BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #24 in Face Primer

The primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application. Infused with Tea Tree and Vitamins A & E for restorative benefits.

HOW TO USE

Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin. Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.

0.47 fl.oz. (14mL)
Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

• Is this primer comparable to the smashbox primer or babys...2 Answers
  • Does this work for pores?4 Answers
  • What do you think of e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer- Small2 Answers
e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer- Small
  • "i'm putting a four because this is the only one i've ever tried. but i would love to try others. i have oily skin and this doesn't add anything extra or dry out my skin completely. it is totally affordable. " in 1192 reviews
Lindsey K.
Louisa
I was so excited to see this product sitting on the shelves so I snatched it up right away. At first look the bottle is beautiful, and contains a fair amount of money for the price. Because I have both large pores and skin that could use a little moisture (from age, not from dryness...) I picked up both this product and the hydrating primer from the same brand. When I got home I applied a small amount of each to each side of my face. I noticed the poreless primer had a slightly minty + plastic-y scent which would have smelled awful if it weren't for the mint. The primer is very creamy and applies smoothly, almost like silicone if you've ever done any caulk work. After putting on my makeup as usual the results are.... well, disappointing.

Looking at both sides, my pores were still readily visible. I would say there was a very minor reduction in pores. But that was with both products, and not the one claiming to make your face poreless. Granted, I have larger pores on my cheeks and forehead but I was hoping I would get at least a little more reduction. Both products did a good job at making my face feel hydrated, but it came at the cost of making my face feel and look oily. I also noticed that while the primer did a good job at attracting my powder makeup, the effects did not last and my makeup ended up coming off quickly.

Overall, I love the value, packaging, and hydrating components of this product but was not impressed with the smell, longevity, and inability to cover my pores.
Cassandra P.
Chicago
I was honestly so excited to try this since I've been having this really bad pore problem since I started working at my job and the Chicago weather is getting more humid but was totally let down. I always put my moisturizer and let it sit into my skin before putting primer which I also l let sit for about 15 minutes before applying foundation or bbcream (my golden rule)! I seemed to notice that my pores looked even larger than before I put my moisturizer which already was a thumbs down but I just wanted to try it a few more times before I got rid of it. I had the same results every time though. I noticed after about 4 hours after my makeup was already sliding off my nose while I was running around serving at my job. It does make my face feel a little oily so a little goes the longest way! I ended up giving it to my sister who doesn't seem to mind it which I was happy for. It may work for some people but if your skin is oily I don't really recommend it. I was disappointed since I seen to love most elf products, I've never used their primers but I will try other ones in the near future to see if I find my holy frail elf primer product.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
I wanted to love this primer SO BAD, I purchased it off of the e.l.f. website when they were having a 50% off sitewide sale because this product had amazing reviews. I tried it on the back of my hand the minute I got it and was so excited, it felt really nice and smooth and I expected it to do wonders with my pores. Unfortunately, when I went to actually use it on my face, it was just so incredibly greasy feeling and no matter how much I rubbed it in, it would not go away. It also bunched up on my nose and left little white balls which is something that has never happened to me before. I have combination skin and although my skin has been more on the dry side with the colder months, this product made my skin GREASY. And for my t-zone, I definitely don't need any extra help keeping that oily :(

I will say that I love the packaging of this product, it's super cute and effective. The pump lets out just enough product. I'm sure that there are people out there who absolutely love this, so give it a try if you're interested! The price definitely allows you to do that without worrying. As for me, I'm sad this didn't work but I have so many e.l.f. products that do work and I love!
Alisha J.
Walworth, NY
I have tried several primers and this is the only one that is affordable, does what it says it will, AND doesn’t cause me to break out. It doesn’t change the color or tone of your face, but it does smooth out and even your skin tone extremely well. It softens my face and helps my foundation and powder to go on smoother. It increases the wearability of my makeup and helps hide imperfections well. On days when I don’t wear makeup, I’ll still usually throw this on just to make me feel a little better about the way my skin looks. I have oily skin and it doesn’t make it any more oily which prevents me from breaking out as a result of using it. Even a small bottle lasts a long time because it spreads easily, so you don’t need to use very much. On days when I have a big event and want my makeup to look flawless I’ll do a layer of this, foundation, another layer of this, and then power and my skin is like a porcelain doll (I’m not kidding). It’s cheap, and worth a try even if you’re skeptical.
Diyona J.
Burlington
I typically don't go for matte lipsticks since they tend to become scarce on my lips however with this lipstick it becomes scarce yet not badly . After you apply this lipstick is goes away extremely speedy , perhaps a little to snappy for a few people . When dry it doesn't exchange so you can drink or eat without stressing if it will exchange over . It is a dependable lipstick so you don't need to stress over reapplying for the duration of the day which is so incredible to need to not stress over . The bundling is over the best for a drugstore lipstick completely AMAZING great done on Milani's part . You can discover these at your nearby drugstore or magnificence store at an extremely shoddy cost . The span of the lipstick is past better than average . You don't need to utilize a great deal so It will last you a while . Certainly prescribe the purchase .
Christopher C.
Windermere, FL
I really love the way this makes my skin look. It goes on well and really minimizes pores and blurs skin making skin look flawless. It even does a great job at mattifying the skin and doing away with shiny spots. I also have not had any issues with clogging or breakouts from using this product.

The price is totally right for how well the product works. I love the space age looking packaging and that its an easy pump container. My only complaint is the feeling it leaves on the skin.

My only complaint is that it does not absorb into the skin that well. Leaving a filmy, weird feeling and layer of product on the skin. Hours after if I touch my face I can pull away a greasy feeling left on my fingers and hands.

Its wonderful but just don't touch your face.
Brittany L.
Saint Louis
This primer is better than I thought it would be! It's super affordable and works with my skin! The packaging is nice considering it's not a pricey item. The primer makes my face appear and feel smooth and it helps keep my makeup on for a good majority of the day. I have tried primers that are better than this primer but for something so affordable, I will defiantly repurchase.

This primer get's very mixed reviews and I think it definitely depends on the person's skin type as well as the cosmetics on top of the primer. I look forward to using this primer with other foundations, bronzers, blushes, etc. to get a better feel for how it performs but for now, I can say that it has totally shocked me and I love it!
Katherine S.
This is a great drugstore (low price) primer for pores. Wouldn't recommend for oily skin because now that it's summer my skin tends to be more oily than my usual dry skin during the winter, and this can kind of make my makeup move around a bit because of oil, humidity, and sweat. Another thing is the smell! Oh my this smells either like some type of heavily scented essential oil that I can't name or like the PineSol household cleaner (that sounds terrifying but I've spot tested this on my skin to make sure I don't breakout in a rash or anything and nothing has happened). Besides the off scent this a great affordable product.
Isabelle D.
Lebanon, OH
I paid about 6$ for this product at Walmart and I usually get the maybelline baby skin but I was so glad I picked this up.  I love the formula and it applies so smoothly and last all day. my only downfall to this product is the smell, it has a strong smell of tea tree oil.  I'm not sure if its to help fight acne or just so it doesn't smell like alcohol but overall it does help hide my pores or at least make them less visible and if you're looking for a good primer to do that, that is also going to last a long time I 100% recommend picking this up, plus it has a pump so it helps not waste product.
Andrea. O.
Las Vegas, Nevada
I really like using this primer in my daily makeup routine. It goes on smoothly and I feel like it helps my makeup be applied nicely. After applying it it does kind of feel greasy but I don’t mind because it isn’t too much. I don’t feel like it makes my pores look smaller. It also doesn’t feel like it makes my makeup last longer, but I do have really oily skin especially during the summer, so I wouldn’t expect it to make my makeup last all day.
vidhya s.
Louisville, KY
My skin is basically oily will this make be good on my skin ? I'm little worried to go for this ? can anyone guide me on this ?
Aleyda M.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Estrella G.
Kansas City, KS
Does it really cover up pores ? Is it worth buying?
Laura J.
Medley, FL
I was thinking of buying this. Can this actually cover up the pores?
Ashley R.
Charlotte, NC
Is it to good to be true

back