Angelica B.
Angelica B.
Waldorf, MD

What brush cleaner should I use for this?
Lindsay R.
Lindsay R.
July 27, 2016, 12:41 a.m.
I use one from Sephora in a tiny bottle. works great
Kammy T.
Kammy T.
May 11, 2016, 11:04 p.m.
I use any gentle shampoo I have laying around. Or, you can use an anti-bacterial hand soap!
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
March 20, 2015, 5:42 p.m.
I use dawn dishwashing liquid and it gets all my elf brushes looking brand new. Just put a little in the palm of your hand and swirl it around then rinse without turning it upside down any.
Chancy B.
Chancy B.
Dec. 16, 2014, 8:27 p.m.
I use baby shampoo and warm water. Works great.
Mara S.
Mara S.
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:38 a.m.
I have the E.L.F daily brush cleaner and the E.L.F brush shampoo! Works perfect!
elizabeth a.
elizabeth a.
July 6, 2014, 9:01 a.m.
Good old plain Johnson's baby shampoo
Crystal M.
Crystal M.
May 16, 2014, 8:53 p.m.
I use a clarifying shampoo. It gets the job done, is gentle, and smells amazing after.
Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.
April 4, 2014, 7:05 p.m.
The ELF daily brush cleaner or brush shampoo are very good, any bar soap or Dr Bronner's magic soaps are really good, baby shampoo or any makeup removing face wash are ok too.
Julia R.
Julia R.
Feb. 14, 2014, 7:48 a.m.
Johnson's baby shampoo! It keeps the bristles soft and conditioned, without being too harsh or making the bristles shed. And it's affordable.
Lillian D.
Lillian D.
Feb. 3, 2014, 6:17 p.m.
I use cetaphil cleanser or if I can find the cheaper knock off's of it, I get that, and warm water. It seems to take out the makeup and oils easily without being too harsh on the brushes. Baby shampoo would probably work well too.
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Jan. 17, 2014, 1:13 p.m.
It is a bit pricey, but Cinema Secrets carries the best brush cleaner I have ever tried. It doesn't dry out your brushes like soap can do, in fact, after using it, my brushes always feel so much softer! And as a bonus, it also makes your brushes smell really nice! You can get it at cinemasecrets.com & it is definitely worth it!
Isabella J.
Isabella J.
Jan. 3, 2014, 9:56 p.m.
U should use the elf brush shampoo I'm pretty sure it works reeeaaally great
Jackie F.
Jackie F.
Dec. 26, 2013, 12:34 p.m.
I use a foam, antibacterial hand soap. Works nicely. :)
Victoria P.
Victoria P.
Dec. 11, 2013, 10:01 p.m.
I just use the dove sensitive skin bar soap
Rosa C.
Rosa C.
Oct. 23, 2013, 4:54 p.m.
I also use the olive oil and dish soap. Works wonders!
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Oct. 11, 2013, 12:30 a.m.
BABY SHAMPOO
Mariana S.
Mariana S.
Sept. 29, 2013, 11:28 p.m.
I use liquid Ivory soap. It cleans out ALL my brushes, makes them soft, and smell nice too!
Samantha T.
Samantha T.
Sept. 26, 2013, 12:46 p.m.
I use baby shampoo and it seems to work well.
Chrissy M.
Chrissy M.
Sept. 22, 2013, 7:29 p.m.
E.L.F. sells one for $3 but you can use soap and warm water.
Angelica A.
Angelica A.
Sept. 1, 2013, 11:14 p.m.
I use baby shampoo & just warm water. It works pretty good for me, It's an easy way to do it & it's affordable
Sonia H.
Sonia H.
Aug. 30, 2013, 8:07 p.m.
Would windex count as another cleaning alternative
Mia I.
Mia I.
Aug. 30, 2013, 7:36 p.m.
I would rather just deep clean my brushes with dawn dish soap and olive oil mixed.
Abby D.
Abby D.
Aug. 12, 2013, 9:39 p.m.
Don't use a brush cleanser as they don't contain active anti-bacterial ingredients. Go with dawn dish soap as it is gentle enough to not ruin your brushes, but does the job and leaves no trace of makeup. Just mix a bit up with cold water (to stop bacterial from forming) on a regular plate and mix back and forth (like how you would clean a paint brush) on the palm of your hand. Rinse away and you should be all set. I recommend cleaning them at least once or twice a week, if not after every use, since bacteria is dangerous to have near the face. It can cause acne, and eye infections if left long enough.
Jeronica C.
Jeronica C.
July 4, 2013, 2:52 a.m.
With a bit of water,olive oil and dish detergent you can make your own. Also when you let it dry make sure the bristles are face down. Thats actually important.
Danielle G.
Danielle G.
July 3, 2013, 11:08 p.m.
ELF makes a brush cleaner, but and mild soap will work.
Elyse O.
Elyse O.
June 26, 2013, 12:43 p.m.
For a cleaner you might already have at home, use olive oil and dish soap :)
Gabrielle D.
Gabrielle D.
June 21, 2013, 3:24 a.m.
You can use brush shampoos from sephora or any gentle shampoo

Join Now