5 colors available

How to use:

Amber F.
Amber F.
Glasgow, KY
I adore mint. So much so that I've began hand-crafting a variety of natural beauty products due to my mint-obsession. Thankfully, beauty products are starting to utilize mint, allowing me to enjoy my favorite scent without all the work. So, of all the products in the e.l.f VoxBox, I was most excited to try the e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator. This product has the slight scent and pale color of mint surrounded by a matte black tube the size of classic lipstick. It appeared smooth and well defined, without any appearance of fingerprints or human handling. Application was interesting. I've never applied lipstick with a texture! It felt as though I was applying a sugary chapstick. That sounds unpleasant, but actually it was oddly relaxing and perfectly suited for a daily or weekly home spa beauty ritual to add to my regimen. I found that the ingredients do work quite well as my lips were smoother, softer and the edges far less dry for detailed lipstick application. There was zero oily residue despite the oils (Vitamin E, Shea, Avocado, Grape, Jojoba) in the ingredients. The fact that this exfoliator was contained within a lipstick tube prevented issues with mess and allowed for ease of application. It is just firm enough to apply without breaking while smoothly applying without using too much at one time. The taste however was a bit less pleasant. It's not designed for ingestion anyway, but being a lip product, it happens. However, totally worth any momentary oral confusion upon forgetting to not lick your lips during application. I'll be adding this to my favorites just because it works at it's only $3, so I can use all I want without feeling guilty. It's also great for use on other skin areas though this isn't exactly the recommended usage. Funniest thing though, I found a typo on the rear of the box! :)
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
Chesterfield, MI
I love this stuff! It so economical it's crazy (under $5) and it's packed full of all natural ingredients! Works great to loosen that winter chap lips that occur from wind , sleeping or over moistening when we don't have lip balm! Just make sure to wind it down all the way and carefully close the lid. I accidentally knocked mine off the base. Could of been a combination of application pressure and that the lid inside divots in to fit only the balm (solid square with cylinder opening inside lid). so you can easily knock or knock it in a hurry. Will definitely buy again! So glad the more expensive brand I was going to try sold out during Black Friday deals at sephora! Got this for a great price at Ulta. They also had free gifts with purchase of certain dollar amount. I purchased a few other elf products and received a free mascara and cream to powder blush free! This stuff smells great too! Just tried the Mint flavor just as good if you like mint! Wish it had real mint extract instead of a perfume. Love the product otherwise!
Amy G.
Amy G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Pink Grapefruit
This product is best for only minimal exfoliation and smoothing out lips that are just slightly chapped. I will swirl some around on my lips in a light scrubbing motion right before getting into the shower and rinsing it off.

If you have extremely chapped lips, you won't see much of a result and might have better luck using olive or coconut oil and sugar on a cotton pad to softly massage your lips with. Or, you can try using a soft (wet) toothbrush to scrub the lips lightly, which works the best for me if I'm needing some extra help.

However, I think the e.l.f. exfoliator is a good tool for light maintenance on the lips when you don't want to spend too much time getting the job done. It's a cheap enough buy that I always have a stick of this on hand. The stick does tend to wear down somewhat unevenly so I will find myself using a little extra product the further I get into the tube, but at 3 bucks, it's not hard to replace with a new stick if you find that it doesn't work the same anymore.
Sarah Lee G.
Sarah Lee G.
Vacaville, CA
I received the mint exfoliator for free in the e.l.f. Voxbox from Influenster. Before this I had tried multiple other similar products from other brands that were always in pots or tubes and though they worked they seemed messy and more of a hassle to use. I really like that this comes formed in a lipstick tube that you can apply directly to your lips like a lipstick, rub it in a bit with your fingertip then rinse off. I do often get chapped lips and need to exfoliate to get off dead lip skin. Yuck I know...but it's part of life. I'm a big fan of mint anything especially lip balms so I like that this exfoliator comes in various types including mint. It does look light green, but don't be scared it goes on clear and if you accidently lick your lips before rinsing it doesn't have a horrible chemical taste like some balms but more of a sweet taste. When I use this free one up, I for sure will be buying more and from now on this is my go to recommendation for people of all ages!
Katie R.
Katie R.
Hyattsville, MD
Review for: Pink Grapefruit
I absolutely LOVE the Lip Exfoliator by e.l.f.! My lips get dry and flakey year round, and this exfoliator stick is much more convenient and less messy to use than mixing sugar with coconut oil. The cost is also spot on at $3.00.

The trick to using this product is to wear down the emollient at the top of the stick to get to the grainy, exfoliating crystals underneath. The emollient is super moisturizing and smells and tastes great, so just enjoy rubbing it all over your lips to get it started. Once you get to the grainy part, rub the stick over your lips in a circular motion. Don't press too hard, though!

I did notice that the stick can dry out a bit, making it hard to rub over my lips. To fix this, I just run another clear, moisturizing lip balm over my lips before I start exfoliating. Once my lips are nice and exfoliated I rub off the excess crystals with a damp towel. I run another swipe of lip balm over my lips after exfoliating for a quick dose of moisture.

Sara Z.
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
I received this product in my Elf Voxbox free for review from Influenster and Elf, all reviews are completely my own and 100% honest. Wow wow wow!!! I am FLOORED by this product. A few months ago I bought a lip exfoliator for $15 from target, don't remember the brand, and it did NOTHING for me, it fell apart all the time and didn't scrub anything off of my lips, it didnt even come close to this elf product. I was honestly shocked. I was expecting it to fall apart just the same as the way more expensive product, but it's so sturdy without being too harsh, once you start massaging it on your lips it essentially feels like a sugar scrub! It works so so well, it smells amazing and is packed with some awesome vitamins and oils to help moisturize as well. It literally took everything off my lips, and they were cracked and chapped to the high heavens. I would 100% recommend this product, and you know the price is cheap because elf is just that amazing.
Kaela J.
Kaela J.
Lynchburg , SC
This product is great for anyone and everyone. I have tried a good many different lip scrubs and honestly there is not much difference in any of them. However, this e.l.f. lip scrub is perfect for on-the-go use and to throw in your purse of makeup bag to keep with you. The price is also a major plus for the product and you really cannot beat it. It is very moisturizing and the smell/taste is not bad. There is like a waxy coating around the outside of the product so the first few times you use it you have to apply a little more pressure to get the best results but that is not a big deal for me. I also recommend applying a lip oil,moisturizer, or conditioner to your lips after using this exfoliator, as it does not provide long lasting moisture. Other than that this product is amazing to use before applying a lipstick or gloss to insure a smooth application. I received this product complimentary from Influenster and I will buy again!
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
Manhattan, KS
I received Elf lip exfoliator (mint) in my E.l.f Influenster box to test. E.l.f products are very affordable, which is great, but sometimes you just get what you paid for. This is the case for the lip exfoliator. There are some great e.l.f products, but I would not spend my money on this. As soon as I opened it, the product fell out of the tube (this could have been an issue from shipment, but still, the product is cheaply made and broke off before even using it so I bet it would be likely to break off when rubbed against dry lips). I didn't even realize this was something you had to rub in and wipe off, it was a tiny bit gritty/exfoliating, but I just left it on my lips because it felt more like chapstick. I liked the smell of it though, and it was gentle to use. It was a tad hard to apply because it was pretty dry. I will likely use it again at some point since I have it, but I don't plan on buying it in the future.
Stacey H.
Stacey H.
Allentown, PA
LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've tried countless of brands for the prefect lip scrub. All the way from FRESH Beauty lip polish ($24+tax) to Lush sugar fairies ($8.95+tax) both of these you have to get your finger tips in it. When E.l.f has it for only $3+tax and there's no MESS, it's in a lipstick form. It's a dream come true and in my opinion gets the job done better than the pricier other ones I've tried. Definitely a recommendation to everyone and I see myself buying this in the near future and it comes in different scents I heard. I'm currently using Mint but definitely curious on the other smells too. Grab this ladies and gents you won't be disappointed. Especially if you're like me, who always has a matte lipstick on this give so much hydration to the lips for HOURS! No creasing or cracking of the lips when I use this bad boy. when I mean love this product I really do I'm so impressed!
Kiki S.
Kiki S.
Review for: Pink Grapefruit
I have very dry lips and exfoliate them every other night. I've used so many other lip scrubs to get off the dead skin on my lips. The prices have ranged from low to high, but mostly they have all been pretty pricey. I am not a fan of pots. I find them to be very messy and a hassle. This lip exfoliator is amazing. I must say this is extremely abrasive after you get through the first layer of balm they have at the top. But that is what I like. I want something that will sloth off all the dead dermis on my lips. It's not the most moisturizing of lips scrubs but I'm all right with that because I use a very hydrating balm afterwards. Every morning after I use this product along with my lip treatment my lips are super soft. Depending on the condition of my lips I can go with using this product once a week to 2-3 times a week. All yields the same results for my lips.
Cristina R.
Cristina R.
Elf is a good brand?
Justine J.
Justine J.
Coralville, IA
Isnavys P.
Isnavys P.
Is this actually any good?
Kourtney A.
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Does this remove all of the dead skin off your lips?
Kayla F.
Kayla F.
ANDERSON, SC
I really need to try this out where can i buy?