2 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #59 in Eyelid Primer

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

This gentle and completely sheer Eyeshadow Primer has key vitamins A, C and E to help prevent aging and moisturizes the skin. The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer lasting, crease proof eyeshadow. The Mineral Eyeshadow Primer is designed to be used with your favorite mineral eyeshadow to provide ultimate staying power for beautiful and vibrant color that lasts. 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes. DIRECTIONS Apply a small amount to the eyelid and blend in. Use as a base prior to applying eyeshadow. INGREDIENTS Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica CI 77019, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163. Net Wt. 0.15 oz 4.5 g

Buy on e.l.f. ...
Kimberly R.
Kimberly R.
Richmond, TX
Review for: Sheer
I cannot for the life of me understand why this hasn't yet become a cult classic amongst beauty experts and fashionistas. They go on and on about the Urban Decay primer potion, but this has been right under their noses for years and is a PERFECT DUPE for a fraction of the cost!
Seriously, I mean it. This is all you need to make sure that your shadow and liner stays on all day long.
Just to be sure, I recently used UD primer potion on my left eye, and E.L.F. (in Sheer) on my right eye. I noticed that they both looked and felt exactly the same- literally, there was no difference whatsoever.
I waited 5 minutes, and then applied liner and shadow. I kept checking every couple of hours, but by the end of the day, there was no difference in the pigmentation of my eye makeup.
This was great news for me, because it saves a bundle of $$$ that can be used to buy more products. When you're a makeup junkie like me, that's exciting news. :D
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
First off I love elf, it is such a great inexpensive brand that sells some amazing products that are literally comparable to higher end brands. My favorite collection of there's was the mineral line because it was paraben free and I found it to work amazing on my sensitive skin. My two favorite products from the collection was the mineral blushes and of course the mineral eye shadow primer, which was a holy grail for me. It not only elongated my shadow's wear time, but it intensified it as well. I was obsessed with this stuff and loved both shades of the primer, needless to say when the line was discontinued, I was upset. I'm pretty sure there are others out there feeling the same way! Rip elf mineral line.
Tiffani H.
Tiffani H.
Hanford, CA
Review for: Sheer
This is a nice drugstore eye primer, I think. I do like it more than the dual end primer/dealer product from elf, but I don't know if I like it any more than the primer from the essentials line. It provides me with a bit of coverage and conceals my dark, sometimes being lids, but if you have extra veiny lids I don't know if it would cover them completely.
This is the type of primer I have to set with a shadow that matches my skin tone because otherwise I have a hard time blending colors on top of it. It stays pretty tacky so the shadow sticks on where you put it and therefore doesn't like to blend.
LaTosha D.
LaTosha D.
Review for: Sheer
I must say this was kind of a miss for me. I understand why it was only a dollar. There isn't a lot inside the little container which is typical for elf. It certainly creases. I prefer a coverage and primer to give my shadows a bit more pop, which this didn't like others I've used. I even did a side by side comparison with it and without, didn't make much of a difference. It is basically same as applying moisturizer to my eyelids. Sorry, didn't do it for me.
Lisandro P.
Lisandro P.
San pedro, CA
Review for: Sheer
I like this product a lot, however if you have oily eyelids this will crease. You need to work a bit quickly because it dries fast. The downside for me about this is the applicator. As a Male Makeup Artist (I do not use makeup which is why I mentioned male) is unsanitary to use the applicator on several people. If I apply the product of my palette and then apply to eyelids the product starts to dry fast. But it does the job if you use it correctly.
Kelsey R.
Kelsey R.
Troy, AL
Review for: Sheer
For the price this stuff is pretty amazing. I got it thinking if it helps even a tiny bit, for $2 I can't go wrong. I have even used this on acne spots to help a concealer stick and it worked well there. I'm on my third tube. That leads to my only complaints, there is not a lot in the tube (but I mean it's only $2) and the applicator is kind of hard and not flexible. I have fair, combination skin, with oily t-zone and eyelids.
Ariana R.
Ariana R.
Saginaw, MI
Review for: Blush
I really wish I liked this product but I don't, especially in the summer! Disclaimer: I do have oily eyelids, so if you don't have this issue, this might be for you. But since I do have oily and hooded-shaped lids, this primer just does not work to keep shadow on them, unfortunately. Because of the shap of my eye lids, it often creases eyeshadow, so if you have a similar issue, I would not recommend this brand of eye primer.
Trisha J.
Trisha J.
This gives moderate coverage of the darker skin tone my lids have while providing an awesome base for eyeshadows to stay put al lady long. I've used this product religiously and repurchased two more times because it has been such a staple in my makeup collection! Even days I don't wear eyeshadows, this is on my lids to help brighten and even out the skin there and help this tired momma appear a little more awake.
Mkenna C.
Mkenna C.
Review for: Sheer
I personally do not Love this product. I don't think it made my eyeshadow last any longer and it tends to make the eyeshadow crease a bit more. In my opinion cheaper is not better when it comes to eyeshadow primers. I would splurge on urban decay's primer potion instead. The elf primer does make the colors more vibrant than without but again I don't think I would re purchase. I would use this over nothing though.
Kat D.
Kat D.
Review for: Sheer
People rave about this product but I don't get it. I found this top be a mediocre primer. it had a nice base color but it was very sheer so you would still need to apply something else to cover any dark coloration and veining. That all would be OK if it made product last but I didn't find that for this either. $1 at target is worth trying because who knows, if it works for you its a steal but not for me.
Monica D.
Monica D.
How is this eyeshadow primer? any good?
Rosie L.
Rosie L.
I was wondering if anyone had tried this product and found success by long lasting eye shadow? My problem is that my eyeshadow always wears off within a few hours of wearing. I have tried many different eye shadows, even really high end products that ended up being a waste of my money. If not this one, Can any one refer me to a relatively cheap in cost eyeshadow primer, thank you!
Heather F.
Heather F.
Prnc Frederck, MD
Is this good recommend product for primer makeup use ????
Jenna R.
Jenna R.
What exactly does primer do, and is it worth it to buy?
Cindy M.
Cindy M.
Doral, FL
These look so cool! How is the pigmentation?