4 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #7 in Face Primer

This clear multipurpose skin primer helps prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting finish. Designed to help combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines.

How to use:

Pump out a small amount and blend evenly with your fingers over the face and neck. For best results, you may need to pump the component several times before product dispenses.

• Does this primer work well on oily skin? 25 Answers
  • Will this make my makeup last all day?1 Answers
  • Do you think a primer is necessary and what kind would you recommen...3 Answers
Marie M.
Marie M.
Cameron, NC
Ok, confession time! I have never used a face primer before! :0 I know right? I have oily/combination skin so I have always been afraid to put a primer on instead of just moisturizer. I’ve always been afraid it will clog my pores and cause my skin to crazy!

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer was a very pleasant experience for me so before I dive in with my input let me explain what it does. This is the clear version. They also have it a lavender, green, and beige that all do different facial skin corrections. The clear one was developed to combat excessive oil (HELLO that’s me), flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines so you’re makeup can go on satin smooth. Um, I don’t know about you but this speaks to me!

So it comes out of the bottle as a gel and I was afraid this was going to be heavy but it was nowhere near what I thought it was going to be. It went on so light! It absorbed very quickly and seriously guys I swear my skin transformed right before my eyes. Like literally I kept looking at my skin in the mirror all close and stuff lol! My natural, slightly uneven skin all of a sudden looked smoother and flawless. Like it legit looked like I had a peel done or something! My face felt so silky soft. You could really feel the light minerals in this stuff like a veil over your face. It also smells amazing!

I chose to apply two different types of foundations I use. Medium coverage CoverGirl Clean and full coverage MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The reason I did this is because my face undertone is stuck somewhere in between light and medium so usually I have to mix two different foundations to get the color I need. I also like to cover up my blemishes, breakouts, and uneven skin tone. This excessive layering though usually causes my foundation to slip throughout the day and you can really see some caking sometimes around dry areas of my face that need to be exfoliated.

This worked amazing to prevent slippage. So much so that my face actually felt dry to the touch instead of slightly oily with a bunch of makeup on. I also noticed when removing with a makeup wipe that there was way more makeup on the wipe at the end of the day then usual. While I still had some issues with fine lines showing around my eyes and forehead, it did create a smooth airbrush finish and the caking was way less than usual. For sure going to find a new foundation routine to use with this or switch to a lighter method.

I give this product a 5!
Malia R.
Malia R.
MIAMI, FL
Transform your face into a flawless and flawless canvas with Face Primer Mineral Infusion. Developed to combat against excess fat, flaky dryness, dilated pores and fine lines. This first multipurpose will prepare the skin for the makeup leaving a satin finish of long duration.

It is used on clean skin before applying the base, you pump a small amount and it diffuses evenly with the fingers on the face and the neck. It comes in various shades, Green is ideal for minimizing redness and correction of blemishes on the skin, Lavender is ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten muted tones or yellow, Radiant Glow (contains gloss) is ideal for creating A Luminizing effect of dark spots and uneven skin tones.

I used to use the baby skin of Maybelline as a primer, I did not like it very much, and I had the idea of ​​eliminating the primers of my life, but this made me change my mind, it's totally different. And I could feel my skin smooth without being noticed that I have product, to apply the base I realized that it helped a lot to blur better on the skin and leaving a better finish. The hours passed and I noticed that I did not have fat (or excess of it) and my makeup was lasting a lot more than it used to last, it really helps to control the fat as it promises, this I fall completely in love because I am oily skin and it is One of the problems that I have had to deal with in my life (very annoying) and with this first my makeup lasts much more even sweating from the heat, even helps to have more durability shadows without being first of shadows (that I am For buying one). Would I buy it again? Yes, first because I had no reaction with it and it is of very good quality.
Sonia C.
Sonia C.
Long Beach, CA
I must admit that I did not give this primer enough credit than it deserves. I honestly thought this was just going to be another mediocre primer. But boy, was I glad that I was proven wrong!

This primer is seriously amazing. This coming from someone who uses Make Up For Ever’s primer religiously. In fact, I actually PREFER (*gasps*) e.l.f.’s primer.

This primer gives my face such a smooth, mattifying finish. As someone who tends to get oily as the day progresses, this is a seriously huge plus for me. I actually notice that my face appears WAY less oiler at the end of the day, too.

I don’t know how to describe the texture of this primer, but when you feel it between your fingers, you just know that this is the good stuff. My foundation goes on SO smoothly with this primer, too!

At $6, this primer is at such an unbeatable price. They even have a purple primer (Brightening Lavender), green primer (Tone Adjusting Green), and a primer that contains shimmer (Radiant Glow). Once I’m done with this, I will be repurchasing and trying out the purple and green primer!
Elaina M.
Elaina M.
Okay, so I received this in a recent voxbox, and honestly I wasn't expecting much. As we all know, e.l.f. products can be really hit or miss, and I haven't heard any good reviews on their face primers. When I first tried this product out, I was immediately displeased because it was very siliconey, and I have oily skin, and those two don't typically make a great combination. I tried it anyway, and I mean it minimized my pores on my nose pretty well (I don't typically use primers like this because I'm a broke college student and I don't have money to buy primer so I can't really compare it to any high end ones.). I was expecting my face to be extremely oily within like two hours, but several hours later I noticed my makeup was still mostly intact (blush, bronzer, highlight) whereas without the primer it would have faded by that time! My face was shiny but it wasn't unbearable. I would definitely recommend this product if you have oily skin and you want to try a primer!
Ali S.
Ali S.
Minneapolis, MN
I'll start out by saying I don't use primer on myself very often. I'm very oily and I don't like how primers feel on my skin. That being said, if I did wear primer this would be a good choice. I found it very similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, but at a much better price.

The e.l.f. primer packaging is a little deceiving which is one of these reasons I didn't rate this higher. You only get 0.47 oz vs Smashbox's 1.0 oz.However, after doing the math e.l.f is still a 3rd of the price of Smashbox (e.l.f. = $12.77/oz & Smashbox = $36/oz). I am planning to pick up the color correcting primers to try out as well!

e.l.f is also a #crueltyfree brand. They do state on their site that their essential brushes are made from "cut natural horse hair" which is a bit ambiguous. If you are interested in learning more about this, Cruelty Free Kitty has a blog post about it.
Tori L.
Tori L.
This is seriously such an amazing primer! I f anyone here likes he smashes original blur primer this one is pretty much a perfect dupe for it! This has quickly become one of my ALL TIME favorite primers EVER! I have dry skin and I like a primer that's going to help smooth any imperfections that I have and this does exactly that! Seriously this makes any foundation apply extremely smooth and stay flawless and smooth through the whole day! I work at sephora and under those bright lights and working those long holiday shifts I want to make sure my makeup stays flawless without me having to worry about touching up throughout the day and this allows me to stay worry free! Honestly guys this is such an amazing primer and it's so affordable for all you guys and gals who are on a budget but want quality makeup! I would def recommend this to everyone!
Amy H.
Amy H.
West Falls, NY
Review for: 83403 Brightening Lavender By E.L.F.
I have very fair, dry/dehydrated skin. I use the ELF Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in lavender under my foundation/BB Cream. The lavender not only helps to combat my redness in my face, but it's soothing and really does make my face appear brighter. In a natural, glow from within sense. I'm shocked that an inexpensive product like this has that much influence over how my face looks. Since it's a primer, it also helps to make my face products glide over my pores easier and to stay on longer. I LOVE that ELF added a pump to this product, too! Some high end brands don't even bother to add a pump. We all know the benefits of not exposing the actual product to sunlight, air or our fingers (into a pot/jar). ELF has done a great job with this product! If you're fair and have slight redness, try this out. For only $6, what do you have to lose?
Audrey R.
Audrey R.
Va Beach, VA
*~* I received this from Influenster in a Voxbox *~*

Pleasantly surprised with this primer. I have super dry skin, so my go-to primer (that also doubles as a moisturizer) has been Too Faced's Hangover RX Primer. I love it, it makes my skin super soft and helps the make up apply good but doesn't particularly get the job done in terms of keeping my foundation on my face and getting caky. So what I decided to try out, was put on my TF Primer as a more of a moisturizer, the Elf Primer next, and then of course my Holy Grail Product the MUFE Ultra HD Foundation, and it was seriously the dream team. My face looked so flawless and the foundation glided on and actually stayed on, giving me a super natural, gorgeous finish. Highly recommended using this primer AFTER you use a moisturizer, it makes all the difference and is the PERFECT combination.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
miami, FL
I have had the opportunity to use it a few times already, and to date, the results have been satisfactory. When absorbed, it is possible to observe at first glance the mattifying effect and the touch, the skin feels much smoother and silky. The pores are considerably reduced. As for the lines of expression, I can say little, because the few I have are in the area of the ojera and in this area I do not apply primer.
The function that fulfills and of wonder, is the one to improve the duration of the makeup, mainly on greasy skins. As I told you, I use it when I know that I will not be able to touch myself and it has been perfectly perfect all day with an impeccable appearance.

I certainly recommend it, especially for those who are starting in this of the pre-bases, because they will find an effective, easy to use and cheap product.
Daniela C.
Daniela C.
Doral, FL
I did not consider primers an indispensable element in my daily beauty / make-up routine; But, if I like to use them when I use liquid bases of more coverage. The "e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Infused Primer" is a product that has worked me wonderfully. I like the packaging, you can control the amount of product to apply easily, and, in my case, with a minimum amount to cover the face.
I have read that this primer is ideal for oily skin, in my case the problem of grease is in the T zone, because I have mixed skin; But has not represented a problem in areas that tend to be dry.
It helps to improve the appearance of uniformity in the skin and lengthens the time that lasts the base, so it fulfills its purpose with effectiveness.

I would buy again, have a good , value price relationship.

I recommend it
Emily L.
Emily L.
Mount carmel, PA
Looking for a good face primer. I know elf products are a pretty good price. Would anyone recommend this?
Elvia D.
Elvia D.
Does this primer work well on oily skin?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this good?
Alexus Y.
Alexus Y.
So I really love elf but i know their products can be cheaply made as well sometimes. Is this a reliable primer??
Deblina B.
Deblina B.
Kolkata
Hello. I am very much interested in this product but I would like to know if it is suitable for oily skin or dry skin?