BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #34 in Eyeliner

No more tugging or pulling on your eyelids with this easy glide Expert Liquid Liner. The smudge-proof liner is rich in color, creating a long lasting defined look. The fine tip brush creates easy and precise definition for natural or dramatic eye effects...

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isododecane, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), DC Black #2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)

• Where is the cheapest place to purchase ELF?145 Answers
  • Do you prefer liquid eyeliner or a eyeliner pencil? 10 Answers
  • I see a lot of girls using this product is it good and long lasti...44 Answers
Kate P.
Portland, OR
Several years ago I was on the hunt for the perfect liquid eyeliner for my everyday winged eyel (aka the kitten eye). Most products advertised the latest and greatest fool proof "tip!" Chisel tips, two sided tips, tips ranging in size from ultra fine to something I would only use for decorating a car window! My first thought "a marker for your eyes - brilliant!" However, my excitement always turned to disappointment when the eye marker seemed to dry out almost immediately - no matter how fast I put the cap back on or how expensive the product. I quickly figured out I definitely prefer a traditional tiny brush for the tip. Other liquid eyeliners either had a great tip or had a great liquid formula but never both! Imagine my surprise when I saw a small e.l.f. display in a 711 (oh thank heaven)!! This liquid eyeliner was part of the display and I put it on the counter next to a 6 pack of IPA thinking, "at least a $2.00 product isn't going to feel like a punch in the gut when it turns out to be another bust!" The first time I used it, the entire cast of Sister Act was magically appeared behind me belting out Hail Holy Queen! Okay, at that point my expectations were at rock bottom, but seriously this stuff is good. Good enough to keep buying again and again and go back to when I get the itch to change it up.
Yaqui Z.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
I remember buying this.It was like $1 and i thought i would love it and ended up hating it. When you do a swatch on your hand it looks. Like it's pigmented exactly like any other eyeliner.( i have kind of oily eyelids) So when i tried to do a normal eyeliner on my eyelids,it seperated and patchy, that the eyeliner wasn't even even. It's hard to explain but the middle of the eyeliner was missing think of it like when you do a normal eyeliner everything is filled in especially the inside of it,now think of the inside is empty and the only thing left is the outline of the eyeliner. I thought that since my eyelids were a bit oily that i might need eye primer or set my eyelids with powder, i even tried both and ended with the same results i don't have the eyeliner so i don't have pics of it. I am not trying to bash elf, i just hate this specific product
Libby T.
Whitewater, WI
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
Since I use it every day, I've tried a ton of liquid liners from lots of brands and this is truly one of the better ones- especially for the price!

I really like the design. I prefer liquid liners where you physically dip the brush into the pot because I feel like it's easier to tell if you're really out or not. I like the brush- it's not stiff at all and it's very thin which makes it easy to be precise, yet it's still very buildable!

It goes on super wet and shiny at first but then when it dries it looks great and lasts all day!

One of the downfalls of it may be how wet it is at first- that can make it a little hard to work with, especially if you're not used to liquid liner. But if you give it a chance to dry and practice with it, it works just fine!

For this price, you really can't beat it. It's definitely worth trying- I really like it!
Victoria C.
Bought this item during one of their free shipping promotions and was surprised to see an extra quantity of it so I could share with a friend. I bought the black liquid eyeliner to create some drama on my otherwise muted and simple eyeshadow game. First off, the brush is nice, soft and pointed enough for me to make some great thin lines. The color is intense and it dries out quickly. The only problem I have is that the bristles sometimes go in may different directions once I replace it back into the ink. If I keep it there, the bristles go their own way. Also, I think that the eyeliner clumps up a bit too much. Overall, it has great color, short drying time, and a nicely shaped brush. Unfortunately, the product packaging is killing the bristles and possibly clumps too much in the bottle.
Rebecca C.
I really like this eyeliner. For the super low price, it is a great product. This eyeliner has a brush tip (not felt, so it doesn't dry out) and has a lot of "ink" in the jar. It is a little runny so you have to be careful with it and wipe off the excess every time you dip the brush. I do notice that it is not super pigmented sometimes, but you can go over the line again to darken it. I also noticed that if I do not wear eye primer before applying this, it does not stay on my eyelids well and requires many more layers before looking black. It is also NOT waterproof, and comes off easily with water/tears/sweat/etc. Still, for the price I just buy this because I don't want to spend $20 + on higher end eyeliner when I can get the same effect with this $2 eyeliner.
Savanna F.
Elf is a widely loved cosmetic company, because they make good quality products at extremely affordable prices. Some products are hit and miss, but there is very little risk since the price is so low. I purchased this Elf liquid eyeliner for $1.00. I don't use liquid eyeliner often since I have difficulty getting it even. I do like this product, the consistency is a little watery, but it is very opaque. The very thin, flexible brush makes it easy to apply a thin or thick line depending on how you angle it. The formula isn't completely smudge proof but it has a great wear time and doesn't try to slide down your face. Overall amazing for the price. Elf does make some other, much better liquid eyeliner and auto liner products.
Lindsay T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Cat-eyes are part of my daily look and have been for several years now, so I'm always being asked for liquid eyeliner recommendations. I think people assume that, since I'm such a cat-eye aficionado, I chunk a lot of money out every few months for some high-end liner, but nope- I grab from the $1 section of e.l.f! I usually map out my line with the e.l.f eyeliner pen (also usually only $1) as it's easier to control, and then go over it with this darker and more defining liquid liner. It glides smoothly over eyeshadow, and stays on for most of the day, while still washing off without too many difficult smears (as I have experienced in my experiments with many other eyeliner brands). I would strongly recommend this to anyone!
Esmeralda H.
This eyeliner is hands down the best I have ever tried. I'm the type of girl that shops on a budget so when I saw that this eyeliner was only 2 bucks I definitely had to try it out! It slides on not leaving and spots for me to go back and fill in. It has a long handle you can really grip on and hold so you can really get that straight sharpe line easily! It seriously last all day and doesn't smear after a long day at work or a night out with friends. Although, sometimes when I have bought this product it was very watery idk if it was a manufacturers mistake or if I had just gotten a bad batch of it. Other than that it works amazing I don't regret buying it. Believe it or not I still use this eyeliner till this day!
saylor b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This eyeliner is extremely affordable. I think I paid 2-3$ for this at Walmart. Elf is carried in a lot of drugstores so you can find this product almost anywhere. I think the liner is very pigmented and very black. The applicator is extremely easy to use and I don't have any issues creating a precise line/wing. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because it does not last as long as other liners. I use this for everyday, but not when it's too hot or I'm going to be sweating. It won't last. But I don't always want to use my expensive liners, especially if I'm only going to have makeup on for a short amount of time. For 3$ it is a great liner, just be mindful you may need to touch up the product.
Sydney T.
Sedro Woolley, WA
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
Updated Review: Months back, I had written a review about this Eyeliner and how it was my go-to product. And it was for several years! However, I repurchased this product about four months ago, and will never again buy this eyeliner. After about a week of use, my lash line became red and irritated. Following the irritation, the skin on my lash line became very dry and began to crack. This led to tiny scabs all along my eyelid, which took two or three weeks of no eye makeup use to heal. I do have sensitive skin, but had never had an issue with this product. Perhaps it was just the particular batch, or a new formula, but never again will I trust my lash line with this eyeliner.
Afton P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a good liquid liner?
Alyssa M.
Ypsilanti, MI
Bella S.
Louisville, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've never used e.l.f. liquid liner before. The applicator looks pretty thin, does it go on in a thin line or does it thicken when applied?
Megan R.
Norwich, CT
Is there a true black shade in this product? I've only seen midnight and charcoal.
LaCoya L.
Are these good for doing winged eyeliner?