e.l.f. Matte Lip Color
By e.l.f. Cosmetics
#43 in Lipstick
Abbey M.
Abbey M.
Does this dry out your lips because it's matte?
Charlotte M.
Charlotte M.
Springfield Township
2 months, 1 week ago
This is the ONLY matte lipstick that hasn't dried out my lips. No matter what I always apply chapstick first.
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Nope! It doesn't dry mine out...I really like the product.
Ukamaka A.
Ukamaka A.
Worcester, MA
7 months, 2 weeks ago
It does dry it out, a lot actually.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Arlington Hts, IL
9 months, 1 week ago
no! it doesn't dry your lips out at all! I've used chapstick before applying it, and it worked well but didn't last as long. and then I didn't use chapstick once and was shocked at how it didn't feel like my lips were dried out!
Joridiane J.
Joridiane J.
ORLANDO, FL
9 months, 1 week ago
Not at all but you can always use a moisturizer on your lips before applying it. Use something like a little bit of Vaseline or chapstick or a bit of lip gloss.
9 months, 1 week ago
Nope! I usually have a lot of trouble with dry lips, especially in the winter, but this lip product did not make my lips dry. This is actually one of my go to lip products now because it goes on well and has a lasting color. I give it a thumbs up. 👍🏼
Elise B.
Elise B.
Adams, NY
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Mine did not dry out at all. If you use the e.l.f lip exfoliator first it keeps your lips moisturizer
Ashlyn C.
Ashlyn C.
Tucson, AZ
10 months, 1 week ago
Has a creamy finish, not as matte as some lipsticks. However, matte enough to be considered a matte lippie. Comparable to Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes.
Raschele P.
Raschele P.
East Falmouth, MA
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I dont think my lips were changed. They are fine.
Khoree L.
Khoree L.
10 months, 2 weeks ago
No, not all! It's perfect.
Alina N.
Alina N.
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I would actually say that I was very impressed that elf's matte lip products do not dry out your lips !! but they are hard to put on, not super pigmented
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I find it's pretty good - some lipsticks make your lips look prune-y or wrinkled, but this is creamy enough to provide some moisture to prevent that. I do usually keep a chapstick on hand to sort of gloss over the matte lipstick if I find it's starting to feel dry.
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Knoxville, TN
11 months ago
I do exfoliate first, but it is a smooth texture and the formula is less matte than most matte lipsticks. It does not dry out my lips at all.
Mellisa R.
Mellisa R.
Brooklyn, NY
1 year ago
Not at all. Its matte but not a harsh matte like some MAC lipsticks. It still has a creamy finish
Carlee A.
Carlee A.
Dothan, AL
1 year, 7 months ago
No it doesn't
Amber f.
Amber f.
1 year, 8 months ago
If you don't exfoliate and hydrate you lips daily then yes it will dry it out , like most mattes . But if you do all that on a daily then it will not dry them out and make you lips look and feel nice and smooth (:
Jessica V.
Jessica V.
1 year, 9 months ago
It doesn't dry out my lips at all
Kaitlyn S.
Kaitlyn S.
1 year, 9 months ago
I feel the matte is more just how the color looks, it doesn't dry out my lips personally, but if yours do easily I'd put on Chapstick a little before!
lizz c.
lizz c.
1 year, 10 months ago
No its very creamy and thin
Allison L.
Allison L.
Indianapolis, IN
1 year, 11 months ago
I feel it can be quite drying but they come in beautiful colors
Natasha D.
Natasha D.
1 year, 11 months ago
I don't feel like this product is drying at all! they're very comfortable!
Jordyn N.
Jordyn N.
Lake Zurich, IL
2 years ago
In my opinion it does a little bit, but the color payoff is great! If you were to get one I would recommend putting on a lip balm or Chapstick before and it will be fine.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Holland, MI
2 years ago
If you make sure you exfoliate, these elf products are awesome!