e.l.f. Cosmetics Mascara & Shadow Shield

Mascara & Shadow Shield

Is this helpful and worth the money? I have never and will never tape my skin lol usually I hold a cotton pad but love to find a reusable way to create sharp shadow
Is this product worth a buy...it seems very uncomfortable to hold and apply??
Start your review of e.l.f. Cosmetics Mascara & Shadow Shield!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“it´s a product that doesn´t really serve a purpose, I bought it once to try it out and I don´t think I ever used it more than once.” in reviews
“you can live without it.. i mean i guess sometimes it helps, if you are a beginner with makeup and make a mess.. but otherwise it isn't really useful” in reviews
Plainfield, IL
Purchased at: Target
Nice tool for applying eyeshadow or eye makeup and keep from getting undereye smudges or smearing. It is kind of a hassle having to hold up with one hand while trying to apply eye make up using just one other hand. I prefer the eyeshadow shields that stick under my eyes and stay in place without the use of my hands. Comes in handy when I run out of my disposable eye shields.
Purchased at: Walmart
Very flimsy and hard to use. When you flip it over to fit the contour, the eyeshadow falls out from the other side and ends up under the other eye. This product is made of thin silicone.
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mascara & Shadow Shield uploaded by Chaya K.
Two thumbs down! This ELF gadget didn’t work for me. It’s a mascara and shadow shield, I bought it mainly to protect my under eyes from eyeshadow fall-out but it was very awkward to hold while applying shadow at the same time, additionally the shape didn’t fit correctly under my eye. Instead of this, I opted to purchase shadow shield pads with adhesive to place under my eyes! Those work a lot better!
Upatoi, GA
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mascara & Shadow Shield uploaded by Mari K.
I bought it today and I love it. The material is like silicone to avoid scratch the skin. I really like it because the eye line get perfect and it helps a lot to make it the way has to be. I truly recommend it and the price worth it.
Anderson, CA
I have this, I thought it would be great to keep the shadow from falling on my cheeks but it's really awkward to hold with one hand and try to apply makeup with the other. Great price point but not so practical. The stick on shadow shields are a much better option, or even tape for that matter.
burlington , NJ
Whenever I put on my mascara I tend to mess up, so I figured this product would be very necessary. While it does a great job at shielding your lashes from areas you don't want to mark, I don't think its entirely necessary. For the 2 or 3 dollars I spent on it its fine, but its awkward to hold and honestly causes more hassle than just cleaning up your mistakes in the first place.
Toms River, NJ
I like to use fiber mascara but before I can set it with setting spray ( ELF or makeup rev.) The fibers end up on my cheeks.. This tool is a life saver at catching the main fibers. The main complaint with fiber extensions is they pour fallout on to your cheeks and under eyes. I will use this every time! Super easy. Just do one eye at a time. e.l.f. Cosmetics Mascara & Shadow Shield
Highlandtown, MD
I love this shield it is good for doing a wing with no mess. I brought mines from elf for only $3.00 can't beat the price. It is very easy to use, and it works good for avoiding shadow fall out. I would recommend this product.
This product is a hassle. I ordered it expecting less effort to remove fallout eyeshadow and stubborn mascara, but honestly it's easier to fix the mistakes than to use this. You have to occupy one hand with this while using your mascara and it's very difficult to just keep up with it honestly.
Wouldn't recommend, wouldn't buy again. Sorry.
Wouldn't recommend, wouldn't buy again. Sorry.
Oldsmar , FL
I bought this for my mom because she struggles to put on Mascara without getting it all over her face. This was a very cheap option and she is so happy with how it has worked out for her! It's made her be able to wear mascara everyday. I am definitely buying one for myself!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...