BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #88 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out skin tone and absorbs excess oil, and sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. The colors are meant to be blended together as the blue neutralizes orange, the green neutralizes red, the pink neutralizes grey and the yellow brightens and neutralizes red.

• Is this a good make up brand to use if you start using some make ...13 Answers
  • Does this work well? My biggest issue with my skin is redness.... 5 Answers
  • Does this correcting powder work as well as others? Is it really ...4 Answers
e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder
  • "I wanted something to help tone down redness in my cheeks and help cover dark circles a bit and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't." in 6 reviews
  • "works well for my skin tone, i have a very pink face and it helps calm it down." in 5 reviews
  • "I get very red around the bridge of my nose and on the sides, this product works amazingly at covering the redness and making my skin look clearer" in 5 reviews
  • "My favorite setting powder especially when traveling since I usually tend to use loose powder this works just as well and I will continue to purchase this instead of high-end powders " in 5 reviews
  • "It's not for all skin types unfortunately, so I would stay away from this powder if you are a bit darker as it does tend to leave a slight white cast." in 5 reviews
Marci B.
Marshall, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love elf's tone correcting powder. For a product on the lower end of the price spectrum that are available anywhere from Drug Stores to Big Box Chain Stores, this is one great little product. However the one stipulation I will put out there is I feel since this is a powder, it is best used on normal to oily skin. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dryer skin unless there's a decent amount of moisturiser used-like if facial moisturizer, moisturizing primer& moisturizing foundation were all a part of your make up routine then i would definitely recommend elf's tone correcting powders as well. Give elf's tone correcting powders a try, you won't be disappointed! You can thank me later!😊😘👍
E A.
Review for: Cool
Ever buy something purely because someone on YouTube told you to? Welcome to my world.livloveshermakeup here and on Instagram has been extolling the virtues of this elf color correcting powder for quite some time now. I have pretty dry skin so I generally don't wear too much powder but I've been looking for different things to add into my daily routine and this $4 product seemed like a good fit.It's light, it's airy, it gives a matte but natural appearance and sinks into my skin instead of just sitting on top. I've used it right before setting spray to blend in my blush and light contour and I've used it first before applying any face products, either way it seems to work the same.I don't feel that this powder did anything to tone down any of my redness and uneven skin tone but I'm OK with that. I'll be using this daily as an all over face powder.Did I mention it was $4? Did I? $4.
Lara P.
Review for: Cool
I apply this with a fluffy brush, and it goes on silky smooth but doesn't look pasty.  It doesn't seem to leave a white cast like I've had happen with an HD powder, but I'm pale to begin with.  Takes off the shine, and lasts as long as any other powders I've tried.  It reapplies well without caking.  The packaging is slim, but sturdy, with a good size mirror.  It loads onto a brush easily, but doesn't kick up extra.  No 'poof' when I open it after it's been kicking around my bag all day.
I knocked it down a star because I'm not really seeing any tone correcting.  It's not intended to act as a concealor or anything, but I'm not seeing anything more than a basic flesh-toned powder would do.  This is my new go-to, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again and just ignore it's Tone Correcting claims.
Brittney V.
Grand Rapids, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
For fair-skinned ladies like myself, this powder is awesome. Because dark spots & imperfections are SUPER obvious on pale skin, we need all the help we can get. This powder works best when swirled all together. It creates a nice, light-toned setting powder that helps to color-correct anything that foundation or concealer may later reveal
Vi💋👑 J.
Review for: Cool
This is a great under eye setting powder. Its good for oily/combo- dry skin. Packaging is sleek and nice matte palette. It does break easily if you drop it. I put by brush on it and swirl it to get all the colors then apply it under my eyes. This does cause a white cast, but its great for a drugstore setting powder.
Valarie R.
Review for: Cool
I'm soooo happy I bought this! My all time favorite YouTuber raves about this product so I finally decided to see what the deal was with it and it looks so beautiful on the skin!
I have acne so once I place my foundation and concealer i swirl all the colors together to set my foundation and use the yellow under my eyes, it's very finely milled and extremely lightweight and soft. I do feel like it really balanced out my skin and made it less red. I'm super happy with the compact as well, it feels very luxurious and heavy with a medium sized mirror but it's only $4! I for sure would recommend this!
Chelsea N.
Omaha, NE
Review for: Cool
Not a fan! The powder is not pigmented enough nor is it thick enough to really do anything for anything that needs color correcting, and it's very drying, so don't plan on using it on dry skin. As you can see on my chin, there is still a ton of redness and now it looks super flakey after applying. I would not recommend this, I think a cream color correcting palace would be a much better use of money.
Tessa H.
Chickasha, OK
Review for: Cool
This is a great setting powder at a great price! It helps my skin look perfected and pretty all day. If you have super oily skin you may want something a little more heavy duty, but if you’re okay with needing touch ups it’s a good option!
Holly P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
When using this product, I first apply a translucent setting powder, and then apply this on top. I think it makes my skin look soft and smooth, and maybe adds a touch of color correction. I would like it better if it reduced redness a bit more.
Kylee F.
Pawnee, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is on the more affordable side of things, so you do get what you pay for. Aside from that, this is a good product. It does an alright job at covering my problem spots. My skin has a lot of red so I enjoy using the green.
Myranda L.
I have a lot of acne scars and red spots on my face. Would this be a good product to use for the red spots?
Mellisa O.
Is Walgreens the only play I can buy this product
Vanessa G.
Porterville , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a good make up brand to use if you start using some make up.
Krystina M.
Beverly, NJ
Should I put this on before my foundation and pressed powder, or after?
Wilmary G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What colors do u use for what? I was in the store today and didn't buy it because I just wasn't sure what to use for where. I know what color to use for my dark circles for my skin tone... But that's it.