e.l.f. Cosmetics Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette

This Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette in Summer Breeze contains ten, perfectly curated matte eyeshadows for achieving a bold or subtle everyday look. These complementing shades are ideal for shading, highlighting, and defining the eyes. Use the satin matte shadows as liner, on the lid, and in the crease of the eye for an expertly contoured and blended look.

Name change! The Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette in Summer Breeze was previously named Mad for Matte 2 Eyeshadow Palette.

How To Use

Apply A Light Shade Over The Eyelid Using An Eyeshadow Brush.
 Next, Apply A Medium Shade Over The Eyelid Or The Crease And Outer Corner Of The Eye With A Blending Brush.
 Finally, Apply A Dark Shade In The Crease Of The Eye And Along The Lower Lash Line.
 Blend Out All The Shades To Create A Smoky, Contoured Look.
 For Long-lasting Results, First Prime The Eyelids With An Eyeshadow Primer.

Talc, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

May Contain:

Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Dc Black 2 (Ci 77266), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)

• as you know, we've created our own twist on tournament season by ...4 Answers
  • Are these good quality for drugstore makeup 9 Answers
  • Just curious.. Is this a highly pigmented product?? 13 Answers
Buy on Kmart
Amber W.
Millcreek, UT
I just used this pallet for the first time. There are several beautiful shades to choose from so you can change your look up, but they are all neutral and nice for an everyday look. They have a shade that perfectly matches my skintone, which I love for really subtle looks. This pallet can range anywhere from naked and subtle to smokey and bold. Most of the shades are very well pigmented, although there are a few that are less so than others. It is a powdery formula so I recommend using a primer, tapping your brush off before applying, and preparing yourself for a bit of fallout. However, these shadows blend effortlessly and have some staying power. Overall, it's an incredible pallet for the price and I will definitely be purchasing the other mad for matte pallets (I think they have 2 or 3 more now, I have my eyes set on the summery pallet with reds and oranges, it looks gorgeous)

Elf is awesome. If you haven't tried their products, start with this and one of their primers. You won't be disappointed.
Rachel T.
Baltimore, MD
I hadn’t tried ELF eyeshadow since they first started popping up in Target. I was not a fan and found them chalky. I decided to try out the “jewel pop” Mad for Matte palette. I am so surprised by how much the quality of ELF shadows has improved. I am truly impressed!! I love the bright colors but the browns in this palette are great transition shades. These shadows blend nicely but have some fall out. I don’t mind the fall out when I consider the price. Pictured is me wearing the brown shades from the Jewel Pop palette
Tasha S.
Lyndon, IL
I'm writing my review on the mad for matte 2 palette which was later changed to Summer breeze the colors in this palette imo are summer/fall shades very nicely pigmented and they blend really well there is fall out but like I always say if the pigmentation is there I'll deal with a lil bit of fall out. Elf has some pretty decent shadows fir the price and if used with a primer they are fairly long lasting. They have several of these matte palettes as well as palettes such as this one with shimmery and matte shades I have all but the newest one in jewel tones and I have to say I ain't mad at them!! They deliver on eyeshadows for an affordable price
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
I picked this up at Target because I was hearing so many good things! I love Elf products, the price, and the quality are amazing. I am a more metallic type of girl when it comes to eyeshadow. But these neutrals are wonderful to have in your collection, great crease colors, and subtle colors that can be used for daily wear. The formula is very buttery, and blends out easily on the eye. The packaging is AWESOME! It feels like a high end pallet. And they give you a mirror!!! Definitely something everyone should add to their makeup collections 💓💄e.l.f. Cosmetics Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette 🎨
LilMami S.
Greeley, CO
A beautiful palette of soft and feminine, natural colors. I was so surprised that these light colors actually show up really well on me. The easy blend-ability, great pigmentation, and high quality of the shadows blew me away! A simply beautiful one-and-done palette for an easy everyday look at an amazing price!
Besma A.
This is my eyeshadow palette that I use daily. The shadows are soft and decently pigmented. They obviously are not as pigmented as a morphe palette but I like it like that because I can go as light or as heavy as I want depending on the day. I use this palette daily I love it for work because I can throw together so many casual, natural looks together. I love this palette and I love the price as well!
Nicole C.
El Dorado, AR
I purchased this palette not having high hopes on it because I've hardly gotten my hands on a good elf product. To be honest I wore shades from this palette today, and absolutely love it! The shadows are pigmented, and blend so well. I was really impressed with this eyeshadow pallette, and the price, plus the fact all of the shadows are matte. I recommend this to anyone!
Harper B.
Palm Harbor, FL
First of all, I do not hate this palette. But there are better palette's out there. It's just...average.
The palette is entirely matte, no shimmer or anything else. All of the colors are pretty basic. All of them could be used as a transition shade or just a basic eye look. If you want to create a fun look, you would have to use another palette as well as this one.
Now as for the product itself. When I swatched it, it blended out to nothing. But when I put it on my eyes, I could see color. Not as pigmented as I was hoping, but there. It is a little patchy but not too bad. And it lasts.
I personally will not be buying this palette again, but it's not terrible for the price.
Emilie S.
Johnstown , PA
This is one of my go too every day matte palettes! It goes on so smoothly and the colors are beautiful. I love the price and think that you're getting way more than what you paid for! I will usually grab for it more than I would some of the tarte eye shadows I have and love, it compares to big brands without the big price tag!
Erica L.
This was the first eyeshadow palette i ever purchased because I heard great things on YouTube about it, and it was very affordable. It did not disappoint! The shadows are easy to work with and they do need to be built up a little, but for a beginner these are great especially if they have a heavy hand, like I did.
Kat P.
Rock Hill, NY
Just curious.. Is this a highly pigmented product??
Deanna L.
Are these good quality for drugstore makeup
Jatavia B.
Bishop, GA
I've purchased this at Walmart for 10.00 and it didn't come with an Makeup brush. I only paid 10.00 for that why didn't I get an makeup brush with my purchase?
Christine C.
I want to try this for everyday matte looks. I heard mad for matte 2 was a better formula but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is this one just as good? Or wait until I can find the second one?
Sandy D.
Baltimore, Md
Do the colors last all day?