Angelica B.
Angelica B.
Waldorf, MD
What brush cleaner should I use for this?
Isabel R.
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
3 months, 1 week ago
You can use baby shampoo or dish wash.
Sara E.
Sara E.
Madison , TN
7 months, 4 weeks ago
If you're on a tight budget I recommend just using some shampoo and water. I've not had any adverse reactions or problems doing this with either my skin, eyes, nor the brushes themselves,
Katelyn D.
Katelyn D.
Jacksonville, FL
9 months ago
e.l.f has its own brush cleaner that is really cheap also and works really well
Lindsay R.
Lindsay R.
1 year, 2 months ago
I use one from Sephora in a tiny bottle. works great
Kammy T.
Kammy T.
1 year, 4 months ago
I use any gentle shampoo I have laying around. Or, you can use an anti-bacterial hand soap!
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
2 years, 6 months ago
I use dawn dishwashing liquid and it gets all my elf brushes looking brand new. Just put a little in the palm of your hand and swirl it around then rinse without turning it upside down any.
Chancy B.
Chancy B.
Mayfield, KY
2 years, 9 months ago
I use baby shampoo and warm water. Works great.
Mara S.
Mara S.
Geneva, IN
2 years, 11 months ago
I have the E.L.F daily brush cleaner and the E.L.F brush shampoo! Works perfect!
elizabeth a.
elizabeth a.
Marion, TX
3 years, 2 months ago
Good old plain Johnson's baby shampoo
Crystal M.
Crystal M.
3 years, 4 months ago
I use a clarifying shampoo. It gets the job done, is gentle, and smells amazing after.
Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.
Torrance, CA
3 years, 5 months ago
The ELF daily brush cleaner or brush shampoo are very good, any bar soap or Dr Bronner's magic soaps are really good, baby shampoo or any makeup removing face wash are ok too.
Julia R.
Julia R.
Dearborn Hts, MI
3 years, 7 months ago
Johnson's baby shampoo! It keeps the bristles soft and conditioned, without being too harsh or making the bristles shed. And it's affordable.
Lillian D.
Lillian D.
chester, PA
3 years, 7 months ago
I use cetaphil cleanser or if I can find the cheaper knock off's of it, I get that, and warm water. It seems to take out the makeup and oils easily without being too harsh on the brushes. Baby shampoo would probably work well too.
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
3 years, 8 months ago
It is a bit pricey, but Cinema Secrets carries the best brush cleaner I have ever tried. It doesn't dry out your brushes like soap can do, in fact, after using it, my brushes always feel so much softer! And as a bonus, it also makes your brushes smell really nice! You can get it at cinemasecrets.com & it is definitely worth it!
Isabella J.
Isabella J.
California,CA
3 years, 8 months ago
U should use the elf brush shampoo I'm pretty sure it works reeeaaally great
Jackie F.
Jackie F.
Oswego, IL
3 years, 9 months ago
I use a foam, antibacterial hand soap. Works nicely. :)
Victoria P.
Victoria P.
3 years, 9 months ago
I just use the dove sensitive skin bar soap
Rosa C.
Rosa C.
Nashville, TN
3 years, 11 months ago
I also use the olive oil and dish soap. Works wonders!
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
3 years, 11 months ago
BABY SHAMPOO
Mariana E.
Mariana E.
Louisville, KY
3 years, 12 months ago
I use liquid Ivory soap. It cleans out ALL my brushes, makes them soft, and smell nice too!
Samantha T.
Samantha T.
4 years ago
I use baby shampoo and it seems to work well.
Chrissy M.
Chrissy M.
Sebring, FL
4 years ago
E.L.F. sells one for $3 but you can use soap and warm water.
Angelica A.
Angelica A.
Victoria, TX
4 years ago
I use baby shampoo & just warm water. It works pretty good for me, It's an easy way to do it & it's affordable
Sonia H.
Sonia H.
4 years ago
Would windex count as another cleaning alternative
Mia I.
Mia I.
Conway, PA
4 years ago
I would rather just deep clean my brushes with dawn dish soap and olive oil mixed.
Abby D.
Abby D.
Kitchener, ON
4 years, 1 month ago
Don't use a brush cleanser as they don't contain active anti-bacterial ingredients. Go with dawn dish soap as it is gentle enough to not ruin your brushes, but does the job and leaves no trace of makeup. Just mix a bit up with cold water (to stop bacterial from forming) on a regular plate and mix back and forth (like how you would clean a paint brush) on the palm of your hand. Rinse away and you should be all set. I recommend cleaning them at least once or twice a week, if not after every use, since bacteria is dangerous to have near the face. It can cause acne, and eye infections if left long enough.
Jeronica C.
Jeronica C.
4 years, 2 months ago
With a bit of water,olive oil and dish detergent you can make your own. Also when you let it dry make sure the bristles are face down. Thats actually important.
Danielle G.
Danielle G.
San Antonio, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
ELF makes a brush cleaner, but and mild soap will work.
Elyse O.
Elyse O.
Philadelphia, PA
4 years, 3 months ago
For a cleaner you might already have at home, use olive oil and dish soap :)
Gabrielle D.
Gabrielle D.
Lake, MI
4 years, 3 months ago
You can use brush shampoos from sephora or any gentle shampoo