Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer

Putty Eye Primer

I purchased the Elf Putty Eye Primer, I heard great things about it, but honestly I’m terrified to use it and play around with it. Has anyone used it and can give me any suggestions about this product Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer ?
I’ve been seeing a lot of people do reviews about this in TikTok and Instagram, etc. is this product really worth the hype?
Start your review of Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer!
Rachel B.
Beckley, WV
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Rachel B.
This primer is way too dry. I like the Poreless Putty Primer, and was expecting a similar consistency. I was really disappointed because I feel like it takes way too much effort to blend, and that is really bad for your skin, ESPECIALLY the eye area. I will not buy this product again.
Tiffany C.
fairbanks
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Tiffany C.
Purchased at: Target
Purchased this putty eye primer a few days ago at target. I love it it’s very thick and a little hard to spread but it does make you eyeshadow more vibrant and last all day. I will purchase it again differently.
Courtney T.
Biloxi, MS
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Courtney T.
Purchased at: ULTA
Absolutely horrible for people with slightly oily or hooded eyes. I was better off not even using a primer. The creasing was awful. I had high hopes. This photo was taken one hour after application.
Brittany B.
Kent, WA
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Brittany B.
Considering how good the other putty primers from ELF are, it was disappointing how dry this formula is. Yes it works as a brightening base, but due to its super dry formula, it is really hard to properly blend out. It’s a chalk like consistency, and ends up applying in awkward chunks that don’t blend well no matter if you use your finger or a brush for application. It is easier to just use a white concealer base tbh.
Tina P.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Tina P.
I like this I just had to work with it. It has to be smoothed out and worked with. I really don't know if I will buy it again. I just bought some Hardy Candy eye primer. i look forward to trying it out.
Crystal W.
Florence, SC
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Crystal W.
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Crystal W.
This is one of my go to primers to use! it's so easy to apply. It feels super smooth on my face, almost like a moisturizer. I notice that when I use this particular primer and let it get slightly tacky before applying my foundation that my makeup lasts a lot longer and it gives it a smoother appearance. It doesn't have much of a smell so no irritation there if you're sensitive to fragrances. Overall, this is a fantastic product!
Jennifer A.
Tennessee
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Jennifer A.
I love this. It is hands down my secret weapon for an eye look that lasts all day. My shimmer stays in place and doesn't fade. I absolutely love the look of this by itself as well. It cancels out any discoloration on the lid and looks matte and fresh. Out of the park, ELF!
Ellen M.
Monroe, GA
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Ellen M.
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Ellen M.
I have a love/hate with this product. Sometimes I get a smooth finish and sometimes it creases so bad. I’ve learn to first apply it with my finger and the heat from my finger loosens it up some then I go in with a brush after maybe add little more if need be. As for it helping with pigmentation it works great. I heard this is a dupe for MAC paint pots. For the price it’s good but I love abh eye primer out of all the eye primers I’ve tried. This dose run a little thick and if you don’t have it set on the eyes the way you want it can get patchy. If your having a bad skin day this will highlight it bad. It’s okay I think elf needs to tweak it a little bit but like I said for the price it’s not bad. #elf #elfputty #primer #eyeprimer #elfputtyprimer #makeupcare #dryskin #affordable #whiteprimer
Arleen W.
Springfield, IL
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer uploaded by Arleen W.
ELF offers products that are quality and affordable. I use this eye lid primer before all eye shadows. It holds the product on all day. The amount of product for the value is huge. I would say if you are looking for a good quality product that is reasonably priced pick this up. e.l.f. Putty Eye Primer - Cream - 0.19oz
Purchased at: ULTA
I got this eye primer at the same time as I got the essence melted chrome eyeshadow #8 and the essence the False Lashes - Volume and Curl mascara, this afternoon. So far, I do like it as it applies smoothly and evenly either with a small eyeshadow brush or fingers, and really does enhance the appearance of an eyeshadow you put on top by brightening and I think, intensifying the color of the eyeshadow above it. I wish it would be *slightly* creamier/less firm, but I primarily applied it to my kids with my eyeshadow brush; I am pretty sure if I just used my finger to apply it, the heat from my fingertip would warm and soften it for a slightly smoother application. It wasn't enough of a concern for me that I would review it any lower. I got mine for only $5 and in my opinion, you get quite a bit if product for that price, especially considering you only need to apply a tiny bit on each eyelid prior to applying your eyeshadow (s) you'd like to use for your eye look. I will attach pictures if the primer alone on my eyelids (white color, no shimmer) as well as the primer with melted chrome essence eyeshadow on top. I do recommend this product if you wear eyeshadow often or even want to start experimenting with eyeshadow looks, as I really do think it helps to brighten your eyeshadow and help it stand out more! I will mention that if you would like a more subtle/neutral brightening effect, you might want to try this product in the color "cream." My friend who I often go I the mall with tried this product in the cream color, and she loved it both as a base for her eyeshadow as well as in her undereye area with a thin coating prior to applying her undereye concealer to help it stay on that area of her skin better throughout the day. There is also a "rose" shade which neither of us have tried, so unfortunately I cannot speak to the qualities of that shade of the product. Hope that was jelly, as well as my pictures below! 👁️✨
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Miranda D.
E Travis Blvd
il y a 19 jours
Su B. il y a 19 jours
It’s great if you need a really strong eye primer for example if you have oily lids. Rub your finger in the pot a little to warm it up. Then pat it on your eyelid. You’ll have to go back to the pot a couple times to pick up more on your finger. Just put a thin layer on.
Jenny R.
Liverpool, Merseyside
il y a un mois
Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer is this any good for under eye?
Jasmin D.
Surrey , BC
il y a un mois
Is this Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer worth it? Does it actually help make the bye shadow pop and stay on longer
il y a 2 mois
Here are the cosmetics products I used for my makeup look today... Elf Cosmetics Putty Eye Primer Revlon ColorStay Creme Longwear Eyeshadow 740 Black Current - 0.14oz (but in the color Cherry Blossom, which I was not able to find in the search), Essence Volume Booster Lash Primer 0.24oz, pack of 1 Burt's Bees Nourishing Mascara ULTA Cool Committee Jelly Face Primer Elf Cosmetics High Definition Powder Wet n Wild Liquid Liner H20 Proof-Blk (Pack of 4) These are the only things I used today, except for a little bit of a generic brand eyeshadow in a peach tone, that I got from Mercari, in between the elf putty eye primer and the Revlon Creme Eyeshadow. I did not use anything on my eyebrows so far today.🌸☺️
Samantha F. il y a 2 mois
Thank you!! That's sweet of you to say ☺️ Ambar D.
il y a 2 mois