e.l.f. Prep & Hydrate Balm

This convenient, versatile water based primer stick instantly hydrates skin to improve skin texture and to prep skin for makeup application.  Infused with shea butter, cocoa, aloe, and grape to hydrate skin. The two-in-one formula and stick form is perfect for travel or your gym bag!

All e.l.f. skincare products are free from Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates.

HOW TO USE

Twist up the stick and apply all over the face in circular motions. Blend in with fingertips. Can also be used to soothe dry hands or elbows.

All e.l.f. skincare products are free from Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates.

0.51 oz. (15g)

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacoa (Coco) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Does this work well for oily skin?
Does this work good for oily skin?
e.l.f. Prep & Hydrate Balm how good is the e.l.f skin care line?
Start your review of e.l.f. Prep & Hydrate Balm!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
i really like this. i have dry skin and this is super nice for moisturizing right before applying foundation. in 109 reviews
this primer works awesome for me! i have dry skin and it works wonders! might not work too well for oily skin, which is why i gave it 4 stars. other than that, i think it is awesome and for the price, you can't beat it. i reach for this over my smash box, and too faced primers!in 100 reviews
3 years agoPrescott Valley, AZ
Decent for the price! Leaves your skin soft and keeps it hydrated after application of other facial make ups. I don't personally use powder anymore but with concealer and contour powder it feels nice.
3 years agoChandler, AZ
When I used this on my chin or tops of my cheek bones, it stung. I did not find the hydration from this stick to last very long, either. I think hydrating sprays work better.
3 years ago
This product works pretty well. Elf cosmetics are always super inexpensive and that's an amazing thing. The product isn't as amazing as others I've tried but it was very inexpensive so it's great for the price.
3 years agoMurrieta, CA
I love this! It leaves me lips super smooth, and gives me a natural nude look. Perfect for any girl who wants smooth lips without going for a bold look.
3 years agoLaredo, TX
I like this product it moisturize pretty good my face before I apply my make-up and it really helps my make-up looks very soft.
3 years agoCleveland, OH
I love this product it helps hydrate my t zone and really helps my makeup stay there all day
a month agoBerkeley
I adore stick primers, they make application so fast & easy! I always reach for this product when I'm on the go or in a hurry. It applies easily and smoothly and feels great on the skin. Definitely feels hydrating. I have oily/combination skin and feel like it moisturizes just enough without leaving me feeling greasy.
5 days agoindianapolis
This product is wonderful. It glides right over the skin and feels so good. It is such a refreshing feeling and leaves the skin so hydrated and glowy. It doesn’t fill in pores or anything but it is a great dewy primer and leaves the skin hydrated all day
7 days agoDundee
I think this product was good and very nourishing for the skin and made my skin look very healthy and left a really nice surface for the foundation I would 100% recommend this product.
2 months ago
I love this product! It’s very cooling and very smooth on the skin without looking oily. This would be a lot better if had sun protection! I wouldn’t consider this as a pore filling primer but it does the job!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
5 months ago
e.l.f. Prep & Hydrate Balm how good is the e.l.f skin care line?
rylie M. 5 months ago
I use the moisturizer, and have been for 4 years. It doesn't cause me to break out at all. Very light, doesn't smother my skin.