BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #25 in Face Primer

The primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application. The formula is infused with grape, Vitamins A, C, & E to help boost complexion and hydrate your skin.

How to Use

Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin. Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.

0.47 Fl.Oz. (14ml)

Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Ascorbyl Dipalmate (Vc)

e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer- Small
  • "this is a good primer, but it is not hydrating. i have really dry skin so i thought this would help, but it hasn't at all. it lasts all day and feels good to apply. i'll use what i have left but i wouldn't repurchase. " in 848 reviews
  • "saw a lot of reviews on this product ans wanted to try it out for myself. i bought this a few days ago and ive been using ovee my noisturizee and undee my foundation and its such a great primer. i tried the other primers from e.l.f and i definetly recommend this if you hace dry skin, it is suuuuuper moisturizing and gives you a preery flawless finish 😍 also i never seen any dry spots on my skin while using this. i also noticed that if you have oily skin it doesn't stay oily in the parts that you are usually ,depending on the foundation and setting spray you use." in 789 reviews
Tegan B.
Tempe, AZ
This isn't the worst primer I've ever used, but then again it's pretty cheap. Just like a lot of other reviews, I've noticed there isn't a ton of product in the bottle. When the actual product comes out of the container, it almost looks like a petroleum jelly and is very thick on the skin. It made my foundation transfer pretty easily so I had to use a lot of setting spray just to keep it on. There wasn't really any smell to it but the look of it did turn me off a little bit. I probably won't be buying this again.
Breezy B.
San Antonio , TX
Dry skin friends rejoice! This is the primer for you! I can see how if you are oily this is probably not the primer for you as it can leave you looking very slick. In the summer I tend you use much much less of this product because it can start to cause issues. I wouldn't say this primer extends the wear time of my makeup but it does bring life into my face that can sometimes be sucked out by my makeup. The hydrating primer (from what i am aware of) does not claim to be a pore filling primer but when i press it into my skin, ohhhhh baby it makes me look poreless and smooth! I knocked a star off because of the poor packaging issues. The packaging is very bulky compared to the small amount of product you get. It has a pump which is nice, but the container that the product is actually in sits within another large shell of plastic. The packaging when empty still has a lot of weight to it which is some false advertising when you first open it. It looks and feels as though you get a lot of product but the packaging accounts for 3/4th of the overall weight.
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
A decent low-end primer. I have oily/acne-prone skin and this didn't cause any additional breakouts underneath a BB cream, which was good. However, the packaging is absolutely terrible--the actual amount of product that you receive in any e.l.f. bottle is always a small fraction of the bottle size--which docks at least one star alone. The primer also has a funky plastic smell which was covered up by my other makeup, but it did make me dubious of the quality of the product. The primer has a tacky finish that, combined with my oily skin, made my skin unfortunately shiny within a few hours of putting on a full face. If you have drier skin, this primer would probably be a better fit for you than for me.
Gina C.
East Hanover , NJ
It’s an ok primer, but the thing that makes me mad about this product is the amount of actual product in this container. Sure it was only $6, and it appears to be a descent amount, but if you actually deconstruct the bottle and take it apart, you would be surprised to learn that only about 1/8 of this bottle contains actual product. Yup. The majority of this jar is hollow. Go ahead, take apart this pump bottle and see for yourself. I ran out of this product within two months and I was only using it 2-3 times a week. Elf’s biggest scam. I’ll never buy this product again.
Julie N.
San jose, CA
I wanted to try the e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer because I am really in love with the e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer and thought I should give this a try.

However, since I have combination skin, it does not help my oily/shiny complexion. It makes my face a tad more shinier after application. Though, it does the job as a primer, I will be sticking to the Poreless Primer for that "airbrush" effect. I would recommend this to those who have dry skin.

As for the price, I got it for $6 at Walmart for the large size. You also get a lot of product from one bottle!
Tia F.
Okay i love how smooth it makes my skin feel, it really plumps it up and hydrates it well. But i don’t feel it does a good job at making your makeup last longer which most primers do- however it is labeled as a hydrating primer so idk if makeup longevity was its purpose😂But one thing I’m super pissed about it how fast i ran through this product. Whenever i apply it to my face i only would use one pump. But i ran out so fast, like 2 weeks- why? Take the packaging apart and youd be pissed at how bad e.l.f played you. I love e.l.f don’t get me wrong but really man?😭
Kristine S.
Omaha
This primer works fantastic! I purchased this a few weeks ago and it is a permanent staple in what I apply daily. Makes my pores almost fade away and helps my face look less dry. The smell is repulsive like strong plastic but the price and the fact that it works totally makes it worth while. Besides, the smell goes away pretty quickly after you put some on. Be careful though because the pump gives you a massive amount so I never give myself a full pump. Would I recommend this? Yes but I would let them know about the pump giving too much and the gross smell 👍🏼
Taylor M.
This was really my first time experimenting with face primer - so I went with a brand I recognized that was affordable. Aside from being affordable, the product was long lasting. I have this weird mix of dry and oily skin, depending on the area and felt like this product was too oily. I had some breakouts around the same time and I am not too sure if this had an effect on it, but after I stopped using it, the breakouts coincidentally cleared.

This was a good start - but now I am on the hunt for a better product!
Danielle F.
Denver
I was very disappointed with this product. I saw all of the advertising about the "superb" quality of face products that ELF carries and wasn't impressed in the least. After many separate experiences with this product, I finally came to the conclusion that I'm done trying with ELF face products. The label claims to provide hydration, but only made my skin oily and greasy looking. The smell is also quite unpleasant. I tried many forms of application to ensure that I was giving the product a fair chance, but alas, ELF isn't for me.
Rebecca M.
Wichita

Shawna M.Alma, GA85 reviewsJan. 13, 2017, 6:12 p.m.I have never used primer before. I'm old school where we put our foundation and then concealer and then powder. The concept of primer certainly intrigued me. I have a certain YouTube beauty personality that I love to watch. She does show e.l.f. products quite often. one of these products was the e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer. I decided to go ahead and order this primer as she gave it a glowing review and we both have similar skin types. It was only $6 online. I was so happy with the price. The product itself is in a beautiful sea green glass bottle with a pump and lid. It matched the colors in my bathroom and was more sanitary than some of the other packaging of other products I have looked at. I watched many videos on the proper way to use primer and practiced til I perfected it. I love this primer! I sometimes actually use this without wearing any foundation because it makes my face feel so yummy. I have very dry skin and I moisturize, but my thirsty face loves this primer. It gives my face a dose of hydration while smoothing out all the imperfections and creating a flawless palette for my foundation. When I laid my foundation out over this I was amazed at how much smoother everything appeared and how much longer everything lasted. My makeup certainly didn't melt at all. It was a workout getting everything off at night though. The only downfall I would say this product might have, and to me it wasn't really a downfall, it does come across as a little oily feeling at first until it settles. Overall I am truly pleased with this product and I would highly recommend it to others. I will be repurchasing this primer again very soon.
alyssa j.
What are your thoughts on this product? Buy or pass?
alexis F.
Fresno, CA
Does this primer leave your skin oily? My face is oily but with my acne medicine it sometimes leaves my face a little dry. Is this product worth?
Chelsey M.
New Victoria, NS
Does anybody else find this comes with almost no product ??
Madison G.
Warminster, PA
Does this product help make up stay on longer?
Daisy V.
Minnesota
Would I still need a moisturizer after this?