e.l.f. Lip Stain
By e.l.f. Cosmetics
#32 in Lip Stain
Holly F.
Wooster, OH

Are these lip stains matte or glossy? And how do they actually last?

Abby H.
Abby H.
Great Bend, KS
1 year, 8 months ago
These stains are matte. The texture and application are like using a marker to color your lips. I apply the stain to bare, dry lips and let them dry before coating with a clear gloss or balm. In my experience, the clear coat smooths any slight unevenness in color and protects the stain for long wear.
Kelsey L.
Kelsey L.
1 year, 8 months ago
Hi Holly! These lip stains are all matte. But you can apply a clear lip gloss on top and that will actually make the stain last a lot longer! :)
Sahar B.
Sahar B.
Glendale Hts, IL
1 year, 8 months ago
Definitely matte. They last quite a while , they don't transfer onto cups but may need to be reapplied depending on what you eat. For the price I think they're a nice pop of color on the lips if you're trying to keep it simple but cute.
Genevieve M.
Genevieve M.
MESA, AZ
1 year, 8 months ago
It's matte, but it only last like an hour..
Holly L.
Holly L.
1 year, 8 months ago
This is a matte lip stain and it will last super long...until you get it wet. Then it may become lighter or move on you but it's a really good product for super cheap.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
1 year, 8 months ago
They're matte. For me, I'm usually good applying it once a day, but that's more if I don't put on a lip balm before/after. Then I might reapply once.