BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

• Elf is a good brand?80 Answers
  • I've been wanting to try it is it very expensive?9 Answers
Andrea Q.
Barker, TX
I first have to say I love the brand. It's affordable, easy to find in stores and good quality. I bought this exfoliator in Old Navy, not expecting to find it there. Once I did, I was happy with my purchase because I had only spent 4 dollars! I had seen beauty bloggers use it before but I had never used it. Once I did, it was magnificent! Now every time I apply lipstick, I put it first. I have small lips so it kinda pumps them, as well as it leaves them soft and perfect. I really love the taste of the coconut butter, it's awesome. I will buy it again once I ran out of product, but for now, I'm super happy about it!
Jenny G.
Evanston, IL
I heard about this product years ago and bought one of the brown ones at a drugstore. It's a great product with innovative design. Instead of other lip scrubs that come in a pot, this one is shaped like lipstick, so all you have to do is swipe on and wipe off. It's a great way to prime your lips for lipstick and keep them soft. I recently got the mint one through the e.l.f. vox box and liked it as well. Only downside is that is it easily smooshed with use.
cynthia s.
Baton Rouge, LA
I bought this a few year ago and used it about 6 times. It was too abrassive. The sugar granuals were too large and it hurts to use this scrub. I threw mine out and moved to pot lip scrubs. I recently found the Sephora Honey lip scrub. It works so much better for my lips. The sugar is more refined, but it still works great. The cost of this lip scrub is great and if it doesn't bother you to make your lips raw from scrubbing, this would be a great cheap scrub for you. For my sensitive lips, this was horrible. I would not recommend or repurchase...
Shahadah E.
This product makes your lips look amazing! This is the first time I have used this product and I'm never going without it again. The packaging is super simple and clean cut. I recommend this product to everyone whether you wear makeup or not. You can find this product at target.
Dia D.
Hueytown, AL
Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love E.L.F. as a brand. They make some of the best affordable drugstore products on the market so of course when I saw that they had released a lip exfoliator I had to have it. But I have kind of a love/hate relationship with it. When I first purchase it is absolutely adore it but then when I go to use it again the top layer has dried out. So I end up having to scrape off the top layer everytime I go to use it therefore I end up wasting a lot of the product which I hate. I know it's super cheap so it's not like I'm losing a lot of money but still I don't like having to do that.
Amber F.
Glasgow, KY
I adore mint. So much so that I've began hand-crafting a variety of natural beauty products due to my mint-obsession. Thankfully, beauty products are starting to utilize mint, allowing me to enjoy my favorite scent without all the work. So, of all the products in the e.l.f VoxBox, I was most excited to try the e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator. This product has the slight scent and pale color of mint surrounded by a matte black tube the size of classic lipstick. It appeared smooth and well defined, without any appearance of fingerprints or human handling. Application was interesting. I've never applied lipstick with a texture! It felt as though I was applying a sugary chapstick. That sounds unpleasant, but actually it was oddly relaxing and perfectly suited for a daily or weekly home spa beauty ritual to add to my regimen. I found that the ingredients do work quite well as my lips were smoother, softer and the edges far less dry for detailed lipstick application. There was zero oily residue despite the oils (Vitamin E, Shea, Avocado, Grape, Jojoba) in the ingredients. The fact that this exfoliator was contained within a lipstick tube prevented issues with mess and allowed for ease of application. It is just firm enough to apply without breaking while smoothly applying without using too much at one time. The taste however was a bit less pleasant. It's not designed for ingestion anyway, but being a lip product, it happens. However, totally worth any momentary oral confusion upon forgetting to not lick your lips during application. I'll be adding this to my favorites just because it works at it's only $3, so I can use all I want without feeling guilty. It's also great for use on other skin areas though this isn't exactly the recommended usage. Funniest thing though, I found a typo on the rear of the box! :)
Janine K.
I received the mint maniac flavor from Influenster for FREE in my e.l.f. voxbox and I am so excited! I love a good mint lip exfoliator. My lips are very sensitive and I can't use a lot of products (drugstore or high end), so I was really excited when my lips didn't become dry or start turning purple! This product is affordable compared to the one I usually get from LUSH and it's a lot easier to apply. If you've never tried a lip exfoliator before, this would be a good place to start.
Brittany G.
I soo wanted to love this, but I really didn't. For the price it's not terrible, but it certainly didn't exceed my expectations. The taste is good (if you happen to get some in your mouth somehow) but the exfoliating is so rough that it actually hurts. I was hoping for something that would moisten and exfoliate at the same time, not just gather in the same spot and torture my dry lips.
Erika W.
Summerville, SC
I received this in my e.l.f. voxbox and applied as directed. I didn't feel anything that would lead me to believe it was exfoliating my lips - nothing grainy or even any texture of any kind. Maybe my product was too dried out? The packaging is cute though and it smelled minty. I do not notice any weird tastes in my mouth as others have commented on.
Tamara K.
Baltimore , MD
I bought this lip exfoliator at the drug store and right when I opened it it broke at the bottom and would not be put back together. It is very rough and I do not know if it is effective I really dont know if it would last in its lipstick form without breaking and I was dissapointed. Will probably buy the pot lip exfoliator because the idea of a lipstick one is great the product broke before I could use it. Not worth the money.
Cristina R.
Elf is a good brand?
Justine J.
Coralville, IA
Isnavys P.
Jersey City, NJ
Is this actually any good?
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Does this remove all of the dead skin off your lips?
Chassidy k.
Jonesboro, GA
What store would this be in?