BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #34 in Lip Stain

Get beautiful precision color that lasts for hours with this pigment rich lip stain marker. The pen-like tip lets you draw on color easily for a streak & smudge free professional look. Infused with nourishing vitamin e to hydrate and moisturize lips. see more...

• How long is this product supposed to last in a day?1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to find a good lip stain and wanted to know if ...3 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 2 Answers
Sarah B.
Review for: Crimson Crush
For such a cheap product, it lasts really well! It takes a while to build up the color, and get it to look even. But once you've got it it'll last quite a while. I even wore it to an outdoor music festival (in Texas in the middle of Summer) and it lasted through the day! The biggest downside is I feel like I only got a couple uses before it dried up and I couldn't get much product to come out. And again, you have to work with it for a while before it'll build to a nice even color. But over all, considering the price, it's a pretty good deal!
morgan c.
Catonsville, MD
Review for: Nude Nectar, Hot Tamale, Berry Blush, Hot Tamale
I really wanted to like these. E.L.F's other lip products have worked great for me in the past, and I hope that this one would as well. It is pretty difficult to apply. When I try, I'm often left with a streaky mess. It takes many layers to get a decent color, and this is difficult to do without streaking. It also doesn't feel too nice; it's pretty dry. The product is super affordable, so I'm not too disappointed, but I wish the formula were a little bit better.
Meagan B.
Texarkana
Review for: Nude Nectar
I first tried Revlon Lip Stain, I liked it but it left steaks and wanted to find something similar. I came across this is for $2 omg I love it! I loved the color it created on my already pink lips. Before application I do advise proper lip exfoliation and moisturizer to avoid dryness. The product itself does not dry out your lips but if will cling to the dry skin on your lips and stain it darker. I will definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone who loves a good lipstain!
Haley W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I didn't know better, I would've thought this was a magic marker. The tip looks like a marker, and it's quite painful to apply the product. I have the shade Pink Petal. It barely shows up. It's not long wearing. I don't recommend it.
Jessica S.
Zanesville, OH
I use this in the summer when I don't want something heavy or drying on my lips. I wear it under chapstick. It's not very pigmented but is build able. It takes maybe 4 swipes to get it really pink. I wear 2 for a natural color.
Stephanie W.
Sterling Hts, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of my FAVORITE lipstains! They are cheap enough to replace when my kids dump my purse everywhere, but durable enough that I can wait till I get home in a few hours to touch up my smile (if i even need to!) Lip stains by default kind of dry your lips out, but e.l.f. does not dry to the point of cracking or odd looking puckering. The colors stay vibrant, and while the applicater makes me feel like im coloring with a marker, its easy to apply precisely.
Lauren S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this in a bright pink color. I like it, but it isn't great. It dries your lips out, which I never would have expected from a stain. It does last for a long time, but sometimes becomes patchy. It's a little complicated to reapply and maintain consistent color without removing the remainder of the original application first. I wouldn't really recommend this product, but it's nice if you're in desperate need of a quick and cheap lip stain.
Leidi R.
Taylorsville, UT
Review for: Pink Petal
I love the color of Nude Nectar on me (olive complexion, dark hair) but it does not last even as long as conventional lipstick so I'm constantly having to reapply. I bought a stain so I would not have to do that so I will continue with my search for a long-lasting lip stain.
Stephanie G.
It works but it also doesn't. Given it three stars for the pretty berry color and price. Doesn't last long. You do have to keep running it over to actually get a darker color. It's really cheap though so that's the great thing about it!
nicole r.
Weatherford, TX
Great color!

It does dry your lips out. I use an elf clear gloss over the top with a hint of sparkle in it. It does NOT look glittery but it does give the stain some shine.

It fades into a good natural color. It does not wash off easy.  Kind of peely infact.

It might last you a month. It doesn't have a great # of applications in it, however it is $2. Pretty good product for the price.
Rebekah H.
Greenville, SC
A lot of lip stains make my lips feel dried out. How does this one compare?
Kelcee D.
Do you like this lip stain? Does it last long? Thank you.
Holly F.
Wooster, OH
Are these lip stains matte or glossy? And how do they actually last?
Ally T.
Canonsburg, PA
Julie V.
Do they dry out quickly?