6 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #36 in Eyeliner

No more tugging or pulling on your eyelids with this easy glide Expert Liquid Liner. The smudge-proof liner is rich in color, creating a long lasting defined look. The fine tip brush creates easy and precise definition for natural or dramatic eye effects...

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isododecane, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), DC Black #2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)

• Where is the cheapest place to purchase ELF?141 Answers
  • Do you prefer liquid eyeliner or a eyeliner pencil? 10 Answers
  • I see a lot of girls using this product is it good and long lasting??44 Answers
Sydney T.
Sydney T.
Sedro Woolley, WA
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
Updated Review: Months back, I had written a review about this Eyeliner and how it was my go-to product. And it was for several years! However, I repurchased this product about four months ago, and will never again buy this eyeliner. After about a week of use, my lash line became red and irritated. Following the irritation, the skin on my lash line became very dry and began to crack. This led to tiny scabs all along my eyelid, which took two or three weeks of no eye makeup use to heal. I do have sensitive skin, but had never had an issue with this product. Perhaps it was just the particular batch, or a new formula, but never again will I trust my lash line with this eyeliner.
Madee M.
Madee M.
Jackson, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
We all know this isn't fancy eyeliner, it's not even the fancy drugstore brand eyeliner. It's just drugstore eyeliner, but I like it. First, I love the price, for some reason I am still don't understand why eyeliner cost more than my fancy artist markers, but whatever. I am sure my opinion will change one day.
Anyway, this is great cheap cheap eyeliner.

I have experience some liquid eyeliners actually look like they chipped off in small sections by the end of the day. This fades some but it does so evenly, so you don't look like you put on eyeliner made out of crackle paint. The handle is easy to hold and the brush is just flexible enough to get a perfect angle and wing.
Kristin P.
Kristin P.
Jacksonville, FL
This is by far my favorite liquid eyeliner even over other drug store and "luxury" eyeliners. It costs between $1-2 dollars but I would continue to repurchase it if it was 10X or more than that price. I use this product about everyday and definitely every time I apply my make up. I use it is only a top eyeliner, ONLY con is it doesn't apply the best on bare skin (I apply a foundation layer or small bit of eyeshadow and then apply). It stays on all day and night and for a darker color an easy over lay of the liner is extremely easy. I have rebought this product dozens of time and will contiue to do so especially if you prefer a THIN and FLEXIBLE brush!!!!
Piper B.
Piper B.
Cleveland, OK
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
Great product for the price. I got this at a local Walmart for only 2 bucks. I personally do not use it for my entire eyeliner routine, as I generally go for a fairly thick line and it has a very thin, light brush. HOWEVER, I use this to connect my inner corner and sharpen the end of my wing. If you are looking for a very light simple line, this is perfect. Or if you struggle with the inner corner I would totally recommend this. I think it's very helpful and typically use it paired with the Hard Candy Walk the Line Liquid liner in a felt tip. Considering this price, it stays on great. Not waterproof, unfortunately washes off very cleanly with water.
Linda T.
Linda T.
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
Honestly, this is a really good eyeliner for the cost. It's so affordable and it comes in two different colors - black and brown. The black is really dark (obviously) and doesn't look faded or gray like other brands. It's easy to apply on and it lasts throughout the day but if you put too much, it does smudge. I like to apply a lot for a heavy eyeliner look but sometimes, after a few hours, I'll look in the mirror and see that it smudged onto my eyelids, which is a total bummer because people will think I don't know how to do makeup!! It's great for the price and if you don't put too much on like me, but I definitely would recommend it.
amber w.
amber w.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a great eye liner. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it. It takes a bit of practice if your not used to this type of product but you can get a nice thun line or a thicker line. I like a thin line most days and this liner does the job. I do get some transfer on my lids due to my hooded eyes so u have found that if I add a but if shadow on top of the liner it helps. Also, you need to keep your eyes down cast while it dries. I find this helps to keep the liner from getting on my hood. My daughter does not have this issue at all. She does not have hooded eyes and this liner does not smudge on her. Hope this helps.. hugs
This is the first eyeliner that was introduced to my life first before I even tried others. But this eyeliner is great for beginners why? Because, it's not expensive and quality is great for beginning skills. it applies smooth and doesn't irritate and is pigmentation. In the more eh side is that is washes off fast. Example, if you rubbed your eye and forgot you had it on it would slowly start fading off. But does stay on for long hrs. Meaning not so waterproof.But from what I experience with it and say is that must have for beginners because it's great and helps you skill the hand posture, for a great price and great quality. $2.00
Jackey B.
Jackey B.
The price tag for this product is great! The eyeliner is pretty dark and dries with a bit of a shine. I personally prefer a matte/velvet finish but it's fine for what it is. This definitely stays put for everyday wear. However, it will come off if you cry or your face gets wet. I absolutely love the brush, it is pointed enough for me to create a perfect cat eye and I actually transfer this brush into other liquid liners that have brushes that aren't as great. Definitely worth the price especially if you are new to liquid liner. It's cheap so you don't have to worry about wasting product while experimenting and learning.
Liliia R.
Liliia R.
Brooklyn, NY
Don't buy unless you want a raging chemical burn
I bought this just the other day because it seemed like a great beginner liquid liner (I have no experience) after trying multiple times I wiped it off with a wet soft towel and facial wipes each time. I was feeling some irritation and I just thought it was normal since I don't usually use liquid liner. But after a few minutes my right eye (my practicing eye) became red where I had applied the liner and it turned out I had a chemical burn. This was a few days ago and the burn is still there and hurts when I blink/touch it/apply makeup on it. The point is DO NOT BUY THIS!!
J M.
J M.
It's a decent inexpensive liquid eyeliner for makeup beginners. It cost me less than $4. Some reviewers say that they don't like the pigment & that it was grayish but mine was a nice shiny shade of black (towards the end of the container it lost some pigment & not much pigment when applied on top of oily eyelids).
I really like the thin tip of the applicator. & I'm happy that I haven't had any problems with it irritating my sensitive skin or eyes so far. & It has lasted me all day (I paired it with a matching shade of elf pencil liner on my eyelid's waterline) & it comes off easily with makeup remover.
Selina L.
Selina L.
Lafayette, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where is the cheapest place to purchase ELF?
Loribel A.
Loribel A.
Simpsonville, SC
I see a lot of girls using this product is it good and long lasting??
Mikayla F.
Mikayla F.
Baldwinsville, NY
Does it wipe off easily or fade away throughout the day?
Monique A.
Monique A.
Toronto,On
How good is elfs liquid eyeliner!?
michelle g.
michelle g.
valrico, fl
In what department/drug stores can I find e.l.f. products? on the hunt for some good cruelty free brands! thanks