BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #29 in Lip Stain

Get beautiful precision color that lasts for hours with this pigment rich lip stain marker. The pen-like tip lets you draw on color easily for a streak & smudge free professional look. Infused with nourishing vitamin e to hydrate and moisturize lips. see more...

• How long is this product supposed to last in a day?1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to find a good lip stain and wanted to know if ...3 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 2 Answers
Allie L.
This was the first lip stain I ever bought and I'm pretty happy with it. It takes a little bit longer to put on than a regular lipstick or balm since the applicator comes to a fine point. It works best if you rub the bulk of it across your lip and use the point to do your cupid's bow. For me, it lasted from the morning and came off a bit during lunch. It faded before dinner because I didn't feel like reapplying it. It does dry quickly, so you'll have to fix mistakes pretty fast and make sure you put balm on top of it when you're done. It didn't dry out my lips any more than normal in the winter, but I usually apply chapstick regularly anyway.
Danielle S.
Review for: Nude Nectar
I have two different shades of this lip stain and love it. The hubby hates when I kiss him wearing anything on my lips, whether chapstick, lipstick, or even a gloss, so this is a total win for me. It lasts most of the day, only needing a fresh application after I brush my teeth or if I happen to indulge in a popcicle or something. Otherwise, it stays and stays. The applicator is pretty stiff as other reviews mentioned, which takes some getting used to, but for the price and the quality, it can't be beat! This is my favorite summertime shade, with Berry Blush my wintertime go to. If you haven't already, it's worth the $1-$3 to try it out!
Nathaly K.
Sun City, CA
This may be generous review, but the quality of this product is ridiculous for only one dollar if you ask me. I own this in the dark red as well as the orange peach color bottles. The labels of the colors have come off so I'm it sure of the actually title. Cons are that after a while it smells really weird, like wet rags that never dried. I have bought the dark red two times and the first time the color showed great and the second time I bought it the color was not going out as nicely. So I think you just have to get lucky sometimes. Personally, I think it's still all great since it is so cheap.
Amber T.
Dublin, CA
Review for: Nude Nectar
My friend Chelsey loved the red version of this and wears it all the time, she suggested this product to me while we were in Walgreens. I've never used anything from elf that I've been crazy about but this was actually really good. The thing that I couldn't get behind is the fact it was marketed as nude and it pulled a very unnatural reddish brown on me. The applicator wasn't very user friendly either think a cheap marker tip with absolutely no give in either direction. I could however use Chapstick and it didn't alter the color or remove product. No smell.
Heather B.
Honestly this product just really disappointed me. I love elf products and I always have and I was so excited to try this out. But when I actually put it on my lips, I had to press down really hard on my lips to get any kind of pigmentation. Then after applying this to not even half of my bottom lip, the actual marker dried out. I waited about 10 minutes and it regained a bit of its pigmentation, AND throughout the day it faded in the most random spots. Not to mention how DRY this product was. It's most certainly not worth the money. Very disappointed.
Jaclyn H.
Gainesville, FL
Review for: Berry Blush
I LOVE this lip stain. I put it on, wait for it to dry, and do another application - how many applications I do depends how dark I'm wanting it that day. I have had GREAT results from it. I've had it last pretty solidly for 8 hours before! I do reapply some if I feel I need it (I'm a chapstick addict as well, so that can make a difference too lol). The biggest thing I'd say is to make sure your lips are smooth beforehand - if they're dry & flaky this will look AWFUL & it won't stay as long.
Ashley H.
Alamogordo, NM
Review for: Berry Blush
I am definitely not a lipstick person so I decided to try this out to add a little color to my face. I was very impressed with how well this product worked. It went on easily, the color lasted quite a while, and it didn't give the flaky appearance that sometimes lipstick can do. I like the marker like tip of it, which allows me to outline my lips and fill them in completely. I will definitely be purchasing this product again, hopefully in more colors.
Marianna S.
Somerville, MA
I love the precision and pigmentation of this product. The value is great for such an inexpensive price. I like the marker type application because it's so easy to apply. I can even do it without looking. The only real downfall is that it is a bit drying on your lips, and the tip of the marker tends to dry out too- just like a regular marker would. I recommend this product. I love the darker colors, Crimson, berry, red carpet
Logan J.
North Brunswick, NJ
The color is beautiful but the actual product not so much. The pen tip is very hard to work with. The color applied patchy on my lips and looked horrible. When applying, it pulled on my lips. After one application the tip of the stain looked damaged. I wish the tip was softer so maybe it would have a better application. I love e.l.f. cosmetics but I will not be purchasing this particular lip stain again.
Jolisia R.
So I bought this with very high hopes and little money in my pocket and I have to say I was disappointed as soon as I popped the cap and saw it was a marker. The smell smells exactly like a elementary school washable markers, soooo much chemical, the color is fine if you can get it on evenly , if not it's all spotty and not.. just not.. they really missed the mark with this one..
Rebekah H.
Greenville, SC
A lot of lip stains make my lips feel dried out. How does this one compare?
Kelcee D.
Do you like this lip stain? Does it last long? Thank you.
Holly F.
Wooster, OH
Are these lip stains matte or glossy? And how do they actually last?
Ally T.
Washington, PA
Julie V.
Do they dry out quickly?