BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #19 in Face Primer

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

The primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application. The formula is infused with grape, Vitamins A, C, & E to help boost complexion and hydrate your skin.

How to Use

Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin. Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.

0.47 Fl.Oz. (14ml)

Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Ascorbyl Dipalmate (Vc)

• Produto muito bom1 Answers
  • what finish will this dive to a foundation and will this ...1 Answers
  • Would I still need a moisturizer after this?6 Answers
e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer- Small
  • "this is a good primer, but it is not hydrating. i have really dry skin so i thought this would help, but it hasn't at all. it lasts all day and feels good to apply. i'll use what i have left but i wouldn't repurchase. " in 848 reviews
  • "saw a lot of reviews on this product ans wanted to try it out for myself. i bought this a few days ago and ive been using ovee my noisturizee and undee my foundation and its such a great primer. i tried the other primers from e.l.f and i definetly recommend this if you hace dry skin, it is suuuuuper moisturizing and gives you a preery flawless finish 😍 also i never seen any dry spots on my skin while using this. i also noticed that if you have oily skin it doesn't stay oily in the parts that you are usually ,depending on the foundation and setting spray you use." in 789 reviews
Melody R.
yakima
Some of these are a one and some of them are a four, I mean with these it’s a hit or miss depending on the specific primer. The hydrating one is alright and the time adjusting one is green and that’s ok the rest however I am not a fan of and they don’t carry a lot of product the packaging is a big scam. There’s actually three compartments which make the product seem bigger but really it’s held in the tiniest compartment. They made bigger bottles however they’re pricier and probably don’t hold much either.
Raquel V.
Corpus Christi
This claims to be hydrating but it is not. It has a silicone base and it just makes your make up slip around I would not recommend this to anyone and less you have oily skin. Not worth it when you can get a better primer from a different drug store company that works better than the stars this claims to be hydrating but it is not. It has a silicone base and it just makes your make up slip around I would not recommend this to anyone unless you have oily skin. Not worth it when you can get a better primer from a different drug store company that works better than this does.
Breezy B.
San Antonio , TX
Dry skin friends rejoice! This is the primer for you! I can see how if you are oily this is probably not the primer for you as it can leave you looking very slick. In the summer I tend you use much much less of this product because it can start to cause issues. I wouldn't say this primer extends the wear time of my makeup but it does bring life into my face that can sometimes be sucked out by my makeup. The hydrating primer (from what i am aware of) does not claim to be a pore filling primer but when i press it into my skin, ohhhhh baby it makes me look poreless and smooth! I knocked a star off because of the poor packaging issues. The packaging is very bulky compared to the small amount of product you get. It has a pump which is nice, but the container that the product is actually in sits within another large shell of plastic. The packaging when empty still has a lot of weight to it which is some false advertising when you first open it. It looks and feels as though you get a lot of product but the packaging accounts for 3/4th of the overall weight.
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
A decent low-end primer. I have oily/acne-prone skin and this didn't cause any additional breakouts underneath a BB cream, which was good. However, the packaging is absolutely terrible--the actual amount of product that you receive in any e.l.f. bottle is always a small fraction of the bottle size--which docks at least one star alone. The primer also has a funky plastic smell which was covered up by my other makeup, but it did make me dubious of the quality of the product. The primer has a tacky finish that, combined with my oily skin, made my skin unfortunately shiny within a few hours of putting on a full face. If you have drier skin, this primer would probably be a better fit for you than for me.
Karimah P.
Baltimore
I heard great things about this brand and their products. I was in search of a primer so I decided to give this primer a try. I did not like this product at all. I have normal/dry skin so I was searching for something hydrating. This primer simply sits on top of my face and doesn’t mix well with foundation. I changed my foundation numerous times before a friend pointed out that the primer may be the issue. After an hour of wearing the primer under my foundation, my face looked extremely greasy and grainy. A terrible look. I will not repurchase this product nor would I recommend it, regardless of the price.
Lindsey K.
Louisa
I was disappointed that this didn't work for me. It has a pleasant scent and applies very smoothly (almost like a creamy lotion). The bottle is really pretty and you get a lot of product for he money. But....

It left my face greasy feeling and looking, and seemed to just combine and smear with my liquid foundation which was not a good look. I would say that the product hydrates as promised but it really didn't have any staying power as a primer which was a major disappointment.

Perhaps this primer would be better suited for someone who uses a powder foundation, or who has dry skin.
Gina C.
East Hanover , NJ
It’s an ok primer, but the thing that makes me mad about this product is the amount of actual product in this container. Sure it was only $6, and it appears to be a descent amount, but if you actually deconstruct the bottle and take it apart, you would be surprised to learn that only about 1/8 of this bottle contains actual product. Yup. The majority of this jar is hollow. Go ahead, take apart this pump bottle and see for yourself. I ran out of this product within two months and I was only using it 2-3 times a week. Elf’s biggest scam. I’ll never buy this product again.
Tia F.
Rome, NY
Okay i love how smooth it makes my skin feel, it really plumps it up and hydrates it well. But i don’t feel it does a good job at making your makeup last longer which most primers do- however it is labeled as a hydrating primer so idk if makeup longevity was its purpose😂But one thing I’m super pissed about it how fast i ran through this product. Whenever i apply it to my face i only would use one pump. But i ran out so fast, like 2 weeks- why? Take the packaging apart and youd be pissed at how bad e.l.f played you. I love e.l.f don’t get me wrong but really man?😭
Tristin O.
N Smithfield, RI
This primer is super cheap but they kind of fool you with the packaging because you think you’re getting this full bottle of primer when in reality if you take it apart there’s another little compartment INSIDE that is half of the size of the actual bottle and that’s how much product you’re getting. The product itself isn’t phenomenal and I didn’t really see much of a difference. It feels very siliconey and I didn’t really like it. There’s plenty of drugstore primers you can purchase that won’t fool you with product amount and work much better.
Bonita S.
Parkville
I didn’t really like this at all! I have combo/oily skin and this just seemed to intensify my shine. I honestly didn’t notice any benefit of using this. It didn’t my make makeup look better but It does apply effortlessly. I didn’t get any breakouts. It just didn’t work for my skin, it didn’t seem to blur or smooth pores and fine lines either. But the price is reasonable so you can still give it a try. There is little to no scent as well.
alyssa j.
What are your thoughts on this product? Buy or pass?
alexis F.
Fresno, CA
Does this primer leave your skin oily? My face is oily but with my acne medicine it sometimes leaves my face a little dry. Is this product worth?
Madison G.
Warminster, PA
Does this product help make up stay on longer?
Chelsey M.
New Victoria, NS
Does anybody else find this comes with almost no product ??
Leigh-anne E.
Does this product actually work ? My sensitive skin cant handle heavy stuff but I have the mua make up setting spray but it drips everywhere 😡

back