BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #34 in Face Primer

This Mineral Infused Face Primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines.

HOW TO USE

• Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin.
  • Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.
  • Use with a blending brush for flawless results.

1.01 fl. oz. (30mL)

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer- Large
  • "i got this product from my job actually and the product works good on dry skin i’m not sure if it works for oily skin. this doesn’t have any sun protection but it’s easy to apply to the skin and blend in as well. i would buy again and try other elf primers as well
    " in 1651 reviews
Gina J.
I'll start by saying that I was in absolute LUST with this product! Great price, great payoff, and I began reaching for it before my higher end primers that I use. I just went through the product relatively quickly, which I don't use a lot of product when I do, so it was a little puzzling. The texture was great, it didn't really do much for my redness, but I was willing to overlook it because it does work, fills in pores, and makes my foundation apply seamlessly, no creasing at all. UNTIL one day I dropped the pump and it fell apart, and I realized how LITTLE is in the actual pump. I should have read reviews because apparently this is a common problem. And for the price tag, I might as well actually spend the $25 a month on a primer that comes with MORE in the pump than what E.L.F. does by the time I repurchase throughout a month because there's so little in the package that you use it quickly. It was my own fault for not reading the volume on the packaging, but shame on E.L.F. for wasting that much plastic for THAT LITTLE product. Based on that, I won't repurchase. It's so wasteful, and also misleading. I was a little heartbroken when I saw how little there was and how cheated I felt by a company that I'd endorsed as a great alternative to higher end/over priced cosmetic products.
Lily W.
Bronx, NY
I had high hopes for this primer and I heard good things about it. It's an okay primer. It didn't keep my face from getting oily but that wasn't one of their claims. This was the first time I tried the mineral primer and in the past I had tried one of the other ELF primers but I don't recall which one. I know I didn't really care for that one either but I decided to give them another try. I bought the large one from their website (which took literally forever to ship to NYC. I should have went to the store(s) only I don't think they would have had the crazy sale prices.) First day using the primer I found it flaking on my skin which I thought was odd. For $10 its okay but not worth repurchasing when this one runs out. There are other cheaper alternatives to this primer that I like better.
Corinne P.
Los Angeles
it is the first time I used a primer.  I do not like heavy products on my face so I never used primer or foundation.  I heard someone at the gym bragging about e.l.f. mineral infused face primer and for the price I decided to give it a try.  I was amazed at how silky this product felt on my skin.  It is so light and silky; it does not feel like I am wearing anything.  I do not use foundation so I applied powder and blush directly after applying the primer and the powder held better on my skin.  Since then I explored other primers that offer better coverage, but none of them have the silky quality of e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer.
Melissa M.
Flagstaff
I'll start by saying that this is the only primer I currently use. I don't find the smell to be weird, but the texture was a bit...confusing. It feels very oily when I pump it onto my fingers, but dries to a nice matte on the face. it makes my face feel super smooth and fills in some of my bigger pores. I find that a little goes a long way, so I'm happy with the price compared to the amount of product I get because it's lasted me a long time now. For makeup users on a budget or for those who don't wear makeup all the time, I would definitely recommend this primer. If you use primer every day...maybe invest a little bit more into a higher-end product.
Natalie H.
richmond
I typically do not like to spend a lot of money on primers and this one is supper affordable, comes with a lot of product and does the job. I have fairly large pores that can often be seen with just foundation, however this primer works to smooth over my pores, leaving my skin smooth, moisturized and ready to begin the rest of my makeup routine. It keeps my makeup in tact all day. I would highly recommend this product to makeup users on-the-go who do not have time to touch up their makeup as well as anyone who wants to create a great base for their makeup look! Love this product! Will be buying this again!
Vanessa A.
Riverside, CA
I've tried this product twice so far and by far I was very surprised by it. I wore it earlier this week for nearly 12 hours and when I arrived home my makeup still looked good. I had some shine but I didn't have any major issues. I liked that the primer didn't irritate my skin or feel heavy either. It glided well over my skin and didn't seem to have any interactions with my makeup. I used it as an eye primer this week and found that my eyeshadow stayed in place with little fall off. I liked that the primer was clear.
Rebecca M.
Wichita

Marie M.Cameron, NC283 reviewsDec. 20, 2016, 8:05 p.m.Ok, confession time! I have never used a face primer before! :0 I know right? I have oily/combination skin so I have always been afraid to put a primer on instead of just moisturizer. I’ve always been afraid it will clog my pores and cause my skin to crazy!

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer was a very pleasant experience for me so before I dive in with my input let me explain what it does. This is the clear version. They also have it a lavender, green, and beige that all do different facial skin corrections. The clear one was developed to combat excessive oil (HELLO that’s me), flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines so you’re makeup can go on satin smooth. Um, I don’t know about you but this speaks to me!

So it comes out of the bottle as a gel and I was afraid this was going to be heavy but it was nowhere near what I thought it was going to be. It went on so light! It absorbed very quickly and seriously guys I swear my skin transformed right before my eyes. Like literally I kept looking at my skin in the mirror all close and stuff lol! My natural, slightly uneven skin all of a sudden looked smoother and flawless. Like it legit looked like I had a peel done or something! My face felt so silky soft. You could really feel the light minerals in this stuff like a veil over your face. It also smells amazing!

I chose to apply two different types of foundations I use. Medium coverage CoverGirl Clean and full coverage MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The reason I did this is because my face undertone is stuck somewhere in between light and medium so usually I have to mix two different foundations to get the color I need. I also like to cover up my blemishes, breakouts, and uneven skin tone. This excessive layering though usually causes my foundation to slip throughout the day and you can really see some caking sometimes around dry areas of my face that need to be exfoliated.

This worked amazing to prevent slippage. So much so that my face actually felt dry to the touch instead of slightly oily with a bunch of makeup on. I also noticed when removing with a makeup wipe that there was way more makeup on the wipe at the end of the day then usual. While I still had some issues with fine lines showing around my eyes and forehead, it did create a smooth airbrush finish and the caking was way less than usual. For sure going to find a new foundation routine to use with this or switch to a lighter method.

I give this product a 5!
Heather W.
Baker City
This primer is an okay primer to use. I suppose it has to do a lot with your skin type an how sensitive your skin is. My skin personally did not agree with it. However, I did enjoy that it seemed to give a natural look to it. For the most part it was fairly easy to blend but did leave a sticky and gooey feeling causing the products to come after it to cake up a bit more than usual. I personally would not buy this product again, but would not completely label it as a terrible product or not worth the money. A family member of mine tested it in the same time frame I had and did her skin wonders and was perfect for her skin type. I would suggest finding out your skin type and reading upon the ingredients included in the product in comparison to research about what the ingredients do for your skin.
kao (.
Charlotte, NC
I love this product! It is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up. But other than that it works pretty good for me.
Shunnie B.
['Toledo', 'OH'], OH
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Primer! Immediately after application, my skin feels so soft! This s the first Primer I have used and I will not go to another. The Primer keeps my Make-Up look awesome all day all I have to do is blot it periodically! It also helps my Make-Up blend amazingly! Usually, it separates from my skin and looks lumpy but with this product, it looks smooth and applies my foundation smoothly!
Elvia D.
Does this primer work well on oily skin?
Emily L.
Mount carmel, PA
Looking for a good face primer. I know elf products are a pretty good price. Would anyone recommend this?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good?
Alexus Y.
So I really love elf but i know their products can be cheaply made as well sometimes. Is this a reliable primer??
Deblina B.
Kolkata
Hello. I am very much interested in this product but I would like to know if it is suitable for oily skin or dry skin?

back