BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #44 in Lipstick

This convenient jumbo-sized lip pencil creates exact color application with twist-up ease. The pigment rich color glides on effortlessly to provide long lasting matte color. Enriched with Vitamin A, C & E to help moisturize and hydrate lips.

How to use:

Apply to lips and blend in color. Use alone or layer with your favorite lip gloss.

Karielle Stephanie G.
Sacramento, CA
This is one of my all-time favorite drugstore lipstick formulations. It's not completely matte - in fact, it has a bit of a shine to it and isn't transfer-proof. I don't mind this because I normally find completely matte lipsticks to be too drying. It is, however, quite comfortable on the lips and last a pretty long time. They are VERY pigmented with just one swipe, and I love how the slim shape makes it easy to apply with precision.

A note about the colors: They don't apply on me EXACTLY how they appear on the computer swatches or on their caps. I tried the shade Wine, which I thought would be a merlot, berry color, but it actually leaned quite red on me. A veeery slightly pinkish red, but definitely not dark or berry. I also tried Tea Rose, which I thought would be a cool-toned nude pink, but it was actually more nude than mauve. I'm fine with both colors, but just know the shades are not exactly what you think!

Bonus Tip: The end of the tube pops off and there's a sharpener inside! Just in case your crayon tip dulls down and you want a sharper point. I personally don't use it because the pencil is twist-up anyway and I don't like wasting product, but if you like a really pointy end or want to use this as a lipliner, the sharpener is always there as an option.
Malia R.
This jumbo lipstick makes applying the color accurate, being an easy-to-use resource without having to sharpen the spike (it includes a sharpener in the base so you want to get the tip). It easily becomes a long-lasting color companion. Enriched with Vitamin A, C & E, its moisturizing formula helps keep beautiful lips looking healthy.

It's applied on the lips as we normally do, and you can add a layer of your favorite shade with glitter for a glossy effect.

I like the hydration that keeps the lips even being a partner, it's not a mate like others but if it's a very beautiful color, it is not long lasting as it promises, something to eat something to take little disappear little by little (Common and current). It's handy to carry in the wallet or a small bag, I liked it a lot since there is no allergic reaction (I'm in love with 1000% of Elf Cosmetics). Would I buy it again? Yes, although it's not of long duration it's price and it's quality (did not give me the allergic reaction) do that I want to have several colors.
Stephany M.
Charlotte, NC
I received the color Wine in my e.l.f. VoxBox. I was hesitant at first because I thought it would be much darker against my fair skin, but to my surprise it is a gorgeous berry color! There are a few features about this lip product that I love, including the pigmentation, pointed tip, sharpener, and the how versatile it is!
The pigmentation is wonderful! This goes on opaque with no streaks. The pointed tip makes is easy to get sharp lines around the lips. The built in sharpener keeps the tip pointed and ready to go at all times, without having to hunt down a sharpener.
As for versatility, this can be applied full on to give a deep berry lip or can be applied lightly and sheered out for a nice berry stain. This matte lip color is actually quite comfortable. There is a nice creaminess that you can feel throughout the day. Though it's a matte, it does not dry down completely and will transfer, but I don't mind that so much.
Overall, I think this is a wonderful product and I will be buying more colors!
Morgan P.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this lip color considering the super cheap $3 price. The first thing about this lip color that impressed me was the ease and precision of application. It was very easy to line my lips with and went on smoothly when I filled them in. The sheen was not quite as matte as other matte lip colors that I've used, though. I would classify this more as a semi-matte, which I prefer anyways. I expected this lip color to be very drying, but it was actually hardly drying at all. What impressed me the most, though, was how long lasting this lip color is. I applied it at 7:00 am, and it survived a stressful exam, lunch, and an afternoon full of errands. I thought it would be mostly gone even before lunch and especially afterwards, but it was still there! A little bit faded, but still evenly applied and still very pigmented. Even at 11:00 pm when I removed my makeup, I still had a pretty pink tinge to my lips. I received this complimentary for testing.
ashli m.
atlanta, GA
Here is my honest review for the e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color in the shade Wine. First off, when I removed the cap from this product, the lip color had a noticeable coating on it. I had to lightly wipe the layer off to get to the actual lip color. This product can be both your lip liner and lip color fill-in. I started off by lining my lips with this multi-use lip color. It was not an easy task! The pencil/lip color felt dry and would not glide well. This was even on top of my well exfoliated and oiled lips. I finally got my lips lined decently, then filled my lips in all the way. My lips felt weird, not quite dry, but like they were covered in a hard wax. The appearance was as if I had applied a crayon to my lips. Very patchy and definitely not the usual shade of Wine! I don't know what shade this would be, because it was not solid and did not look good. I changed lip colors before leaving my home, because it was so bad. That is a rarity for me.
Sonia C.
Long Beach, CA
This lip color is basically like a jumbo lip pencil with a twist-up application. There is even a sharpener at the base of this lip color.

Although this lip color is advertised as “matte,” I find that there is still a noticeable sheen that appears on the lips. This might be due to the fact that it contains Vitamin A, C & E, which isn’t actually a bad thing as it does help prevent your lips from drying out.

This lip color comes in a variety of nude, pink, and red colors. The wine color that I received is actually pretty pigmented and comes off as a sort of deep strawberry tone.

If you are not a matte liquid lipstick enthusiast like me, then you might like and appreciate this matte lip color. But for me, I prefer my lipsticks more pigmented and dried down to a SUPER matte finish. I can definitely see this as a quick throw on lip color, but not really something I will reach for intentionally.
Stephanie S.
Eugene , OR
I just bought some ELF products, and decided to try 3 of the matte lip colors. I got the shades Natural, Praline, and Bold Red. Natural is a good nude color, but I think it may be a little too nude for my skin tone/natural lip color, and it seems to accentuate dryness and lines more than the other two colors. Praline is a nice pinky brown somewhat nude color, and I may use it as an every day color at work sometimes. Bold Red is a limited edition (at least that's what the website said) shade, and is a beautiful red color. They have a creamy texture and glide on smooth, and are pretty matte but not drying on the lips. The bottom of the packaging shows the color, and you can pull it off and it's a sharpener/shaper. Overall great product, and you cannot beat the price!!
Haley G.
Denton, MD
I received the elf matte lip color in my #elfcosmetics #voxbox in wine. I was really excited to try it because I absolutely LOVE chunky lip liners that can be used as both a liner or a full coverage lipstick. The color is a gorgeous pinky red that would be absolutely perfect for the holidays. I swatched it on my arm and it looked pretty pink but, when I applied to to my lips it appeared much more red. The color doesn't look great on me which is a bummer. Aside from the color issue, the texture is smooth and glides nicely and it even lasted through my morning coffee before a reapply was needed. I don't think I would go so far as to call it a matte finish though. It isn't glossy like a lip gloss but the finish is no different from your average basic tube lipstick.
Nida Q.
Review for: FUCHSIA
Love love love this product!!!! It's the best for any skin type! I love this brand! It meet all my expectations!!!! Never miss out on this brand for anything!! I will buy this again and again!! Never switch it with any other brand. These lipsticks are awesome!!!! The color pay off is great and these lipsticks don't dry out your lips at all they stay on for a long period of time. I love these lipsticks because the colors are very true and rich on the skin. They're moisturizing and the colors can look good on any skin color. These are a must try!!! This brand is awesome and their products are very very very affordable. These lipsticks can be paired with lip gloss or Chapstick for a great shiny glossy look.
Alyssa F.
I received this product for free for review purposes from influenster and elf! The packaging of this product is very nice quality for elf. The lip pencil is a twist style so no sharpening is needed. I noticed upon opening that the lip color had a little bit of a waxy sheen texture to it. That would come off after applying for the first time. I'm not a huge fan of the wax texture from a brand new product. The color pay off is okay....but a little smudgey. I feel like there are a lot of better reds out there compared to this. The color is called "wine" but I don't feel like it is dark enough to be considered a wine color. It's more of a apple red on me. I like it but it's not a favorite.
Anastasia V.
Kimberly, ID
What is your favorite color?
Renay S.
Edgewater, CO
What kind of elf lipstick do you prefer, matte or glossy?
Abbey M.
Does this dry out your lips because it's matte?
Hope B.