e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer

This skin perfecting putty primer is infused with Squalane to help grip makeup for all-day wear and help protect the skin from moisture loss. The velvety texture glides effortlessly over the skin, smoothing over imperfections for a poreless effect.

HOW TO USE

Apply a thin, even amount to moisturized skin prior to makeup application.
Allow to set for 30 seconds before applying foundation.

INGREDIENTS

Net. Wt. 0.74 oz. (21g) - Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ceresin, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-10 Tris(trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hands or brush? What are you getting the best results with?
Has any tried the e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer ? I just ordered it from Ulta. Fingers crossed. 🤞
How well does this work on textured skin that can get both very oily and very dry depending on the climate ?
Start your review of e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer!
How would you rate this product?
a month agoSpruce Head, ME
Purchased at: Walmart
After being sold out everywhere for a couple months, I finally got my hands on this bad boy. I'd been reading about it for those couple months & didn't understand, until I got & tried it, what all the hype was about. Boy do I get it now! This is supposed to be a much cheaper version of Tatchas The Silk Canvas, which I've yet to try. Whether you have large pores or not, this fills them in & creates a perfect canvas for your makeup. It's thicker than some primers yet thin on your face. A little goes a LONG way. It has a blurring effect & feels like you're not wearing anything. It blends in beautifully & has the perfect tackiness for your foundation to adhere to. It kept my makeup in place ALL day long & that is no joke. This is my Holy Grail of primers. I HIGHLY recommend this product. e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer
20 days ago
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by Paige C.
LOVE THIS STUFF!!! It’s a dupe for my HG primer the tatcha silk canvas. I actually alternate between these two. I can’t say enough good things about it and I’m obviously not the only one who loves it because every time I go to target or Walmart they’re sold out. I have several as back ups myself that’s probably what people are doing with it. I hope elf never discontinue this product. Make application wise I think my make up actually goes on smoother with it than the silk canvas. Probably the squalane oil in it that make the make up just guild right over. Now are for pore filling I don’t know how well it is at that because I don’t really have enlarged pores. It does help my make last all day. I just can’t say enough good things about this product excuse my hair and brows in the attached photo I had just gotten off work that day and im a bartender/bar manager if you’ve ever worked in the service industry you know how tough a days work can be! This is probably 9 hrs of wear in this photo
3 months agoMorgantown , WV
Purchased at: Walmart
I wanted so bad to like this. I’d heard such good things about this primer, and it sounded right up my alley. Pore filling, long wearing, skin nourishing, and so on. I committed to using this primer, and only the primer, for a solid month to see just how I liked it. Starting with the positives! You really can’t beat the price, especially for how much product you get for it. Even using this for a solid month, it barely shows any use. Only a slight dip. Next, it does apply very well. It glides on nicely, doesn’t pill up, and feels lovely. It doesn’t dry down in a way that it’s tight or uncomfortable. It just melds with your skin. It provides solid grip for foundation, and it actually made using stick foundation a little more difficult for it! I had to apply the stick to the brush instead of stick to skin, or otherwise it was more difficult to blend out. My foundation lasted longer with this, but not the entire day, as I’ll get to shortly. The pros of this product are pretty solid. The negatives, however, were enough to relegate this to the “destash” bin. My skin is dry to normal. No matter how little I use, my foundation gets greasy by hour five. I have tried different foundations, but they all end up oily. This has lead to foundation breaking up on my chin. All of this lead to reduced wear time. I may try this again in the wintertime when the squalane in the primer would be more beneficial and the dry air mitigates the oiliness problem.
a month agoBatesville , AR
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by Paige L.
This $8 product from ELF cosmetics is a true blessing!! If you have seen all your favorite influencers trying out and comparing it the Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer and you’ve been wanting to try it but don’t want to make a HUGE Financial decision, well now you can at just a fraction of the cost! You get the same amount of product with E.L.F. that you would with Tatcha. The packaging is very minimalistic with E.L.F. it’s just a clear plastic jar with a sleek matte black lid. The product itself has a very similar consistency, smooth, light, pore filling without the silicone feel, and leaves your face feeling super soft, smooth and even.Overall performance was pretty darn close, the Tatcha primer does last and hold your makeup look for a bit longer, but not so much longer that it’s drastically different. For an $8 primer that is accessible and affordable, it just doesn’t get better than this! e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer
8 days agoSan Antonio
I love this product. It was worth the wait to find it in store! It smooths my poors without breaking down makeup I put on over it. However, I have found that if I put on too much that it can be difficult to work with and cause some problems with foundation on top. It doesn't pill or anything, I just think my foundation looks greasier if I use too much of this primer below it. I have very large pores, and this primer does a pretty good job filling everything in. It's not 100% perfect, but I have found that using a pressing motion instead of rubbing it in like lotion provides the best pore-filling effect.
2 months agohomestead
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by Marialejandra T.
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by Marialejandra T.
OMGGGGGGGG. This is the best primer ever, I was no sure about this product, I have big pores, and I dont Like to use silicone in my Face, and this primer dont have, If you are animal lover like me, this is for you, because is crueltyfree, the best is if you want the same result of tatcha primer, but chepear this product is for you, my face looks amazing with this primer, my foundation, this is just the best product ever, thanks e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer.
2 months agoMontgomry Vlg, MD
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by victoria R.
Purchased at: Walmart
I just got this primer a couple of days ago and I gotta say I'm in love with it. a little goes a long way and it blurs my pores like a dream and also makes my skin a little tacky. I still don't feel like it's an absolute holy grail like it is for other people, but it is pretty good. I would purchase it again!
14 hours agoCincinnati, OH
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by Andrea L.
Purchased at: Target
I purchased this last week from target. The price point is great! It is very similar to the tacha silk canvas primer when it comes to the feel of it while applying. However, it doesnt compare to silk canvas when it comes to the lasting of your makeup, in my opinion. When I use silk canvas, I notice I dont get as oily and my makeup doesnt patch in spot later in the day, like it did with this primer. This is good in a pinch and does make your foundation apply easier. But, if you're looking for lasting power in your makeup application this isnt it. I probably wouldnt purchase again.
3 days agoDudley
Think this is awesome! Feels thick to touch but doesn’t on the face. Really does fill in pores nicely and smooths your face where applied. Works well under foundations, however I find that if I’m using a more matte foundation then I will also go in with something a little more hydrating underneath because I have dry to normal skin and this primer can be mattifying as well. It’s a great dupe for the tatcha silk canvas. Such an affordable price for a really great product so I definitely recommend trying for someone who wants a nice blurring and pore filling primer!
2 months agoBradford, PA
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer uploaded by Kristen S.
Okay so I was up in the air about trying this product simply because I thought it would make my foundation look too thick since it was a "putty". I was so wrong, I caved and bought this and I am so glad I did!  e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer makes me feel like I have a smooth soft canvas to work with when applying my make up and I LOVE IT!! Since purchasing I have yet to buy another face primer.

461 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
2 days ago
Kristen D. a day ago
Lately this has been the primer I’ve been reaching for. Very happy with the purchase and the price!
3 days ago
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer ? Does this product stop oil or create more I have a oily t zone with very large pores is this the product for me?
Harika T. 2 days ago
I have combo skin and my tzone doesn’t get that oily if I’m being honest since I can fix it easily with a bit of setting powder. So I personally hated how this primer made my foundation apply patchy even if it filled in my pores a lot. (I learned later that I was probably using too much) But it also didn’t erase my pores as much as the Maybelline Baby Skin pore eraser/silicone primers do for me so I gave it to my best friend who DOES have super oily skin and she swears this really helped with oil control, smoothed out her pores, and made her makeup last much longer!
5 days ago
e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer any good? I've been wanting to try with my oily skin and massive pores..
Kala S. 5 days ago
Following...I love most e.l.f. that I've tried, and this is a problem for me also
5 days ago
Kristen D. 5 days ago
Yes. I have dry skin except my nose can on occasion become slightly oily. It handles both well and keeps my makeup going all day