BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Apply to lips and blend in color.
  • Use alone or layer with your favorite lip gloss shade for a glossy effect.

Rachael P.
Hey ladies! Today I'm going to be reviewing the @elfcosmetics Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose.

I think that the packaging is really nice! The black gives it a sleek look and I love that they give you a preview of the shade at the bottom of the stick.

This color is SUPER pretty swatched and I think the color shows up well in the photo in my slideshow. But for some reason when I was applying it and looking at it in the mirror, I thought that the shade wasn't a good fit for me. I guess I'll have to try it again and see what I think. 🌹

Another thing that I like about this lipstick is the fact that it goes on smoothly it doesn't have a strong scent to it.

This lipstick is enriched with Vitamins A, C & E to moisturize and hydrate your lips. 💋

This lipstick also contains a sharpener at the bottom of it that I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't read the back of the box. What an awesome surprise!

Do you guys have a favorite @elfcosmetics lip product?
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
This is one of my favorite lipsticks of 2018!! e.l.f. knows how to keep you happy all the way around!! They price everything cheap and make quality products for all skin types/colors. I got this lip pencil as a free gift for ordering online, and I have used it almost everyday since. I got the shade of natural. It's literally the closest shade I've ever found to match my lip color. It's so pretty and goes on so soft and easy. It's also enriched with vitamins so its healthy for your lips as well!! So it's a win,win for real! I highly recommend this lippie!!!
Kristin Ann S.
Review for: Praline, Rich Red, Natural, Tea Rose more...
I have had these in Natural/Praline/Rich Red/Nearly Nude in the past & currently own tea rose which these are my fave drugstore lipsticks & I wish I could find more colors! I wear tea Rose all of the time it looks better than my Kylie lip kit & is $3 at Kroger. Tea rose is a griege (grey dusty rose) which is kind of a unique color to the drugstore scene you don’t come across a lot of grieges but it’s a good dupe for MAC Stone but a bit more pink. They have a sharpener on the end but I don’t want to waste precious product but elf thinks of every thing & that’s 1 of the reasons they are my favorite drugstore brand. This lasts thru sipping on diet pop or water on a straw all day for 4+ hours it won’t survive eating but it’s not a liquid lipstick it’s not a tattoo lol I think it holds up well & BOLO for the other colors I just never go to target because it’s 20 miles away in another city. The “benefits” of living in a small village is you need access to someone W an automobile to go into the city 😁 I’ve raided my local elf display so much I’ve got about 1 of 3/4 of all the stuff lol this lipstick is giving me lyfe it’s so good it’s on par w my expensive MAC Mattes/Urban Decay in color performance/longevity. It won’t fade, it won’t suck all of moisture out of your lips. If I had to take one brand with me to a deserted island from the drugstore it’d be elf! You don’t have to spend $55 on a lipstick (guilty, yes) to get a great lipstick. Occasionally you will find elf at dollar tree! That’s so awesome. It makes this frugal gal’s heart sing. 10/10 buy this!!
aubree p.
Toronto, OH
Review for: Tea Rose more...
For the couple of dollars that this lip pencil costs, it’s not too bad. There’s a couple of problems though. In my own opinion, I believe the lipstick is dry and often looks crusty after a few hours of wearing - at least the shade I had did. You also have to reapply it several times in just a few hours. I think it’s nifty, though, that there is a pencil sharpener in the bottom, but it takes off much more product than you use.
The lipstick is great so photos or for putting beneath a gloss, but it is just too dry for me.
If you have just starting to wear lipstick and want to try out some shades, this would be great because it applies smooth and it’s only a couple of dollars, but this is not a lipstick that I would wear going out.
LYDIA A.
Atlanta, GA
Review for: Natural, Tea Rose, Praline, Rich Red, Wine, Rowdy Rouge, Dash Of Pink, Berry Sorbet, Mulberry Maven, Scarlet Night more...
You simply cannot beat these for the price point. With that being said they are what they are. They provide a matte lip color some being more intense than others. My reasons for 3 stars:-The color is not long-lasting. It seemed to fade away with any food or drink.-The color is really hard to tell from what is on the packaging. I have to swatch each time before I put on to remember. -I don't know if I had defective ones but sometimes the whole lipstick stick would just fall out on the packaging.
Nadine G.
Review for: BERRY SORBET, CRANBERRY, RICH RED, Dash Of Pink more...
I received the Holiday 4 pack of these lipsticks as a Christmas present and love them!

'Berry Sorbet' is probably my favorite in it's richness, it almost becomes a lip stain. Because of that, it lasts a very long time on my lips and barely moves. I've had a little transfer with it, but it's not any different than any other lipstick on the market.

I'd definitely recommend giving these a shot, especially for the price!

I'm wearing 'Berry Sorbet' in the attached photo.
Tiffany S.
Marietta, GA
Review for: PRALINE, NATURAL, HOT COMMODITY, TEA ROSE more...
I have so many of these now, because the price point is perfect and the shade range is fantastic.

The formula is a little on the dry side. I wouldn't hazard to call them creamy. And, after a few hours, I can feel the life leaving my lips. But they do wear evenly, hardly transfer, and are budge-proof once they matte down. Plus, there's a little shaper included in the end to keep them at a nice pointed tip for easy application.

E.l.f has been my drugstore favorite for a long time, and I will probably continue to grow my collection of these. But I will continue to wear a gloss on top most days.
Michaela G.
Northborough
Review for: Tea Rose more...
While I typically love most of E.L.F.’s products, this one was just okay for me. The packaging is cute and compact, perfect for traveling but the product was not great for me. The color was a fantastic cool toned mauve-nude but the formula just didn’t work for me. It is a nice consistently and glides on evenly and smoothly but it doesn’t last on me. The lipstick seemed to be gone less than 10 minutes after the application. While I didn’t expect life-changing results from such a cheap lippie, I would much rather spend a few dollars more on a lippie from Wet n Wild or NYX that actually lasts on my lips.
Camila M.
Morgantown
Review for: Rowdy Rouge, Dash Of Pink, Natural more...
I like that they are creamy And well pigmented. I don't love the shades I got: the red one has an orangy tone i don't love, the pink one os more a fuscia And the natural is just too pale for me, but mixing then I've had nice results. They don't dry my lips but I do apply a humectant before. Not Long lasting/resistant but since I paid 2 dollars for the 3 of them I can't complain. Attached is a photo (where I look horrible) of the shades in natural light.

Me gusta que son cremosos y bien pigmentados. No me gustan los colores por separado (el rojo tiene un tono naranjoso, el rosado es más bien fucsia y el natural es muy pálido para mi) pero mezclandolos he tenido buenos resultados. No resecan pero yo siempre aplico humectante antes. No duran mucho o son resistentes pero pague 2 dólares por los 3 asi que no puedo quejarme. En la foto (que salgo horrible) están los 3 tonos en luz natural.
Cassandra S.
Review for: Tea Rose more...
The tea rose shade is a very light pink/purple nude shade that is just a little too light for my liking, but it is very pretty. However the stick is very slim so it’s hard to apply color all over the lips. The formula is creamy and doesn’t feel tacky or sticky, leaving it comfortable to wear all day. It does need reapplying when it is worn all over the lip, so I use this more as a lip liner than anything else. It comes in 13 other shades and has a built in sharpener.

▪️Natural
▪️Rowdy Rouge
▪️Mulberry Maven
▪️Scarlet Night
▪️Coral

Most of the shades match another in
e.l.f. Cosmetics Lip Lacquer, e.l.f. Cosmetics Moisturizing Lipstick, and e.l.f. Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lipstick.
Anastasia V.
Kimberly, ID
What is your favorite color?
Renay S.
Edgewater, CO
What kind of elf lipstick do you prefer, matte or glossy?
Abbey M.
Does this dry out your lips because it's matte?
Hope B.