Kate P.
Portland, OR
Several years ago I was on the hunt for the perfect liquid eyeliner for my everyday winged eyel (aka the kitten eye). Most products advertised the latest and greatest fool proof "tip!" Chisel tips, two sided tips, tips ranging in size from ultra fine to something I would only use for decorating a car window! My first thought "a marker for your eyes - brilliant!" However, my excitement always turned to disappointment when the eye marker seemed to dry out almost immediately - no matter how fast I put the cap back on or how expensive the product. I quickly figured out I definitely prefer a traditional tiny brush for the tip. Other liquid eyeliners either had a great tip or had a great liquid formula but never both! Imagine my surprise when I saw a small e.l.f. display in a 711 (oh thank heaven)!! This liquid eyeliner was part of the display and I put it on the counter next to a 6 pack of IPA thinking, "at least a $2.00 product isn't going to feel like a punch in the gut when it turns out to be another bust!" The first time I used it, the entire cast of Sister Act was magically appeared behind me belting out Hail Holy Queen! Okay, at that point my expectations were at rock bottom, but seriously this stuff is good. Good enough to keep buying again and again and go back to when I get the itch to change it up.