e.l.f. Cosmetics SPF 20 Face Primer

I am looking for a primer for my oily face, is this primer good for oily skin?
Does this leave you oily?
Is the product strong enough in the summer?
Start your review of e.l.f. Cosmetics SPF 20 Face Primer!
Product Highlights
i loved this primer until i realized it didn't work that good on oily skin still one of my favorites tho in 516 reviews
its a tad oily when applying but it gives me a nice matte look that i love. inexpensive and lasts a long time. had mine over a year now. in 96 reviews
2 days agoMarion
This product worked okay. I used this and went out for about 6 hours and it felt like my face was sliding off. I have combo skin that’s more on the oily side and this just didn’t work for me at all. if you aren’t as oily as i am maybe this will work better for you.
2 months ago
This is a very nice primer and works great with makeup!! It feels like an oil so I'm suprised it has sunscreen block in it as well. It's very awesome and smells good too. Great for dry skin.
2 months agoMunnsville, NY
E.l.f face primer is my favorite I love how it feels on my skin it feels indescribable, it feels so amazing on my skin though and when I put my foundation over it, it is so long lasting and feels amazing through and through I buy this product all the time.
3 months ago
I love this product like I love it I like how they look yeah I like the natural natural like it’s really good but I got a dry day so yes I will improve the product I love it but yeah I don’t green guess I would recommend you try this is like a real good he does not give you acne stuff like that or Moen think but like whatever
22 days agoatlantic highlands
I know this is a cheap brand, but most of their products I have actually been impressed with. The primer not so much. It made my fave feel oily and I also found my makeup was creasing. I would not buy this product again
2 months agoCenterton, AR
If you have oily skin I would not recommend. It made my foundation basically slip off of my face after a few hours of wear. I do use this by its self when I don't want to wear foundation to take away the shine though!
3 months agoFalkville, AL
I love face primer with spf in it to protect especially during the months I spend a lot of time in the sun and elf does awesome at giving us one that doesn’t make my skin feel oily.
2 months agoSuperior, WI
This is such a great product. It’s light on my face and doesn’t make me feel like I’m wearing a ton of make up or clogging my pores. And you don’t need to use a lot.
3 months ago
This product isn’t bad, but I most likely wouldn’t purchase again. It may be just be because I love ELF, but have a tough time with primers. They always feel nice going on, like this one did, but after that they don’t really do much but feel like an extra layer that will cake up mid work shift. For someone who enjoys primers, this may work but I did not notice a difference and ELF also carries a primer putty that I absolutely love.
2 months agoLawndale
I really like the fact that this primer has SPF in it.  It applies smooth and it feels silky and sets up my face really nicely.  It feels in my pores and it doesn't have too bad a smell but like all SPF's it does have that typical smell.  I use this primer as well as the other e.l.f. primers because I think for the price these are just great!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
10 months ago
e.l.f. Cosmetics SPF 20 Face Primer does this primer leave shimmer?? And do you find it actually helps to prevent sun damage??
Rebecca M. 10 months ago
I have not tried this primer, but I just wanted to give some tips about spf. I didn’t even know this stuff until recently. You should have an spf 30 or higher to help with sun protection. Also, you need to apply quite a lot of sunscreen to get protection, which is why spf in makeup doesn’t really matter much. Just because you’re most likely not gonna be applying that much makeup lmao. Just to give you an idea of how much sunscreen you actually need, you need roughly about a finger length of sunscreen. If that makes sense.
a year ago