BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #4 in Eyelid Primer

Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear and increases eye color longevity.

• Do you apply primer EVERY time you do your eyeshadow? 8 Answers
  • What would your eyeshadow look like if you don't use primer vs us...4 Answers
  • How good is it? How long does it last?1 Answers
e.l.f. Cosmetics Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
  • "I use urban decay and elf and honestly there doesn't seem to be too much of a distinct difference.. the price is wonderful " in 1050 reviews
  • "I love dupes so much, they give me the same quality and efficiency I expect from high end products but don't rob me of my money." in 366 reviews
  • "& works great my eyeshadow lasts when I use this product and I always buy it because it's so very affordable and i use it almost every day." in 254 reviews
  • "I have extremely oily eyelids and this primer didn't quite do the job for me, however I use this primer on my clients and it works like a charm." in 198 reviews
  • "I think it's a great primer, its not as smooth and soft like other primers I've tried but for the price, you can't go wrong with buying it" in 171 reviews
Megan S.
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
This primer rocks for the price! I would describe my eyes as small, and minimal eye lid seen. Before I started using E.L.F eye lid primer, through out the day my eye shadow would wear off and start clumping together. Now, I never go without priming my eye lids with this primer. You can not beat it for the price. A tube lasts me almost 3 weeks, granted I do not use it every single day. The applicator is nice and sleek and easy to use. I love this produce and recommend it highly!
Victoria C.
Rockland, MA
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer, Sheer
When it comes to finding an awesome product you need at a very fast moment or a last second purchase, e.l.f cosmetics is the way to go!

When I first bought this product, I was a little iffy due to the price. Not many items that you purchase at such a low and affordable price worth it due to the way it actually appears when it’s used. In this case, that’s not even it. I was shocked when I used it because for something that can be purchased at the dollar tree for $1 was working amazing! Now, whenever I need primer or concealer and I don’t have a lot of money to run to ultra or Sephora at that exact moment, this is what I purchase.

E.l.f cosmetics is where it is when you are looking for an awesome drug store cosmetic! I definitely recommend this product to friends and family whenever they need something that holds up! e.l.f. Cosmetics Essentials Eyelid Primer
Christina G.
Colorado Springs
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this product after all of the great reviews on this site and unfortunately I can't agree. After reading several pages of eye primer reviews, it was a toss up between the E.L.F eye primer and the Hard Candy eye primer. Since I found both for cheap at Walmart (Canada), I ended up buying both. I just wrote a similar review on the Hard Candy eye primer which was that it was completely ineffective for me. Although this E.L.F. eye primer was a great price it did nothing to control the oil on my eyelids. Within 3 hours, my eyeliner had migrated and smeared.

I tried combining the E.L.F. eye primer with the Hard Candy eye primer thinking, "Well, they both got good reviews, maybe they'd be awesome together", but nope. Eyeliner smeared within a few hours and oil control only marginally better than wearing no primer at all. Also the wand was a little sticky to remove and insert into the tube, almost like it was too tight. Would not repurchase.
Ashley S.
Bealeton
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
I love a lot of the ELf products but I love this eyeshadow primer. My aunt got me into their stuff and started out with this and their eyeshadow and I love how it really makes your shadows pop. It goes on very nicely. I do have to use my finger to rub it some to get it evenly coated. It makes my shadow last longer without looking worn down. It’s very affordable. I think like $1-2 at Target? And this product will last you a very long time. Will definitely be continuing to use this product.
Jorden B.
Blanding
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
I stopped using this primer for a while because one eye kept creasing every time I used. I just recently started using it again trying to use up older product and now I LOVE it. I think before the problem was how I was applying it but now that I’ve changed my application method it’s wonderful. You are definitely getting more than what you paid for with this primer!
Lindsay D.
Fall river, MA
Review for: Sheer
I really enjoy this eye primer I bought it one time when I was on a wim and low on money just to try it out and to be completely honest I didn't have too high of hopes for it but I'm so glad I got it because I love it!! It works really good it keeps my eye makeup on all day without it creasing or moving and the best part about it is it's super cheap like a $1 cheap can't beat it!! I even went and got back ups just to have this quickly became one of my favorite eye primers from the drug store. The only not so great thing about it is it dosent last long but for a $1 who really cares right!?? I highly recommend for those who haven't tried it to pick it up and give it a shot and hophely you'll enjoy it as much as I do..I purchased mines at walgreens.
Sugar H.
Houston
Review for: Sheer
I just bought this eye primer. Havent tired the Urban Decay one yet. I cant afford buying it to tell you the truth. Im so happy to find out its like the Urban Decay myself and dont have to spend alot of money to get the same results. I bought the Glamierre giltter palette so I had to buy an eyeshadow primer, saw this one at the Supermart and grab it. Man this primer lock it in place barely no fall out and didnt crease at all! Im so happy I think I'll have to keep using it for good!
Vivi D.
Bakersfield, CA
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
I LOVE THIS!!!!! I can not put anything else but this first. My eyeliner and my eyeshadow will get all blended to get her and look like if I went for a swim if I don’t use this. I struggle with that issue and never really put on eyeliner and eyeshadow because of that issue and about 3 year ago I came across this and have been using this every single day. I can not tell you how much this will change your life if you are like me and oily skin on the eye lids.
Amanda S.
Roxbury Xing, MA
Review for: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer, Sheer, Sheer
This product is fine for everyday. If you just want to swipe a little something in your crease or on your lids for work, it will make it last longer. However, for my eyes it does not hold up as well as other drugstore ones such as my wet n wild one which truly lasts all night! I use this because I own it, but likely will not repurchase and I do not choose this for an event or when I take the time to do something a little nicer with my eye makeup. Wet N Wild Fergie Eyeshadow PrimerWet N Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer, For My Primas 0.34 fl oze.l.f. Cosmetics Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
Julie N.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Sheer
This is my go-to eyelid primer. It's super inexpensive (~$2) and it works wonders. I apply this before I put on my eyeshadow everyday and have been using this for about 5 months I would say (in that time I have purchased around 3 tubes). They come in a tube, so they're pretty small, but they do last me a while since I'm not using it for my whole face and just me eyelids.

This primer allows me to apply my eyeshadow smoothly, blend it in well, and there are no creases at all throughout the day! It locks in my eyeshadow and there's no discoloration after a long day. I definitely recommend!
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
How many hours (on average) does your eye makeup stay on with this?
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Urban Decays Primer Potion?
Elizabeth B.
Brooklyn, NY
For only $1.00, you can't beat the price. Do you feel the same way about most of the Elf line?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Does the primer work well on your eyes?
Chelsea K.
Hattiesburg, MS
How do you apply this product and avoid creasing?