7 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #26 in Lip Stain

Get beautiful precision color that lasts for hours with this pigment rich lip stain marker. The pen-like tip lets you draw on color easily for a streak & smudge free professional look. Infused with nourishing vitamin e to hydrate and moisturize lips. see more...

• How long is this product supposed to last in a day?1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to find a good lip stain and wanted to know if th...3 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 2 Answers
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Review for: Crimson Crush
I bought this today to try out simply because it was cheap. I had a tube of stuff upper lip stain from younique that was a bright red but I ran out and couldn't afford to buy more right now so I figured for $2 I could give the elf lip stain a shot as a temporary replacement till I buy more of my usual lip stain. It was ok. The color was the bright red I was expecting and I love it. The application was weird though, since it is basically a marker. It took a few seconds to set and dry, while it was still wet-ish it was sticky and messy. Once it dried it was matte and didn't smudge off. However I did end up with pink teeth from it coming off of the inside part of my lip. It seems like once it gets a bit wet it comes off. Not exactly what I was hoping for but for the price I can't complain. I love the color and may even buy a couple different shades.
Susan S.
Susan S.
Denver, CO
Review for: Nude Nectar
I found this to be all cons, no pros, and I am "that person" in the group who ALWAYS finds at least One thing positive!!
Sadly, I found this product to be very very drying, my lips were peeking in big chunks in less than 2 hours. It went on extremely streaky as well. The more you tried to correct, the more you pulled off elsewhere, leaving yet another streak.
I did try it 4 times, because I REALLY loved the color, & WANTED to love it! Ivan say, it DOES stain your lips, that is very true, but the chapped & bleeding lips & streaks were simply to much for me in the end. Perhaps I should have used a balm over it...as I look back now, but that would not solve the streaks issue💋😢
Allie L.
Allie L.
This was the first lip stain I ever bought and I'm pretty happy with it. It takes a little bit longer to put on than a regular lipstick or balm since the applicator comes to a fine point. It works best if you rub the bulk of it across your lip and use the point to do your cupid's bow. For me, it lasted from the morning and came off a bit during lunch. It faded before dinner because I didn't feel like reapplying it. It does dry quickly, so you'll have to fix mistakes pretty fast and make sure you put balm on top of it when you're done. It didn't dry out my lips any more than normal in the winter, but I usually apply chapstick regularly anyway.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Review for: Nude Nectar
I have two different shades of this lip stain and love it. The hubby hates when I kiss him wearing anything on my lips, whether chapstick, lipstick, or even a gloss, so this is a total win for me. It lasts most of the day, only needing a fresh application after I brush my teeth or if I happen to indulge in a popcicle or something. Otherwise, it stays and stays. The applicator is pretty stiff as other reviews mentioned, which takes some getting used to, but for the price and the quality, it can't be beat! This is my favorite summertime shade, with Berry Blush my wintertime go to. If you haven't already, it's worth the $1-$3 to try it out!
Nathaly K.
Nathaly K.
Sun City, CA
This may be generous review, but the quality of this product is ridiculous for only one dollar if you ask me. I own this in the dark red as well as the orange peach color bottles. The labels of the colors have come off so I'm it sure of the actually title. Cons are that after a while it smells really weird, like wet rags that never dried. I have bought the dark red two times and the first time the color showed great and the second time I bought it the color was not going out as nicely. So I think you just have to get lucky sometimes. Personally, I think it's still all great since it is so cheap.
Chelsey T.
Chelsey T.
Erie, PA
Review for: Nude Nectar
I really do like the color. I normally don't go for darker berry colors but I figured I'd try this out. It is very drying but it's also a lip stain so it's not meant to moisturize it's just meant to give you long lasting color. I know stains on general aren't going to give you as a strong color as a lip stick would but I still enjoy the color this stain gives me.
I see a lot of negative comments on here about how it's very drying but you'll find that with most lip stains. Again its not supposed to moisturize your lips it's just suppose to give you a long lasting color.
Amber T.
Amber T.
Dublin, CA
Review for: Nude Nectar
My friend Chelsey loved the red version of this and wears it all the time, she suggested this product to me while we were in Walgreens. I've never used anything from elf that I've been crazy about but this was actually really good. The thing that I couldn't get behind is the fact it was marketed as nude and it pulled a very unnatural reddish brown on me. The applicator wasn't very user friendly either think a cheap marker tip with absolutely no give in either direction. I could however use Chapstick and it didn't alter the color or remove product. No smell.
Heather B.
Heather B.
Honestly this product just really disappointed me. I love elf products and I always have and I was so excited to try this out. But when I actually put it on my lips, I had to press down really hard on my lips to get any kind of pigmentation. Then after applying this to not even half of my bottom lip, the actual marker dried out. I waited about 10 minutes and it regained a bit of its pigmentation, AND throughout the day it faded in the most random spots. Not to mention how DRY this product was. It's most certainly not worth the money. Very disappointed.
Erin B.
Erin B.
Harrisburg, PA
Every time im at my local old navy i ALWAYS throw one of these in with my purchase. This is my go to lip product. I have a really hard time using glosses and sticks because they cause my lips to feel greasy and unnatural. After applying this product you completely forget its there. Theres no drying of any sort. I like to apply it and top it with a clear chap stick just to add some shine. Either way this product is great. For the measly $2 ive been purchasing it for, i cant see myself stopping any time soon.
Jaclyn H.
Jaclyn H.
Gainesville, FL
Review for: Berry Blush
I LOVE this lip stain. I put it on, wait for it to dry, and do another application - how many applications I do depends how dark I'm wanting it that day. I have had GREAT results from it. I've had it last pretty solidly for 8 hours before! I do reapply some if I feel I need it (I'm a chapstick addict as well, so that can make a difference too lol). The biggest thing I'd say is to make sure your lips are smooth beforehand - if they're dry & flaky this will look AWFUL & it won't stay as long.
Rebekah H.
Rebekah H.
Greenville, SC
A lot of lip stains make my lips feel dried out. How does this one compare?
Julie V.
Julie V.
Do they dry out quickly?
Ally T.
Ally T.
Washington, PA
Holly F.
Holly F.
Wooster, OH
Are these lip stains matte or glossy? And how do they actually last?
Kelcee D.
Kelcee D.
Do you like this lip stain? Does it last long? Thank you.