BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

• Elf is a good brand?79 Answers
  • I've been wanting to try it is it very expensive?9 Answers
Mina C.
Review for: Coconut
Your lips need this!!! Especially if you have dry lips! Of course you wouldn't want to use this on cracked lips. In today's beauty world of liquid matte lipsticks, this product is a must have! I find my matte liquid lipsticks apply more evenly. Some of those matte lipsticks can accentuate every line in your lips. So on days I know I'm going to wear matte liquid lipstick, I'll use this lip scrub before taking a shower or right after. Afterwards, when I'm applying all of my skincare and moisturizers, I'll add a layer of ChapStick® Total Hydration Honey Blossom Lip Care 0.12 oz. Carded Pack to soak into my newly exfoliated lips to lock in hydration. Your lips will thank you!!! Or even if you just have dry tight lips in need of a good exfoliation. I have come to love how this has helped my lips that I now use it 2-3 times a week. I find I get the best results when I exfoliate before I'm ready to go to bed, apply a generous layer of lip balm, and allow it to fully absorb overnight. You will wake up with healthy, hydrated and smooth lips! Another tip I would recommend is while using the lip scrub stick go past your actual lip line. When doing my lip line I keep the lip line centered in the middle of this lip scrub stick so I'm not just stopping at the edge of my lip. Doing that has made a notable difference in fine lines that bordered my lips. I wouldn't go to crazy past the lips since this is a grainy hard scrub intended for your lips, not your face. If your lips are really dry starting out, I would apply a thin layer a balm before using this scrub stick to create a slip, and allow the scrub to easily glide over. Take the scrub stick all over your lips as you would apply lipstick. You don't need to use a lot of pressure when doing this. Then I go over again this time using circular motions, before hugging your lip line. Once I'm done with those steps using the wand, I use my finger to massage the sugary grit in circular motions. If you are going to then take a shower, then wash it off then. Otherwise, I take a damp cloth or cleansing wipe, and wipe it all off. Add your balm, and you're good to go. It honestly takes 2 minutes. I promise you'll notice a difference! So if you love liquid matte lipsticks, but they make you lips look super dry revealing every line, then this is your new best friend! Did I mention it's only $3?!? I have the original one that doesnt have a flavor name, and also the "Coconut" one. I prefer the "Coconut" because I like the smell of it, and the hint of sweet taste it leaves behind. They have several other flavors/scents to choose from.
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: Rose
I picked this up at Target today to give it a try. The reviews looked good, and at $3 it was worth a try. I saw results almost immediately. My lips get very dry in the winter, and the dry chapped skin is completely gone. Just wet your lips and apply this product in a circular motion. Once your done, use a damp cotton round to wipe off excess product. It says to also use a lip balm to condition your lips afterwards. I used the Burt's Bees medicated lip balm with this. So far both products seem to work very well together. At $3 this product is definetly worth a try!
Jaine R.
Windsor
Review for: Coconut
I wanted to give this product a higher rating because it really does exfoliate your lips and it leaves them feeling really smooth, the product pretty much crumbles as you press it up against your lips. When you are exfoliating you have to press it and you have to rub it so that the dead skin cells actually get removed from your lips. Elf is usually good quality for the price but in this instance the price, to me, reflects the quality. I am unsure if it's because I have full lips, but I use this product twice and the second time around if pretty much disintegrated as I press it on my lips. It is a shame though because it got my lips really smooth from what I could get.
Lori W.
Salt Lake City
Review for: Coconut, Sweet Cheery, Mint Maniac, Other
Oh my gosh I love these first tried the Brown sugar I’m hooked on Mint, Cherry and Coconut Mintnall yer around the other 2 Coconut 🌴  in the summer and Cherry 🍒 and if my mood changes. I can use 1 of these a month easy but My Granddaughters 5&2 also like them. I use them in the shower and before my makeup I brush my lips it’s a tooth brush after rubbing this into my lips for a few min then I scrub it off. Put On just another light coat while I’m doing my makeup,rub thensugar in or lightly off you can even lick it. So yummy and safe then leave a little of the oil in it on your lips apply lipstick 💄 or in my case a liquid lip like Tarte or Colorpop they dry Matte and what’s left on your lips helps keep them from getting dried out from the liquid lipstick. Then when you take off your make up,wear the ELF Lip exfoliate to bed or even Hey Honey I love that one too. But honestly for the price of $3.00 the E.L.F. one is amazing when I’m out I use the tube and make a small batch with just brown sugar and coconut oil pack it in my tube and freeze it for a few Min then just use as needed until I get to the store for more!! Try them you will Love them the Grapefruit  one is great for when your feeling sluggish in the Morning and your lips 💋 are dry because the smell of Grapefruit will energize you 😉💕😘💋💋
Dana L.
Review for: Other
I’ve been making my own lip exfoliant for years and it’s been working great up until recently. My lips are hydrated, I don’t bite them, but I’ve had this patch of rougher skin for about a month now and I couldn’t get it to go away. Initially I thought it was a burn but it’s been pretty persistent, doesn’t hurt, & it’s really not noticeable I just feel it. I bought a sugar scrub lip pot to try to up the exfoliant ante from my homemade ones but it still wasn’t abrasive enough. I know I know abrasive sounds bad but I needed some serious scrubbing. Enter e.l.f. — discovered on a Target trip — under $5 and saved my lip! It looks like a regular tube of lipstick but unlike the loose sugar scrubs this one stays solid and doesn’t smoosh out when applying to your lips. I follow it up with my coconut ChapStick Total Hydration and my lips are back to their normal pouty selves! Definitely follow up with some sort of hydrating lip balm as it can make your lips feel dry afterwards. I bought the clear/brown sugar version which isn’t listed here but I highly recommend this!
Victoriahope M.
Worcester, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the lip exfoliator from e.l.f. As someone who used to try to be strictly an all natural and 100% cruelty free product user, I have resigned to the fact that until our cosmetic system mirrors that of Europe I will have to go for the best skin care brands I can find on a budget that still fit my beliefs. E.l.f. is cruelty free, and the lip exfoliator is amazing. I use the mint maniac flavor, and it leaves your lips moisturized and feeling absolutely amazing. The sugar you can lick off and tastes delicious! And it is exfoliating, but not abrasive. I plan on getting one for my BFF and sister-in-law!
Christina T.
Kingston, OK
Review for: Other
I knew as you get older the color of your lips fade. And mine tend to Chap and even stay chat but I just recently heard of a trend or whatever that you can exfoliate your lips I thought that was pretty strange. So while I was in the store I came across the Elf lip exfoliator and thought I would give it a try. This stuff is amazing why hasn't anybody ever told me about this I followed the directions on the back of the box to a T. Not only did it soften my lips on the first try now not 100% because I'm sure it takes a couple of tries to do with 100% but it did I want to say 60% of a job put my lips have a bright pink color to them now naturally. This product is amazing I absolutely love it and it looks just like a regular lipstick container definitely going to be using this on a regular basis
Danielle R.
Carpinteria, CA
Review for: Mint Maniac
I have a lot of lip scrubs from expensive to cheap and I have to say I think they all work about the same.... this one's a little harder because it like a lip stick and not in a jar but what I do is purchase a bunch of little glass jars and I take the product out of the tube and put it in the glass jar I also stir it up a little anyways I think this works great but you need to put a good chapstick on afterwards..... one of my all time favorite lip scrub is by glam glow go look at some of my other reviews..... I'm new so it's gonna take awhile to review all I have..... I might have to start with what I get from now on.... I'm like a number 100 when it comes to products from hair products, hair color, hair tools, skincare, lip care, make-up, fragrances, clothing, candles, and ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF!!
Haley B.
Winnsboro, TX
Review for: Mint Maniac
I absolutely love this! My lips have always been a trouble point for me. They stay chapped and cracking no matter how much chap stick or lip balm I use on them. I recently bought this product (uhh hello, it was only $2!!) and it changed my lip game! I will exfoliate my lips and then put on some balm or gloss and my lips are so smooth for days! I love love love it! It tastes great and one of my favorite parts is that it’s only $2. Definitely recommend!
Pooja P.
Voorhees, NJ
Review for: Coconut
I don't know why someone didn't think about this earlier! This is a genius idea! Making the exfoliater in the shape if a lipstick makes application very easy and it keeps my hands clean!! Other lip scrubs come in a tub like container which you have to use your fingers to get out and some of it gets under your nails, that's why this lip scrubs idea is AMAZING! You just can apply it straight from the tube because it's in the shape of a lipstick.
Cristina R.
Elf is a good brand?
Justine J.
Coralville, IA
Isnavys P.
Jersey City, NJ
Is this actually any good?
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Does this remove all of the dead skin off your lips?
Kayla F.
ANDERSON, SC
I really need to try this out where can i buy?