did nothing to control the oil on my eyelids. Within 3 hours, my eyeliner had migrated and smeared.

I tried combining the E.L.F. eye primer with the Hard Candy eye primer thinking, "Well, they both got good reviews, maybe they'd be awesome together", but nope. Eyeliner smeared within a few hours and oil control only marginally better than wearing no primer at all. Also the wand was a little sticky to remove and insert into the tube, almost like it was too tight. Would not repurchase.
Ashley S.
Bealeton , VA
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer more...
I love a lot of the ELf products but I love this eyeshadow primer. My aunt got me into their stuff and started out with this and their eyeshadow and I love how it really makes your shadows pop. It goes on very nicely. I do have to use my finger to rub it some to get it evenly coated. It makes my shadow last longer without looking worn down. It’s very affordable. I think like $1-2 at Target? And this product will last you a very long time. Will definitely be continuing to use this product.
Marie N.
Burke
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer, Sheer, Sheer more...
These are a decent primer for the price but I still do find that I get some patchy spots. I have bought this a few times and it’s pretty good, I still think a concealer is just as good if not better. This does keep things in place, but the bottle doesn’t last very long. I think NYX eye primer is better for just a bit more and I think there’s more product it definitely lasts longer. It’s not bad but not my favorite.
Michelle K.
Oakland, CA
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer, Sheer, Sheer more...
I've used both the sheer shade and the champagne shade. Of the two I only recommend the sheer shade. Champagne is a strange cool tone with silver glitters in it (not shimmer, GLITTER). Anyway, the primer does not work for those of you with oily eyelids. If you have dry-normal eyelids, this is a good, cheap everyday primer that will last you a while! I never use this on special occasions though.
Ashley B.
Marrero, LA
You definitely get what you pay for with this one, I really didn’t care for it because it looks white on the wind but when you blend it on your eyelids it kind of disappears and when you put your eye shadow on top of it it really doesn’t make a difference. My shadow performs the same with or without this product. It definitely did not keep my eyelids from becoming a oily and keeping my eyeshadow on all day. This product needs some improving!!
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
How many hours (on average) does your eye makeup stay on with this?
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Urban Decays Primer Potion?
Elizabeth B.
Brooklyn, NY
For only $1.00, you can't beat the price. Do you feel the same way about most of the Elf line?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Does the primer work well on your eyes?
Chelsea K.
Hattiesburg, MS
How do you apply this product and avoid creasing?