6 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #32 in Eyeliner

No more tugging or pulling on your eyelids with this easy glide Expert Liquid Liner. The smudge-proof liner is rich in color, creating a long lasting defined look. The fine tip brush creates easy and precise definition for natural or dramatic eye effects...

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isododecane, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), DC Black #2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)

• Where is the cheapest place to purchase ELF?140 Answers
  • Do you prefer liquid eyeliner or a eyeliner pencil? 10 Answers
  • I see a lot of girls using this product is it good and long lasting??43 Answers
Kate P.
Kate P.
Portland, OR
Several years ago I was on the hunt for the perfect liquid eyeliner for my everyday winged eyel (aka the kitten eye). Most products advertised the latest and greatest fool proof "tip!" Chisel tips, two sided tips, tips ranging in size from ultra fine to something I would only use for decorating a car window! My first thought "a marker for your eyes - brilliant!" However, my excitement always turned to disappointment when the eye marker seemed to dry out almost immediately - no matter how fast I put the cap back on or how expensive the product. I quickly figured out I definitely prefer a traditional tiny brush for the tip. Other liquid eyeliners either had a great tip or had a great liquid formula but never both! Imagine my surprise when I saw a small e.l.f. display in a 711 (oh thank heaven)!! This liquid eyeliner was part of the display and I put it on the counter next to a 6 pack of IPA thinking, "at least a $2.00 product isn't going to feel like a punch in the gut when it turns out to be another bust!" The first time I used it, the entire cast of Sister Act was magically appeared behind me belting out Hail Holy Queen! Okay, at that point my expectations were at rock bottom, but seriously this stuff is good. Good enough to keep buying again and again and go back to when I get the itch to change it up.
Yaqui Z.
Yaqui Z.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
I remember buying this.It was like $1 and i thought i would love it and ended up hating it. When you do a swatch on your hand it looks. Like it's pigmented exactly like any other eyeliner.( i have kind of oily eyelids) So when i tried to do a normal eyeliner on my eyelids,it seperated and patchy, that the eyeliner wasn't even even. It's hard to explain but the middle of the eyeliner was missing think of it like when you do a normal eyeliner everything is filled in especially the inside of it,now think of the inside is empty and the only thing left is the outline of the eyeliner. I thought that since my eyelids were a bit oily that i might need eye primer or set my eyelids with powder, i even tried both and ended with the same results i don't have the eyeliner so i don't have pics of it. I am not trying to bash elf, i just hate this specific product
Libby T.
Libby T.
Whitewater, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Essential Black Eye Liner Elf Makeup Professional Sexy By E.L.F.
Since I use it every day, I've tried a ton of liquid liners from lots of brands and this is truly one of the better ones- especially for the price!

I really like the design. I prefer liquid liners where you physically dip the brush into the pot because I feel like it's easier to tell if you're really out or not. I like the brush- it's not stiff at all and it's very thin which makes it easy to be precise, yet it's still very buildable!

It goes on super wet and shiny at first but then when it dries it looks great and lasts all day!

One of the downfalls of it may be how wet it is at first- that can make it a little hard to work with, especially if you're not used to liquid liner. But if you give it a chance to dry and practice with it, it works just fine!

For this price, you really can't beat it. It's definitely worth trying- I really like it!
Megan B.
Megan B.
Middletown , OH
I have a love/hate relationship with liquid liner. Like a lot of other people, I love a sharp wing. It adds that extra something to my eyes and lifts them. I've found liquid liner to be the easiest way to do that, but liquid can be a challenge....

Well. Not anymore. I first tried out this little baby back when it retailed for $1. I didn't have high hopes simply because I thought I would be "getting what I paid for." Man oh man was I wrong! The brush is flexible, but stiff enough to get a precise line. ITS BLACK! I hate nothing more than a liner that dries and isn't dark enough. I like my liner as dark as Lord Voldemorts soul.

My only complaint is that this dries with a little bit of shine. A matte finish and it would be perfect. It doesn't flake off, the product goes a long way, and its gentle on the eyes. Definitely worth $2.
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Bought this item during one of their free shipping promotions and was surprised to see an extra quantity of it so I could share with a friend. I bought the black liquid eyeliner to create some drama on my otherwise muted and simple eyeshadow game. First off, the brush is nice, soft and pointed enough for me to make some great thin lines. The color is intense and it dries out quickly. The only problem I have is that the bristles sometimes go in may different directions once I replace it back into the ink. If I keep it there, the bristles go their own way. Also, I think that the eyeliner clumps up a bit too much. Overall, it has great color, short drying time, and a nicely shaped brush. Unfortunately, the product packaging is killing the bristles and possibly clumps too much in the bottle.
Annabella D.
Annabella D.
Los Banos, CA
I am giving e.l.f.'s liquid eyeliner a 4. It is easy to put on compared to other brands I've tried and goes on easily. I got mine from Target and it was very inexpensive. The problem I have with it is that it isn't very long lasting for me, however, I do have a tendency to rub my eyes, so that could be the problem. Also, I have noticed an odd smell that comes along with the eyeliner every time I buy it. I know it can't be because it is old, because it is always the same smell right when I first open it. Beside that, I find that the liner seems to rub of messily and can be a little difficult to remove. All in all, however I like what I get for the price it costs. I would recommend this product to people living on a budget who would like some easy on the wallet makeup.
Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.
I really like this eyeliner. For the super low price, it is a great product. This eyeliner has a brush tip (not felt, so it doesn't dry out) and has a lot of "ink" in the jar. It is a little runny so you have to be careful with it and wipe off the excess every time you dip the brush. I do notice that it is not super pigmented sometimes, but you can go over the line again to darken it. I also noticed that if I do not wear eye primer before applying this, it does not stay on my eyelids well and requires many more layers before looking black. It is also NOT waterproof, and comes off easily with water/tears/sweat/etc. Still, for the price I just buy this because I don't want to spend $20 + on higher end eyeliner when I can get the same effect with this $2 eyeliner.
Lindsay T.
Lindsay T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Cat-eyes are part of my daily look and have been for several years now, so I'm always being asked for liquid eyeliner recommendations. I think people assume that, since I'm such a cat-eye aficionado, I chunk a lot of money out every few months for some high-end liner, but nope- I grab from the $1 section of e.l.f! I usually map out my line with the e.l.f eyeliner pen (also usually only $1) as it's easier to control, and then go over it with this darker and more defining liquid liner. It glides smoothly over eyeshadow, and stays on for most of the day, while still washing off without too many difficult smears (as I have experienced in my experiments with many other eyeliner brands). I would strongly recommend this to anyone!
Savanna F.
Savanna F.
Elf is a widely loved cosmetic company, because they make good quality products at extremely affordable prices. Some products are hit and miss, but there is very little risk since the price is so low. I purchased this Elf liquid eyeliner for $1.00. I don't use liquid eyeliner often since I have difficulty getting it even. I do like this product, the consistency is a little watery, but it is very opaque. The very thin, flexible brush makes it easy to apply a thin or thick line depending on how you angle it. The formula isn't completely smudge proof but it has a great wear time and doesn't try to slide down your face. Overall amazing for the price. Elf does make some other, much better liquid eyeliner and auto liner products.
Maisy L.
Maisy L.
I ran out of benefit eyeliner, so i needed a quick and cheap liner to last me until i could buy more. I went out and bout this liquid eyeliner from ELF for around $3, which is exactly what I'm looking for, PLUS elf is a cruelty free brand. I'm going to note some pro's and cons

PROS
With a eye primer, this liner stays on all day for the most part.
It doesn't transfer onto the top of my eyelid after a few hours into usage
slightly waterproof compared to other brands I've used
Goes on fairly easy (i have a steady hand)
It's $3

CONS
Without a primer, the formula is terrible, it's runny, and is basically water
The brush is a little thin(but i do my liner thick)

I definitely recommend it as starter makeup, or if you're on a budget!
Selina L.
Selina L.
Lafayette, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where is the cheapest place to purchase ELF?
Loribel A.
Loribel A.
Simpsonville, SC
I see a lot of girls using this product is it good and long lasting??
Mikayla F.
Mikayla F.
Baldwinsville, NY
Does it wipe off easily or fade away throughout the day?
Monique A.
Monique A.
Toronto,On
How good is elfs liquid eyeliner!?
michelle g.
michelle g.
valrico, fl
In what department/drug stores can I find e.l.f. products? on the hunt for some good cruelty free brands! thanks