e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer- LargeInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #11 in Face Primer

This Mineral Infused Face Primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines.

HOW TO USE

• Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin.
  • Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.
  • Use with a blending brush for flawless results.

1.01 fl. oz. (30mL)

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica

Gina J.
I'll start by saying that I was in absolute LUST with this product! Great price, great payoff, and I began reaching for it before my higher end primers that I use. I just went through the product relatively quickly, which I don't use a lot of product when I do, so it was a little puzzling. The texture was great, it didn't really do much for my redness, but I was willing to overlook it because it does work, fills in pores, and makes my foundation apply seamlessly, no creasing at all. UNTIL one day I dropped the pump and it fell apart, and I realized how LITTLE is in the actual pump. I should have read reviews because apparently this is a common problem. And for the price tag, I might as well actually spend the $25 a month on a primer that comes with MORE in the pump than what E.L.F. does by the time I repurchase throughout a month because there's so little in the package that you use it quickly. It was my own fault for not reading the volume on the packaging, but shame on E.L.F. for wasting that much plastic for THAT LITTLE product. Based on that, I won't repurchase. It's so wasteful, and also misleading. I was a little heartbroken when I saw how little there was and how cheated I felt by a company that I'd endorsed as a great alternative to higher end/over priced cosmetic products.
kao (.
Charlotte, NC
I love this product! It is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up. But other than that it works pretty good for me.
Meschelle S.
Homewood, AL
I have purchased this product numerous times and it really is a good alternative to face primers, than expensive competitors. I did notice that my makeup seemed to apply smoother and stayed in place all day - without getting oily in my T-zone, which is usually a problem for me.  The product was also matte, which I appreciate. I'm not a fan of products that have shimmer, if they are being applied all over the face.

Lastly, be aware that the amount of product in the container is a bit deceiving. The container seems like it contains more than it actually does... but, considering the low price point, it's a fair amount.
Katie O.
Dade City
I have only tried the clear bottle of this product and therefore can only speak for the clear and I like it but I don't love it. I'm not even so sure I like it, it's the kind of product I use when I'm just going somewhere casual or I'm only going to wear my makeup a short amount of time, the reason being that within just a couple hours I'm oily all over again. I really wanted to like it, most people genuinely seem to, but I live in Florida and have oily skin so products really get put to the test when I use them. It's $6 and that's honestly not even very cheap, there's much better drugstore primer options around the same price. Everyone should be careful because I have noticed that this primer can worsen my oiliness and I've even suspected it's been the cause of a few breakouts. I've seen other reviewers saying they suspected this as well. My biggest problem with this primer is that it causes my makeup to slide around into a muddy mess, especially if you use too much. I can not stress this enough, you DO NOT need a full pump. This product is very thick and very siliconey. I've never noticed that it helped reduce the appearance of my pores but there is a specfic one for that. It's also smelly, very smelly.
Jordan E.
I love this primer so much.

I tried a few higher end primers before I purchased this one, but this one takes the cake. I prefer it to higher end primers. It's easy to use, easy on my skin, smells great, and makes my foundation apply very smooth.
I have seen a lot of people complain about the amount of product in the bottle, however that doesnt really bother me considering the price is amazing and I still would prefer it over other primers.
I would recommend this to anyone as it comes in a large variety suitable for any skin type.
Talia P.
Fayetteville, NC
This primer is such a good primer it makes my skin feel so smooth and especially when I do have them pills make sure that my Foundation does not come to a bumpy road but a smooth surface I absolutely love this primer it's so cheap yet so affordable and such a great product to use this product is super cute and are always having Owens dog in case I run out these products right here in elves Cosmetics is so great I love love love health and I'm so glad that they do the things they do you want a great pirate that's for beginners and you want to let it go for Elf
Rebecca M.
Wichita

Marie M.Cameron, NC283 reviewsDec. 20, 2016, 8:05 p.m.Ok, confession time! I have never used a face primer before! :0 I know right? I have oily/combination skin so I have always been afraid to put a primer on instead of just moisturizer. I’ve always been afraid it will clog my pores and cause my skin to crazy!

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer was a very pleasant experience for me so before I dive in with my input let me explain what it does. This is the clear version. They also have it a lavender, green, and beige that all do different facial skin corrections. The clear one was developed to combat excessive oil (HELLO that’s me), flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines so you’re makeup can go on satin smooth. Um, I don’t know about you but this speaks to me!

So it comes out of the bottle as a gel and I was afraid this was going to be heavy but it was nowhere near what I thought it was going to be. It went on so light! It absorbed very quickly and seriously guys I swear my skin transformed right before my eyes. Like literally I kept looking at my skin in the mirror all close and stuff lol! My natural, slightly uneven skin all of a sudden looked smoother and flawless. Like it legit looked like I had a peel done or something! My face felt so silky soft. You could really feel the light minerals in this stuff like a veil over your face. It also smells amazing!

I chose to apply two different types of foundations I use. Medium coverage CoverGirl Clean and full coverage MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The reason I did this is because my face undertone is stuck somewhere in between light and medium so usually I have to mix two different foundations to get the color I need. I also like to cover up my blemishes, breakouts, and uneven skin tone. This excessive layering though usually causes my foundation to slip throughout the day and you can really see some caking sometimes around dry areas of my face that need to be exfoliated.

This worked amazing to prevent slippage. So much so that my face actually felt dry to the touch instead of slightly oily with a bunch of makeup on. I also noticed when removing with a makeup wipe that there was way more makeup on the wipe at the end of the day then usual. While I still had some issues with fine lines showing around my eyes and forehead, it did create a smooth airbrush finish and the caking was way less than usual. For sure going to find a new foundation routine to use with this or switch to a lighter method.

I give this product a 5!
Shari W.
Los Angeles
I have quite red skin on my face, and I try every product I can think of to help camouflage it.  I don't see much difference in redness while using the green formula.  However, it is a nice primer.  It does make your skin very smooth, and makeup goes on very nicely over it.  It's a bit shiny, so it won't help with a matte look.  But if you have dry skin like me, it's nice to have a more dewy finish.  It's not bad, but not tip top either.  The pump dispenser is nice.  It's worth the money.
Shunnie B.
['Toledo', 'OH'], OH
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Primer! Immediately after application, my skin feels so soft! This s the first Primer I have used and I will not go to another. The Primer keeps my Make-Up look awesome all day all I have to do is blot it periodically! It also helps my Make-Up blend amazingly! Usually, it separates from my skin and looks lumpy but with this product, it looks smooth and applies my foundation smoothly!
Danielle L.
Zaleski, OH
I have tried all of Elf Cosmetics, Face Primers, 1.Elf Lavender face primer is for a brighter, even skin tone primer, 2.elf glow primer, gives your skin a illumination or youthful glow while helping keep your makeup in place. 3. Elf Green Primer or (color correcting) is a primer that helps correct any redness on your face, 4.Clear Elf Primer, i assume there meaning the pore reducing primer, All these primers feel like they have a silicone base, which helps hide large pores, but the Elf Pore Erasing Primer in clear does seem to be a thicker silicone formula, All of Elf Cosmetic Primers ive tried are awsome, one complaint though, the bottle they package it in, is decieving if you twist off the top and look inside there is a small container within the bug one and you only get maybe a TBS (table spoon) 1/2 worth of product. The cost of the primers in my area are $6.00, thats not alot of product for the amount.(this is just my honest opinion, i love the primer/formula but that was disappointing) i was told you can get a bugger bottle on line ?
Elvia D.
Does this primer work well on oily skin?
Emily L.
Mount carmel, PA
Looking for a good face primer. I know elf products are a pretty good price. Would anyone recommend this?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good?
Alexus Y.
So I really love elf but i know their products can be cheaply made as well sometimes. Is this a reliable primer??
Deblina B.
Kolkata
Hello. I am very much interested in this product but I would like to know if it is suitable for oily skin or dry skin?