• e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color Rowdy Rouge
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color Berry Sorbet
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color Mulberry Maven

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Apply to lips and blend in color.
  • Use alone or layer with your favorite lip gloss shade for a glossy effect.

e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color

Start your review of e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color!

• No results found for "".
How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Savannah R.
Dalton
Review for: Hot Commodity more...
My natural lip color is not pale pink; it's dark pink (closest to Rimmel matte #105, red tube). Colors also pull brown on me--especially dark reds and even some "dusty pinks." "Natural" shades wash me out and look anything but natural. Most reviews I see for these are people with a much paler natural lip color, so even though I don't normally do reviews, I'm going to do a brief synopsis for people like me (especially since you're buying these on a guess).

Rich Red: Already owned, a bright red and on me has a slightly bright pink undertone. Yes, product falls out of tube eventually, so when that happens, best to apply cautiously.

Purchased:
Hot Commodity: Bright coral color, but not overpowering. Unless you get very experimental with the rest of your makeup, you won't look like "weird aunt Sue from Florida."

Bold Red: A more brick red. I put Rich Red on top lip and Bold Red on bottom lip for direct comparison. Pigment and color are very similar (one doesn't overpower the other), but I could see a slight difference. On me this is more of a true red--doesn't have the bright pink undertone. Definitely bold, but doesn't overpower my pasty face.

Mulberry Maven: A dark berry color. I was on the hunt for purple lipstick, and I am satisfied enough with this to stop that search for now, even though it's not "true purple." It is a strong color (probably good for fall), but you won't look goth wearing it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Praline: Was debating this or Coral (they look the same on the website swatches) and went with this to be safer (see problem of first paragraph). This is a light nut brown color on me. It is probably the lightest of all I purchased. If you're looking for a light brown, this will do.

Scarlet Night: Got this out of curiosity, and when I first put it on, it looked straight black. I decided to leave it on awhile and see if it changed when it warmed up, which it did--to a dark burgundy brown. It may look dark red on some people, but as I said, I'm a weird case. I would wear this in the fall, but it is not something I'd consider a regular "daytime" look, as it could easily read goth-ish.

Cranberry / Wine: Doing these together because they are SO similar. On me, both of these are maybe a shade or two darker than my natural lip color. I did the one on top lip one on bottom lip experiment for another direct comparison. Cranberry has a slightly redder undertone compared to Wine (which I guess is a little more brownish). But the difference is so slight I believe I could walk outside with one on top lip and the other on bottom lip and nobody would notice the difference. I think these suited me the best; they are less intimidating reds--you could wear them in the daytime without it being too much.

I hope this is helpful for someone. Based on my experience with the darker colors, I'd be willing to try some of the lighter ones to see if they wash me out like others have.
Morgan F.
Euless, TX
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Natural more...
Amazing price for good quality product. I used shade Natural. I thought it was a very pretty nude shade that complimented my fair skin tone. I cannot use this product when my lips are chapped, it exaggerates the dryness. When my lips are hydrated this product is very creamy and comfortable on the lips. It is not long lasting so you will have to reapply throughout the day. Easy to use and nice packaging. I was satisfied with my purchase and have recommended to several aliens looking for some good quality affordable matte lip products.
Rachael P.
Hey ladies! Today I'm going to be reviewing the @elfcosmetics Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose.

I think that the packaging is really nice! The black gives it a sleek look and I love that they give you a preview of the shade at the bottom of the stick.

This color is SUPER pretty swatched and I think the color shows up well in the photo in my slideshow. But for some reason when I was applying it and looking at it in the mirror, I thought that the shade wasn't a good fit for me. I guess I'll have to try it again and see what I think. 🌹

Another thing that I like about this lipstick is the fact that it goes on smoothly it doesn't have a strong scent to it.

This lipstick is enriched with Vitamins A, C & E to moisturize and hydrate your lips. 💋

This lipstick also contains a sharpener at the bottom of it that I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't read the back of the box. What an awesome surprise!

Do you guys have a favorite @elfcosmetics lip product?
Brenda N.
Norwalk, CA
Review for: Rich Red, Wine, Berry Sorbet more...
These matte lip colors are truly wonderful. They have one swipe pigment that honestly lasts for such a long time. The colors are beautiful and the matte black packaging is so nice and sleek. These colors have no scent at all and the sharp ends really help with crisp lip lines. Plus they all have an attached sharpener at the bottom! And for the price of $3 each, I’d say that’s a no brainer. At the time of my purchase, I got these in a set of 4 for $6! Unbelievable. Strongly recommend.
Audrey M.
Wildomar, CA
Every time I wear this lip color in red I always get compliments! It dries VERY matte so be sure to exfoliate and make sure you have hydrated. It does have a long wear but it is not a lip stain it reminds me of a matte creamy lipstick! One of my favorites and you can’t beat the price
Samantha S.
Norwich
Review for: Berry Sorbet more...
The color is bold but glossy. With the primer it lasts all day with a light thickness, glossy, yet dark color undertone on your lips. The magnetic case is amazing and doesn’t fall apart when carrying! Recommend! Came with my elf purchase #elfmattelipcolor #influenster #elfcosmetics #lipprimer
Lela J.
Godley
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Berry Sorbet more...
Waxy and not comfortable to apply. I did not enjoy this product. I do prefer a liquid lip but the product had a funny smell and was not pigmented enough and it was just not a fun experience and i hate it because i like this brand
Miranda M.
Huntley, IL
Review for: Natural more...
Just started trying out nude colors on my lips and this one hit the spot. It was the perfect color and exactly what I wanted! It lasts a long time and doesn’t require many applications. Works as a good liner also! This is my 3 matte color, I love everyone I’ve tried.
Katy C.
Columbus, NE
This lip product is ok, I just dont reach for it very much. Most of the lip products I use come in tubes or have applicators while this is like a thin stick. Think kiplinger but thicker. I have The color Tea Rose and it's a great neutral color but I have other products in this color range that I like more. It is very affordable though!
Jen I.
Baton Rouge, LA
Purchased at: CVS
The best drugstore lipstick. An amazing product, especially for the price. The design is genius. Many people don’t know that there is a built-in sharpener at the tail end of the lipstick. Pull the little colored end piece out and viola! Sharpen that baby and it’s like new. Stays on for a lonnnng time and feels great on my lips.
Abbey M.
Does this dry out your lips because it's matte?
Chelsea Q.