BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #34 in Lip Stain

Get beautiful precision color that lasts for hours with this pigment rich lip stain marker. The pen-like tip lets you draw on color easily for a streak & smudge free professional look. Infused with nourishing vitamin e to hydrate and moisturize lips. see more...

• How long is this product supposed to last in a day?1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to find a good lip stain and wanted to know if ...3 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 2 Answers
April H.
La Vergne, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this thing! It isn't the easiest to apply (I recommend applying gloss or something first ) but the color is bright and long lasting. Plus, you can layer it for deeper color. I have never been one to rock a bright red lip, but I stumbled onto this stain on clearance for $1 at my grocery store and had to try it. I'm so glad I did! I apply a gloss, then 2-3 layers of thus on top and my lips are "poppin" for hours. It shows up perfectly in photos and is a great color that seems to work well, even with ghost pale skin like mine. Definitely worth a try!
Gladys A.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Review for: Nude Nectar
As of right now, I don't like this ELF product. The brush like marker is a pain to use. It's not hard but the fact that you have no control over how much product comes out is annoying. I had so much pour on my bottom lip and than trying to get it on my upper lip was not easy.
And it would streak. I would go back to go over it but half of my lip had so much product on it, I try to make the rest of it match and i just ended up with 2 different shades.
And the 2 seconds that I took a sip of my tea, the color is already fading.
For 3 bucks I wasn't expecting much but man am I disappointed in it.
Rachel S.
Stillwater, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought two shades of this stain, a berry color and a pink color.
The idea is nice but I never felt that the tip of the pen was saturated with enough product to apply it right.
After first applying they looked nice and I was excited for what I thought would be a long wearing stain, I went about my day and checked the mirror to find the color was worn off and splotchy. This is especially true with the darker colors.
You get what you pay for I guess, not impressed!
Alyssa Y.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just got this and so far I LOVE IT. I use to buy covergirl lip stain for years and loved it so much. When I went to buy it again I couldn't find it anymore (I think they discontinued it) so when I found elf lip stain and for that price?! It was a no brainer. I typically use stains as a nice base for my more pigmented liquid lipsticks but this is also a great just every day slap on color. ❤️
Tracie C.
Export, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
They're okay. I have two and I like the colors enough. They're pigmented, but only when you layer the color. Like a marker, if you want darker shades you need to layer more stain. The brush applicator is also rather dry and you need to put it hard against your lips to get color. Its also hard to control how much pigment goes on. They last a decent amount of time but you will need to touch up. e.l.f. Lip Stain
Vee T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was so disappointed :( I tried this product twice and it did not go well. It clung to any and all dry skin on my lips. It looked so bad even my boyfriend said something. I think the wine stained lip trend is cool, but this product won't allow you to achieve it. Elf has amazing products for low cost, I would recommend trying some of their other lip products, but staying away from this one.
Hannah P.
Oxnard, CA
Y'all this is my go to product.
This and mascara alone will brighten up a naked face so perfectly for an easy, beautiful look when you just aren't feeling like spending time on your face!
Stays pigmented for about 5 hours before needing reapplication, and pairs well with any chap stick for a healthy blushed lip color with no hassle or touch up necessary.
kelly p.
Queen creek, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like this product because it is super easy to apply. It feels like I am using a marker to stain my lips which is cool because I can line my lips before applying the stain all over. It stays on pretty well and also looks good with a light sweep of clear lip gloss. It does not leave lines in the cracks of my lips. For the price it is a great product and e.l.f has many colors to choose from.
Sarah B.
Review for: Crimson Crush
For such a cheap product, it lasts really well! It takes a while to build up the color, and get it to look even. But once you've got it it'll last quite a while. I even wore it to an outdoor music festival (in Texas in the middle of Summer) and it lasted through the day! The biggest downside is I feel like I only got a couple uses before it dried up and I couldn't get much product to come out. And again, you have to work with it for a while before it'll build to a nice even color. But over all, considering the price, it's a pretty good deal!
morgan c.
Catonsville, MD
Review for: Nude Nectar, Hot Tamale, Berry Blush, Hot Tamale
I really wanted to like these. E.L.F's other lip products have worked great for me in the past, and I hope that this one would as well. It is pretty difficult to apply. When I try, I'm often left with a streaky mess. It takes many layers to get a decent color, and this is difficult to do without streaking. It also doesn't feel too nice; it's pretty dry. The product is super affordable, so I'm not too disappointed, but I wish the formula were a little bit better.
Rebekah H.
Greenville, SC
A lot of lip stains make my lips feel dried out. How does this one compare?
Kelcee D.
Do you like this lip stain? Does it last long? Thank you.
Holly F.
Wooster, OH
Are these lip stains matte or glossy? And how do they actually last?
Ally T.
Canonsburg, PA
Julie V.
Do they dry out quickly?