Add a Photo

By E.L.F. COSMETICS
#10 in Face Primer

This clear multipurpose skin primer helps prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting finish. Designed to help combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines.

How to use:

Pump out a small amount and blend evenly with your fingers over the face and neck. For best results, you may need to pump the component several times before product dispenses.

Photos (548)
Marie M.
Marie M.
Cameron, NC

Ok, confession time! I have never used a face primer before! :0 I know right? I have oily/combination skin so I have always been afraid to put a primer on instead of just moisturizer. I’ve always been afraid it will clog my pores and cause my skin to crazy!

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer was a very pleasant experience for me so before I dive in with my input let me explain what it does. This is the clear version. They also have it a lavender, green, and beige that all do different facial skin corrections. The clear one was developed to combat excessive oil (HELLO that’s me), flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines so you’re makeup can go on satin smooth. Um, I don’t know about you but this speaks to me!

So it comes out of the bottle as a gel and I was afraid this was going to be heavy but it was nowhere near what I thought it was going to be. It went on so light! It absorbed very quickly and seriously guys I swear my skin transformed right before my eyes. Like literally I kept looking at my skin in the mirror all close and stuff lol! My natural, slightly uneven skin all of a sudden looked smoother and flawless. Like it legit looked like I had a peel done or something! My face felt so silky soft. You could really feel the light minerals in this stuff like a veil over your face. It also smells amazing!

I chose to apply two different types of foundations I use. Medium coverage CoverGirl Clean and full coverage MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The reason I did this is because my face undertone is stuck somewhere in between light and medium so usually I have to mix two different foundations to get the color I need. I also like to cover up my blemishes, breakouts, and uneven skin tone. This excessive layering though usually causes my foundation to slip throughout the day and you can really see some caking sometimes around dry areas of my face that need to be exfoliated.

This worked amazing to prevent slippage. So much so that my face actually felt dry to the touch instead of slightly oily with a bunch of makeup on. I also noticed when removing with a makeup wipe that there was way more makeup on the wipe at the end of the day then usual. While I still had some issues with fine lines showing around my eyes and forehead, it did create a smooth airbrush finish and the caking was way less than usual. For sure going to find a new foundation routine to use with this or switch to a lighter method.

I give this product a 5!
Mariiana G.
Mariiana G.
Los Angeles

Undefined Miami, FL188 reviews Undefined Transform your face into a flawless and flawless canvas with Face Primer Mineral Infusion. Developed to combat against excess fat, flaky dryness, dilated pores and fine lines. This first multipurpose will prepare the skin for the makeup leaving a satin finish of long duration.It is used on clean skin before applying the base, you pump a small amount and it diffuses evenly with the fingers on the face and the neck. It comes in various shades, Green is ideal for minimizing redness and correction of blemishes on the skin, Lavender is ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten muted tones or yellow, Radiant Glow (contains gloss) is ideal for creating A Luminizing effect of dark spots and uneven skin tones.I used to use the baby skin of Maybelline as a primer, I did not like it very much, and I had the idea of ​​eliminating the primers of my life, but this made me change my mind, it's totally different. And I could feel my skin smooth without being noticed that I have product, to apply the base I realized that it helped a lot to blur better on the skin and leaving a better finish. The hours passed and I noticed that I did not have fat (or excess of it) and my makeup was lasting a lot more than it used to last, it really helps to control the fat as it promises, this I fall completely in love because I am oily skin and it is One of the problems that I have had to deal with in my life (very annoying) and with this first my makeup lasts much more even sweating from the heat, even helps to have more durability shadows without being first of shadows (that I am For buying one). Would I buy it again? Yes, first because I had no reaction with it and it is of very good quality.
Malia R.
Malia R.

Yagnanira R.
Yagnanira R.
Medley, FL

This first multipurpose will prepare the skin for the makeup leaving a satin finish of long duration.It is used on clean skin before applying the base, you pump a small amount and it diffuses evenly with the fingers on the face and the neck. It comes in various shades, Green is ideal for minimizing redness and correction of blemishes on the skin, Lavender is ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten muted tones or yellow, Radiant Glow (contains gloss) is ideal for creating A Luminizing effect of dark spots and uneven skin tones.I used to use the baby skin of Maybelline as a primer, I did not like it very much, and I had the idea of ​​eliminating the primers of my life, but this made me change my mind, it's totally different. And I could feel my skin smooth without being noticed that I have product, to apply the base I realized that it helped a lot to blur better on the skin and leaving a better finish. The hours passed and I noticed that I did not have fat (or excess of it) and my makeup was lasting a lot more than it used to last, it really helps to control.
Sonia C.
Sonia C.
Long Beach, CA

I must admit that I did not give this primer enough credit than it deserves. I honestly thought this was just going to be another mediocre primer. But boy, was I glad that I was proven wrong!

This primer is seriously amazing. This coming from someone who uses Make Up For Ever’s primer religiously. In fact, I actually PREFER (*gasps*) e.l.f.’s primer.

This primer gives my face such a smooth, mattifying finish. As someone who tends to get oily as the day progresses, this is a seriously huge plus for me. I actually notice that my face appears WAY less oiler at the end of the day, too.

I don’t know how to describe the texture of this primer, but when you feel it between your fingers, you just know that this is the good stuff. My foundation goes on SO smoothly with this primer, too!

At $6, this primer is at such an unbeatable price. They even have a purple primer (Brightening Lavender), green primer (Tone Adjusting Green), and a primer that contains shimmer (Radiant Glow). Once I’m done with this, I will be repurchasing and trying out the purple and green primer!
Marisa D.
Marisa D.

I purchased this primer after hearing beauty blogger Jessica talk about it on her Youtube channel, JAMBeauty. I've used the Too Faced HangoverRX Hydrating Primer for forever. I have combo skin but it quickly becomes dry and patchy during the colder months so I reach for a hydrating primer more often than not. That being said, I've noticed my pores becoming more of an issue lately and wanted to try a primer that would help to fill and blur them. This guy has changed the primer game for me! I seriously was not expecting such great results for something so inexpensive. It easily filled in my pores while smoothing out my complexion, thereby allowing my foundation to blend into my skin seamlessly. It is velvety soft to the touch and feels amazing on your skin, something I've come to expect of only high-end products. Also, it did not dry out my skin or stick to any dry patches. If anything, it seemed to add moisture back to my skin.Shoutout to ELF for creating this bad boy! I think I've found my new ride or die primer.
Elaina M.
Elaina M.

Okay, so I received this in a recent voxbox, and honestly I wasn't expecting much. As we all know, e.l.f. products can be really hit or miss, and I haven't heard any good reviews on their face primers. When I first tried this product out, I was immediately displeased because it was very siliconey, and I have oily skin, and those two don't typically make a great combination. I tried it anyway, and I mean it minimized my pores on my nose pretty well (I don't typically use primers like this because I'm a broke college student and I don't have money to buy primer so I can't really compare it to any high end ones.). I was expecting my face to be extremely oily within like two hours, but several hours later I noticed my makeup was still mostly intact (blush, bronzer, highlight) whereas without the primer it would have faded by that time! My face was shiny but it wasn't unbearable. I would definitely recommend this product if you have oily skin and you want to try a primer!
Ali S.
Ali S.
Minneapolis, MN

I'll start out by saying I don't use primer on myself very often. I'm very oily and I don't like how primers feel on my skin. That being said, if I did wear primer this would be a good choice. I found it very similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, but at a much better price.

The e.l.f. primer packaging is a little deceiving which is one of these reasons I didn't rate this higher. You only get 0.47 oz vs Smashbox's 1.0 oz.However, after doing the math e.l.f is still a 3rd of the price of Smashbox (e.l.f. = $12.77/oz & Smashbox = $36/oz). I am planning to pick up the color correcting primers to try out as well!

e.l.f is also a #crueltyfree brand. They do state on their site that their essential brushes are made from "cut natural horse hair" which is a bit ambiguous. If you are interested in learning more about this, Cruelty Free Kitty has a blog post about it.
Tori L.
Tori L.

This is seriously such an amazing primer! I f anyone here likes he smashes original blur primer this one is pretty much a perfect dupe for it! This has quickly become one of my ALL TIME favorite primers EVER! I have dry skin and I like a primer that's going to help smooth any imperfections that I have and this does exactly that! Seriously this makes any foundation apply extremely smooth and stay flawless and smooth through the whole day! I work at sephora and under those bright lights and working those long holiday shifts I want to make sure my makeup stays flawless without me having to worry about touching up throughout the day and this allows me to stay worry free! Honestly guys this is such an amazing primer and it's so affordable for all you guys and gals who are on a budget but want quality makeup! I would def recommend this to everyone!
Amy H.
Amy H.
West Falls, NY

I have very fair, dry/dehydrated skin. I use the ELF Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in lavender under my foundation/BB Cream. The lavender not only helps to combat my redness in my face, but it's soothing and really does make my face appear brighter. In a natural, glow from within sense. I'm shocked that an inexpensive product like this has that much influence over how my face looks. Since it's a primer, it also helps to make my face products glide over my pores easier and to stay on longer. I LOVE that ELF added a pump to this product, too! Some high end brands don't even bother to add a pump. We all know the benefits of not exposing the actual product to sunlight, air or our fingers (into a pot/jar). ELF has done a great job with this product! If you're fair and have slight redness, try this out. For only $6, what do you have to lose?
Emily L.
Emily L.
Mount Carmel, PA

Looking for a good face primer. I know elf products are a pretty good price. Would anyone recommend this?
Elvia D.
Elvia D.

Does this primer work well on oily skin?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA

Is this good?
Alexus Y.
Alexus Y.

So I really love elf but i know their products can be cheaply made as well sometimes. Is this a reliable primer??
Deblina B.
Deblina B.
Kolkata

Hello. I am very much interested in this product but I would like to know if it is suitable for oily skin or dry skin?

Join Now