BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

• Do the colors last all day?14 Answers
  • I love elf products but have never seen this. Has anyone ...1 Answers
  • How many have you tried? I have 3 of these little books, ...4 Answers
e.l.f. essential little black beauty book- eye
  • "I would recommend this product to any one. The eye shadows are really pigmented and there are great colors in the book. The only problem would be the size of it other than that i have to say it is great!!" in 49 reviews
  • "This little black book is so convenient! I bought it in the festive everyday and it is great for coming up with great neutral looks. It fits easily in your purse when you're on the go and is widely available on the eyeslipsface website, target, and walgreens (where I found mine!). This was one of my first ELF purchases and would definitely repurchase. " in 11 reviews
  • "These are good eye shadows some are very pigmented but some hardly give off and color (mostly matte shades) I have the warm edition and a like it a lot!" in 9 reviews
  • "It is perfect for travelling because it has so many different colors and the pigmentation is pretty good with a base underneath." in 8 reviews
  • "I've been using mine every other day since I got it and have loved how many color combinations you can make with this tiny book!" in 8 reviews
Ashley H.
Beckley, WV
Not very pigmented. It’s cheap. It took several layers to get the right pigmentation needed. It’s great for beginners however. I bought mine from Walmart years ago and rarely use it. Would not buy again.
Brittany B.
Bossier City
For the price this is awesome and really pigmented. It doesn't hold long though. Just enough for a night out. Also love that its a book and it's got the protective cover over the eye shadow.
Kendya R.
Philadelphia , PA
I don't even remember how I got this little palette, but it's been with me for a long time. It's a very affordable product, but some of the colors are not too pigmented or have a little bit of fallout, but that's ok, I think this is a good starter palette to play.
Summer K.
Albemarle, NC
I've had this thing for a long time now. My first eyeshadow palette and it's an alright palette. They shadows are okay in it. They have a bit of fall out though. But other then that it's pretty good I guess
christie p.
I have the palette in 'Warm'. I picked it up from Ross for about 3 dollars. Its amazing! I don't like the lippies though. I took that part of the palette out completely so all I have left is the eyeshadows. The fallout from the eyeshadows kept mixing in with the lippies and it just got messy. It was all good because I feel like none of the lippies looked right for my skin tone. Anyways, I abuse these eyeshadows lol. I've hit pan on about 9/28 of the shadows in a matter of months. There are 2 great shades to use for your brows as well, that are matte. They have 2 rows of neutral colors and 1 row of greens, and also 2 row of oranges. I'll probably hit pan on the greens last. I'm planning on hitting pan on all of the eyeshadows. What a challenge! Anyways, if you see these palettes at your local Ross, you should definitely pick it up! Hope to find the 'Cool' and try it out! ;)
Letitia M.
United Kingdom
The shadows themselves are quite chalky so you do have to tap out your brush before applying or it with end up all over you face. I also personally wouldn't use these without a primer, but I never ever use any eyeshadow without a primer, so it could just be me. When you're applying you do have to pack the colour on to get the full pigmentation, but once it's on there it looks great! The shimmery shadows are most pigmented than the matte ones, but if you work a little with them it shouldn't be too much of and issue.

I think that for the price and the amount of products you get it is definitely worth it. This one is also perfect for spring and summer, when you can get away with all these bright colours!
Kylee R.
Temecula , CA
Love this book. you get 48 eyeshadows for such a great deal $6! the shadows are pigmented and not too chalky. great for travel. has a decent size mirror. there is a lot of fall out when using the shadows so I recommend doing your eye makeup first when using this palette. but the colors in the palette are beautiful. A good variety of matte and shimmer shades. I use this for an everyday or along side my urban decay naked 2 palette if I wanna use the more bronze shades in that palette. amazing for the price. I recommend this palette. they have a bunch of different books with different colors.
Marlena A.
I love ELF Products, but sometimes its a hit or miss. Same with this product. Most of their darker colors are very well pigmented (A+), but for the lighter colors, I have to pack and pack on the color even with a primer and it still isn't the exact color that is on the pan. (C-) Some of the colors have glitter in them and the glitter leaves a lot of fall out honestly. I get more glitter to stay on my cheeks then on my eyelids. Its a great price, as all ELF products are... But if I didn't get this in one of their many promotions (BOGO free or something similar) I wouldn't purchase directly.
Brittany D.
I received this set in a gift set for Christmas. I was very excited because of the color selection in the book, since I'm sort of addicted to eye shadow. I love all the different colors in the book. Most of the colors are ones I could wear for different occasions, and the pigment isn't that bad, but the color does not last all day; you'd definitely need to reapply as the day went on, and carrying the book in a purse isn't that convenient. Also, I don't like that you only get 1 applicator in the book. With all those colors, you should definitely get at least 2.
Carola A.
I bought this on a whim when I saw it on an end cap at my local big box store, and I'm so glad I did! I normally wear MAC eyeshadow, but picked this up to try out new looks without spending a lot on something I might never wear past my makeup mirror. The colors are great, with a wide variety of neutrals (48) that have just the right amount of shimmer to make my complexion glow, but not be too overbearing for my conservative day job. Plus, the "little black book" they come in make them easy to keep in my purse, desk drawer, or just at home.
Monique P.
Do the colors last all day?
Sophia B.
New Waterford, NS
How much is it and is it worth buying?
Sarah W.
Merced, CA
How many have you tried? I have 3 of these little books, and some are nice and some are awful!
Stephanie M.
Mc Calla, AL
I paid less than $5.00 for it and for the price it was an okay palette. You can use it for everyday or for practice but I wouldn't but it to use for a special event. I truly hope this helps you . :-)
Courtney S.
Fort myers, FL
I love elf products but have never seen this. Has anyone used it and likes it?