13 varieties available
e.l.f. Matte Lip Color
4.24 / 5 based on 7,119 Reviews
This convenient lip pencil creates exact color application with twist up ease. The pigment rich color glides on effortlessly and easily to provide long lasting matte color. The enriched Vitamin A, C & E formula moisturizes and hydrates lips for beautiful healthy looking lips. Sharpener included.
HOW TO USE
- Apply to lips and blend in color.
- Use alone or layer with your favorite lip gloss shade for a glossy effect.
Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Synthetic Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyisobutene, Neotame, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Ascorbic Acid (Vc), Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)see more...
Top Questions See all 962 Q&A
e.l.f. Matte Lip Color
- "This has the perfect amount of pigments. the colors are so bold and creamy. it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything at all and leaves your lips silky smooth. Highly recommend " in 442 reviews
- "I can honestly this is my go to color for the last couple of months. I have it in the shade coral and it's beautiful. It's very matte which I love and I love how it is in the pen like form. It's very long lasting but I always apply Chapstick first. " in 368 reviews
- "I haven't worn or bought lipstick in a very long time but thanks to Elf's prices, Ive been more interested lately :) I love these so much! I got natural and tea rose. I love these paired with my luscious liquid lipstick in baby lips. Will be purchasing more for sure!" in 248 reviews
- "I love this product! I found mine at Marshall's, so it was even more discounted; but, at $3.00 you can't really beat it. I love the matte finish, but the product is still very smooth and hydrating. I have the shade Tea Rose which is an amazing muted pink. The extra bonus here is that e.l.f. is cruelty free!" in 205 reviews
Review for: PRALINE more...
I totally bought this product because of the price, it was very cheap and affordable and I’ve had elf lip sticks before and they were fine. But this color was not the color I was hoping for. Online and the swatches as well as the color of the packaging, it looks like it was a brownish red but it was tan when I put it on so I am very disappointed
Review for: TEA ROSE more...
I don’t like this product. the color is not at all what I expected it to look like on my lips. the formula is creamy but waxy. the color is more purple than I expected to be. at the end of the lip pencil, there is a sharpener which is useful but I don’t use this product a lot to use the sharpener. this product is from elf cosmetics which is known to be very good quality. considering the price, I guess it’s good quality. it’s not the best but not the worst. there are many other shades, but this shade was not my favorite.
Review for: WINE more...
So, I bought two of these colors at Target to try out. I’ve had great luck with elf brushes before and thought I would actually test their cosmetics. I was a little disappointed with these though... the colors were very pretty when swatched but stayed on for less than an hour. The texture felt a little too greasy for me and feathered pretty badly. (Maybe try a good liner next time?) I even tried dusting some setting powder over a tissue and applying that, but it didn’t help. I used one of the colors I bought to write a message to my fiancée on the bathroom mirror. That’s about all it worked for, unfortunately.
Q & A
What is your favorite color?
What kind of elf lipstick do you prefer, matte or glossy?
Does this dry out your lips because it's matte?
Is this worth it?? They look beautiful and I'm always looking for nice matte lipsticks, but I've never tried ELF for that.
I love all the colors that are offered for this product! Is the pigmentation just as good when applied? How long does it last?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos