Victoria S.
Farmingville, NY
Review for: Elf Angelic more...
Let me start off by saying that overall I'm a fan of ELF (don't particularly like how they run their instagram contests, but that's a whole other story.) ELF products in general, are either "hit or miss" most of the time. When they do hit however, they hit it out of the park. I have however, found a few "take it or leave it" items from elf lately.

I purchased "Angelic" from elf's 50% off sale that they had about a month ago. I was looking for a color that was soft, light, and well "Angelic-like". Hence why I zeroed in on this particular color.

When I received my package, the first thing I did was try it on my hand. I should already have known how this game goes. Results on your hand are NEVER , I repeat NEVER the same as on your face. On my hand, it was exactly what I was looking for. It was stunning and beautiful. Subtle, innocent, and pretty.

When I tried it on its own, on my eyelid, it was a little pasty looking though. The consistency was powdery, it looked a little too dry, and it was missing that certain element that I love so much about mineral eyeshadows.

Then: I tried pairing it with elf's : Long-lasting lustrous eyeshadow in "Confetti" because I had read that pairing the lustrous eyeshadows with a mineral eyeshadow, looked superb and that it basically enhanced it overall. Well, enhance it did, but not in a good way. Now both "angelic" and "confetti" on its own have a hint of shimmer and a "glitter-esque" quality about them. Personally, I don't mind a little bit of shimmer and (at times) glitter in my makeup products. However this just made me look like it was the 90's and I was an extra in the movie "clueless". As if!! The consistency reminded me of pancake batter a second before its about to dry up. It was bad, and I swear it made my eyes feel heavy. So needless to say, that didn't work.

Then I tried it with elf's eyeshadow "ivory". It comes on it's own and it's apart of their "make your own" palate line. That just enhanced the "dry" feeling, although it was loads better then when I mixed it with "confetti".

So why the 3 stars? Well, I decided that I refused to let this go to waste and I would find some sort of use for it. My hopes were too high, to let me walk away without a fight. So I tried using it as a highlighter on my brow bone, and in the corners of my eyes. This worked out so much better and I was very pleased with the result. It looked soft, subtle, and I looked "awake" (which as a nurse is always a good thing!)